• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Premiere Pro the best tool to create a simple slide show?

Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now played with every app in the cc cloud and yet again another useless, overly complicated program that can't do anything. What is premeir elements and whatis premeir pro? I am correct to say that there is no adobe application that can help me make a stupid slideshow with a bunch of pictures? And why is it I can not just open a adobe app and simply use it without being there for hours doing nothing at all? Adobe blows, bottom line. Useless.

Mod note: I changed your title to reflect more of what you are trying to accomplish. Hope that is OK.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And before any one asks, yes i am still building ikea dressers without looking at the instructions. I should not have too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid that Adobe is unlike Ikea...

Working with the video apps takes craft in order to be able to create.

If you're willing to learn the basics, here are some great ways to start:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/tutorials.html

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements is for prosumer use, including it automates many tasks for the user. That would probably handle what you need quickly and efficiently.

Premiere Pro ... is what it says. For a professional in video post-processing. And would be way over-kill for your needs, but for those working professionally, the complexities mean we have the options we need ... and want to control manually ourselves ... to the get the job done.

I've been years in this program, and I still keep Jarle Leirpoll's excellent book next to my working computer. It's over 1200 pages including appendices and index, but incredibly useful. If anything, I'd like it bigger ... more detailed on more things. Yea, this is that complex and capable an app.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

========

I am correct to say that there is no adobe application that can help me make a slideshow with a bunch of pictures?

==============

A lot of places ( churches and event rooms and community rooms ) use " powerpoint " , by microsoft. I used it a few times a long time ago but never 'projected' it. You can buy a projector that shows the slideshow on a screen so everyone can see it....

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, Christopher!
I found that Lightroom Classic is, by far, the fastest way to put together a "slide show" of still images set to music with very little interaction required by the user. I bet you won't even have to crack open the manual. Give it a shot.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

While Premiere Pro and other already mentioned Adobe products can produce slideshos, I use Photodex,, but it's no longer available - assume insolvent. Another software I have read good things about and my try it soon is:

https://www.wnsoft.com/en/pte-av-studio/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines