• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Story Plus a part of Creative Cloud or not?

Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2012 Jul 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything I read on Adobe.com indicates Story Plus is included in Creative Cloud.  However, when I try to access it from CreativeCloud.com I get Story Free.  I started a chat with Adobe, and I was told I need to subscribe separately for Story Plus.

Which is it?  And if it is included, how do I fix my problem and get access to Story Plus?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Oct 26, 2014 Oct 26, 2014

Hi,

The availability of Story Plus is dependent on the Subscription Plan a user has for Creative Cloud. For some plans(like Education), Story plus in not available currently. Story free is available to all users.

For further information, please check the subscription plan details. You can also drop us a mail at : DL-AdobeStory-support@adobe.com with your Adobe ID and we can check the information for you.

Regards,

Sunny

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2012 Jul 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Story Plus in included with a subscription to the Creative Cloud.

Are you a paid subscriber to the creative cloud? If yes, you should get access to Story Plus when you log in from https://story.adobe.com/

Can you tell me if you see Story Plus on the top left hand corner of the screen when you log into Story?

--Anubhav

Anubhav Rohatgi

Sr. Product Manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2012 Aug 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am a paid subscriber.  When I would access Story from the apps page in creativecloud.com, it would log me into Story Free.  When I went directly to story.adobe.com, I was able to sign in and it became Story Plus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 28, 2012 Aug 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We tried out the steps you mentioned but are not able to reproduce the issue at our end.

Can you please retry login to Story from creative.adobe.com apps page. If you are still facing the issue please mention the url your redirected to from apps page.

Thanks

Ayushi

Adobe Story Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2012 Nov 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I know this thread is a few months old but I'm having a similar problem. I have a creative cloud subscription but when I log in to story I get the free account. Not plus. I tried login in through both my creative cloud account and going directly to story.adobe.com. Both send me to a free account. Also my desktop version kept trying to install and update and failing. I can't open the desktop app. This seems to be because the offline version is no longer free. Am I correct?

Also,

I don't know if this important but I started using story while it was still being tested, before I got my subscription. (Actually, before creative cloud was available if I'm not mistaken.) Could the fact that my account predates the "Story Plus" be a factor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2012 Nov 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ojcruz123,

I just had to uninstall the desktop version and reinstall since it kept crashing with the mandatory update.

It all works again and I am logged in on the web and the desktop.

But, on the desktop version, it says FREE. On the web version it says PLUS. I am an AdobeCloud subscriber, so they should both be PLUS.

Regards

Martyn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2012 Nov 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fact, solved the mismatch by logging out of the desktop, loggin again, and going back online to synch.

Martyn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 26, 2012 Nov 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please share your email id with us at DL-AdobeStory-support<at>adobe<dot>com . Also, please try uninstalling your existing story desktop app and install again.

thanks

Sandeep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2012 Nov 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sandeep. I removed the desktop version of Story. However, I can't recall where the dmg file for it might be. (I did download one of the first beta versions and only continued to update ever since by opening the Software and Updating when prompted.) I went to the site (my creative cloud account at creative.adobe.com) but I can't seem to find anywhere to download the desktop app again. The story icon only provides a "learn more" link. My application manager does not include Story. I will send you an email with my email ID.

By the way, there has been a new development. My whole account is now expiring everyday. Everytime I open any software it asks me to renew, which I do and seems to work fine (It says something along the lines of "Subscription Renewed!" so I assume that means it works), but it only lasts until I close the app or open another adobe software. At which point it expires again and I must renew. I have been renewing three or four times a day for the last two days.

Also, the email above appears as  DL-AdobeStory-support<at>adobe<dot>com

Seemed odd so I'll ask. Is your email DL-AdobeStory-support@adobe.com? or just support@adobe.com? Or maybe adobestory@adobe.com?

I sent an email with my info to all of the above including chandna@adobe.com. I'm sorry if I error on the side of exesiveness, but I really would like to resolve the issue.

Also, I received an inmediate reply from autoreply@adobe.com saying:

You have replied to an automated e-mail system that is unable to respond to individual questions or comments.

If you have further questions, visit the Adobe Support website at www.adobe.com/support/.

This does not inspire peace of mind. I hope this is just one of all the addresses I sent it to. Anyways,

thanks for looking into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2012 Dec 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having the same issue. When I log in to Adobe Story (from story.adobe.com or from creative.adobe.com) I get Story Free instead of Plus and am I creative cloud subscriber. Any luck resolving this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can try login after removing 'cache' and 'cookies' of your browser. If you are a creative cloud subscriber then it should treat you as a Story plus user. if the issue is not resolved you can send you email id to DL-AdobeStory-support<at>adobe<dot>com. We will confirm the current status of your account.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No luck.

I sent an email to the address DL-AdobeStory-support with my log in name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, im having the same issue. I have a cc subscription but i can only sing in as a free user. What should i do ? I also want to download the  desktop app but cant find a way to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2013 Nov 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a creative cloud subscriber and I am unable to get access to the Story Plus version. I cannot download the offline version either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2013 Nov 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.,

Same problem here. I tried solutions above, but still no luck. I tries the chat support, they try and get me to do same stuff, and eventually just ditch me and disconnect. I hve wasted alot of time and Im very frustrated I have a producer waiting on a documentary treatment. Help Please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 25, 2013 Nov 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Send us your adobe id DL-AdobeStory-support<at>adobe<dot>com and we'll check why you are facing this issue.

Most common reasons for this issue are:

1) Subscription has expired ( or monthy subscription has failed)

2) The CC subscription doesn't include Adobe Story plus.

Regards,

Sunny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2013 Dec 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been passed back and forth to over 8 different members of staff, spending over 4 hours on the phone this past month and everyone is giving me a different answer. Nobody seems to have a clue in Adobe Call Centres... all I want to do is speak to someone in the UK.... but apparently I can't even do that. The customer releations from Adobe is awful.

I have Creative Cloud UK Educational edition, Adobe Story Plus won't work at all with this version, some agents I spoke to say its because its Educational, others say its not inculded at all...

I spent hours trying to esclate it as a complaint, a week later all I get back is 'Login at Story.adobe.com', do they not think I've tried that.

Has anyone else had the same issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2013 Dec 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same poor service from Adobe on every issue I raise.  Like the rest of you, I am having the same issues with Story.  I am thinking about dropping by Creative Cloud subscription and migrating to non-Adobe products.  Their support service is not only worthless, but I have found the helpdesk people to be rude and insulting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had some of the same confusion.  I assumed if this were a fully supported product, as a part of the paid subscription, I could download a desktop app that would integrate with all the others through the cloud app.  This is a very un CC experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is actually still reproducible five years later.

If you go to the Story page while logged in, it will continually give you only the free version.

If you log out and then back in while still on the Story page, it will continue to give you access to only the free version.

The fix for this, for Creative Cloud subscribers, is to do all of the following:

1. Log out of every Adobe page.

2. Go to https://story.adobe.com

3. Log in.

4. Select Story Classic ("looking for the old version? Click here" in the upper right hand corner of your screen)--it does not seem to work if you do not follow this step. I fussed with it for about half an hour on two separate computers (desktop and laptop) before getting it to work by doing this.

5. Wait for the Classic app to launch, then select "Projects>>Download Desktop App"

This series of steps was the only way I could get to the desktop app. Without first selecting the old version, Story wasn't giving me the option to download, nor was it giving me the "Plus" version. Once I selected Story Classic after logging completely out of all things Adobe and logging back in on Story's page, only then could I access the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's cool, it's technically not the new 2017 version unfortunately but at least it gives me an offline alternative. Missing some of the new features is lame but I can't even use half of the short cuts through my browser anyway haha. It's compromises like this that make people turn to other screen writing programs, I have the student CC and it's like one of the only features they cut out of the package. They expect me to pay 10 more dollars a month to use one program when there are programs of comparable natures out for free by other companies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the very same problem adobe trying to make me pay double for story plus. Their support has gone the way of dodo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi......could I ask those of you who contributed to this thread to consider adding a comment in support of keeping Adobe Story going on the following thread? The hope would be that if enough people contributed Adobe may listen. If you know of others who use Adobe Story perhaps you could pass the link on and invite them to make a comment. We are also hoping that Story could be developed further to the same standard as Adobe Story Classic.

Story Discontinued...

Thanks

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2014 Aug 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problems that are reported here. Using the App or signing in to the web I get Adobe Story FREE and no longer PLUS. This is A REALLY BIG PROBLEM because I'm in the middle of scripting with a deadline in 8 days and I CAN NO LONGER SYNC my script or generate urgently needed reports. Whatever went wrong must have happened in the last weeks.

ADOBE: PLEASE ADDRESS THIS ISSUE IMMEDIATELY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2014 Aug 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

Please mail us your story login email id at DL-AdobeStory-support@adobe.com so that we can have a look at this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines