• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there any way to "ripple nudge" a clip to an adjacent clip?

Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

Is there a keyboard shortcut to "ripple nudge" a clip to an adjacent clip? I want to be able to move a cut clip (within a sequence) next to an adjacent clip on the same track without moving all of the other clips in the track (which ripple delete would do).

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

I have posted a Feature Request if others wish to support it...copy and paste.

Wishform - Adobe Premiere Pro

How would you like the feature to work?

Select a Clip (or asset) in the timeline.

Use a shortcut key (or combination) that "butts: the clip to the next edit point (clip/asset) left or right..... without Rippling the tracks.

(Rippling Tracks already has effective tools)

Why is this feature important to you?

The ability to quickly tighten and compile a sequence without gaps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont think so but its a very good idea and would be handy

Butt Left or Butt Right

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DKhab,

Is there a keyboard shortcut to "ripple nudge" a clip to an adjacent clip? I want to be able to move a cut clip (within a sequence) next to an adjacent clip on the same track without moving all of the other clips in the track (which ripple delete would do).

Sounds like you want to slide. There are shortcuts for sliding 1 or 5 frames at a time. You can also nudge clip selection, but it does leave behind a gap. Please try it and report back if one of those functions is what you wanted to do. If not, please let me know.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,

Thanks for your answer.

Sliding is not what I'm looking for. I was aware of the feature.

What I'm looking for is a "ripple slide". In the image below - I'd like to slide the selected clips over to the left clip with one keyboard shortcut while keeping the right hand clips where they are. It would be really helpful for cutting up interviews while retaining timecode from clients.

Ripple Slide.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Slightly different to what I thought...so here is what I do...(and I am doing this as we speak)

I have my select interview parts  in a Sequence and the client has a TC movie of that sequence.

Client listed some preferences

So...

I got to that clip in the sequence and ALT /Up Arrow... so the Video Nudges up One Track.  It now stands out in Sequence so I can use it as and when I am ready.   Its a system I have used for ever and it keep so the TC References relevant.

FWiW - If I want to super select my clip choice...I Nudge it up Two Tracks.   SIMPLE eh!

I would still like to be able to Butt Left and Butt Right..... Kevin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Butt Left and Right is still useful for other purposes. Time to request a feature!

As for marking clips, I set my F5-11 keys as shortcuts for labels and use colors (which allows me to keep my layer structure simple when dealing with multicam and b-roll).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drag it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha. That's too much of a.... drag when trying to work quickly.
I'm big into keyboard shortcuts (I've customized my keyboard shortcuts so that I pretty much never have to move my left hand while editing) and would love one for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I pretty much never have to move my left hand while editing) and would love one for this.

Whats your right hand doing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have posted a Feature Request if others wish to support it...copy and paste.

Wishform - Adobe Premiere Pro

How would you like the feature to work?

Select a Clip (or asset) in the timeline.

Use a shortcut key (or combination) that "butts: the clip to the next edit point (clip/asset) left or right..... without Rippling the tracks.

(Rippling Tracks already has effective tools)

Why is this feature important to you?

The ability to quickly tighten and compile a sequence without gaps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whats your right hand doing?

Gettin' a little personal there, eh? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Avid DS had a 'ripple end' marker - you mark that at the out point of your selected clip then go and ripple delete the gap before it.

I prefer the idea of butting left/right. adobe.com/go/wish

Avid MC has the ability to enter timecodes on the sequence for source timecodes. E.g. I can view A2 source timecode and enter timecodes relevant to that track in the timeline directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines