• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with Adding Keyframes

Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there. I have been testing the use of getting and setting keyframes, along with trying to set the interpolation type of keyframes, but I'm running into all sorts of issues.

First off I have tried using this code:

// components == "motion" effect on a selected clip

alert(targetClip.components.properties[1].getKeys()); //alert 1

targetClip.components.properties[1].addKey(time);

alert(targetClip.components.properties[1].getKeys()); // alert 2

When I do this, alert one returns one time object, and then I run it again and it returns two time objects, as expected. Yet, when I look in the effects control panel in Premiere, only one keyframe is there. I figured this was happening because I didn't force the UIUpdate, so i proceeded with:

targetClip.components.properties[1].setValueAtKey(time, amount, 1);

but still no luck.

I am wondering if I was using an incorrect time value, but when checking it against the sample code on GitHub, I saw that seconds should work. Either way I tried passing in time as seconds, ticks, and just the full time object based off of app.project.activeSequence.currentPlayerPosition(). I also tried passing in the updateUI as true, and that did nothing either.

I went through again and set a bunch of keyframes, none of which showed up in Premiere's UI, but I was able to go in and set the values of them and find them at the time spots I had added them in at. It seems to all live just in extendscript, but isn't being pushed to the front end.

Tested in both 2017 and 2018, on Motion and Gaussian Blur. Anyone had these issues or have any insights? Hoping someone does, seeing as this is in the public documentation, and I'm not even messing around in the QE space.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to bump this up to see if anyone had the same results?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strangest thing. Was experiencing the issues. Ran the sample code you linked, and then went back and ran my own code and it worked.

Was not able to isolate the issue again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect!

I think that's the coding equivalent of bringing the car to the mechanic, and having it stop making that funny noise, on the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines