• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with Premiere 23.5 on M2 Ultra Studio

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2023 Jul 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using premiere for over 15 years now. I have never experinanced such a buggy version. Ever since I got the MAC STUDIO M2 Ultra, Premiere has been nothing short of a nightmare. From issues of editing with two monitors, two video not being played on the timeline. Massive lagging. Not able to render anything. Someone FIX this version. Come out with an update already. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Aug 14, 2023 Aug 14, 2023

I have a quick update for anyone experiencing poor playback performance on M2 Mac Studio Multi-display setups.

We've identified an issue where disabling the MacOS system setting "Displays have separate Spaces" under "Desktop & Dock" degrades playback performance. By default this setting is enabled.

We're still working on an official resolution but in the meantime you can try re-enabling that setting as a workaround (requires system reboot to take effect) 

KylePlumadore_0-1692053164067.png

Let me know if you had that setti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023
Hi all - another update:

Apple has identified the source of the bug. I anticipate that it will be fixed in a future MacOS update.  My understanding is that it's a complex bug to fix, so it may take additional time to get fixed in the OS.

To facilitate a quicker improvement for users, Apple has also provided us with an application side code change which will workaround the bug. This change is available for testing now in the latest Premiere Pro Beta (24.2.0.34) dated 2023-12-01.  I've verified

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

I'm happy to share that Premiere Pro 24.2.1 contains the fix for the M2 Studio multi-display playback performance bug I previously described here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/issues-with-premiere-23-5-on-m2-ultra-studio/idc-p/14007966#M13412

This means that playback performance with the system setting “Displays have separate Spaces" disabled should now be on par with that setting enabled in Premiere Pro 24.2.1 and later.

Please note that if you are experiencing an issu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Hello @Igal Hecht,

A product team member listed your bug as fixed, so I marked it as such. I appreciate your patience while they were fixing the problem.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 145 Replies 145
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, when can we expect an update that solves this problem. I know, the workaround to checkmark the Item "Displays have seperate spaces", solves the problem, but is just a workarond. I don't want to work with this checkmark on. So when will this problem be solved? Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@aswinv80338389 

This issue has turned out to be complex to solve.

What we know: Premiere Pro has no knowledge of, and doesn't do anything differently whether or not "Displays have separate Spaces" is enabled. This setting changes how MacOS behaves with respect to multiple displays. There appears to be a conflict with how Premiere Pro sends video frames to MacOS and how MacOS determines display dirty regions when "Displays have separate Spaces" is unselected. The current theory is that MacOS does is not detecting that the display needs to be updated despite Premiere Pro sending a frame - and thus the new frames are never shown on the screen.

We are working closely with engineers at Apple to find a solution - either in the OS or in the application.

As soon as I have anything concrete to share around when this will be resolved, I will do so in this thread. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any word on if this issue has been adressed in either Ventura 13.6, or in Sonoma 14.0? I'm nervous to upgrade to either one. Currently running triple monitors and with spaces separate on all displays, my workflow is a mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lhad massive issues with timeline scrolling. lag reduced by downgrading to version 23.5. mac studio m1 max. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will 24.0 help? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having an issues running premiere pro in my system. im using mac book air m2. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the memory leak issues and "Display have separate Spaces" been resolved in the October release for Premiere and After Effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a M2 Ultra Studio, and after upgrading to Sonoma and Premiere Pro 24.0 I have kept the displays have separate spaces, but I just tried turning it off, and running Premeire.

Just a quick jump into a timeline and it is working just fine right now, after previously being totally unresponsive. Will keep updated if things change, but right now it looks to be working and I am just so happy to not have my monitors as seperate spaces.

- Jonah Lee Walker
Video Editor, Colorist, Motion Graphics Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again.. just looking for an official update. Does MacOS 14.1 contain the fix? I'd like to know before I pull the trigger on the upgrade. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Branded Productions In my local testing of macOS 14.0 / 14.1 I've observed that playback stutter is improved compared to macOS 13.x with "Displays have separate Spaces" enabled. However, it is not yet on par with disabling "Displays have separate Spaces" or using a single display. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to also confirm that 14.1 did not fix this issue. It's prevelent in Premiere, After Effects as well as a few other applications like Jump Desktop. I have downgraded my OS back to Ventura, which seems to have cleared up the issue. I also have reported feedback to Apple. Please keep us posted -- it's not worth upgrading to Sonoma until this is taken care of by Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Displays have separate Spaces" has been an issue before sonoma.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got antsy and pulled the trigger on the 14.1 update. With non-separate spaces, the stutter is still there, but not quite as bad as os13. I can't see all frames in permiere or AE on my main monitor, but I just can't stand having separate spaces anymore.. so I found another work around. I put a decklink card in a sonnet box, and enabled mercury transmit out to a TV. this output is nice and smooth. Now, my GUI moitor is good enough to work on, and the decklink monitor is a perfectly smooth output. Never thought adding a monitor would've helped.. but throwing more money and kit at my desk has fixed me up for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting what worked.

If you happen to be doing broadcast work, using a breakout box is the proper way to monitor picture anyway.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For sure, Warren. I'm not doing broadcast work currently, although I did years ago.. Mostly just tons of corporate B2B videos these days. All internet delivery stuff. But the broadcast style breakout setup is an upgrade for my home suite. Might as well make lemonade out of these dang lemons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anybody confirm if 14.1.1 fixes the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did the update.. it made no difference. Still stuttery on GUI monitor, still smooth on the mercury transmit monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a release date on fixing this issue? We had to change the way we use our dual monitors to have a decentish experience but this was first informed in August and we are already in december... We shouldn't have to change our whole setup just to make the adobe suite run decentish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree! This very anoying that the problem isnt still fixed. Waiting from August now and work with the changed screens, but I am not happy with that at all. Please Adobe FIX THIS ISSUE!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stop being distracted by the AI and fix this please.

If this persists... bye bye adobe

😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My understanding (though limited) is this has something to do with Apple. Other software (Blender, Jump Desktop, etc) are having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sonoma 14.1‌.2 was just released with "Bug fixes" -- anybody brave enough to try it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I accidentally let my M2 Ultra update to the latest version of Sonoma; haven't noticed any problems with Premiere V24.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all - another update:

Apple has identified the source of the bug. I anticipate that it will be fixed in a future MacOS update.  My understanding is that it's a complex bug to fix, so it may take additional time to get fixed in the OS.

To facilitate a quicker improvement for users, Apple has also provided us with an application side code change which will workaround the bug. This change is available for testing now in the latest Premiere Pro Beta (24.2.0.34) dated 2023-12-01.  I've verified it myself but if anyone else experiencing this bug wants to validate that this Beta version (or newer) also solves the problem on their end, that would be helpful. If we don't find any negative side effects as a result of this workaround, it will be available in a future non-Beta version of Premiere Pro as well.

As I mentioned above, I also expect an eventual MacOS update to resolve this issue. This will be useful for those users who do not wish to update their versions of Premiere Pro.

I will provide another update when I have concrete Premiere Pro (non-beta), or MacOS version numbers which resolve the poor playback when "Displays have separate Spaces" is disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm curious if this bug was squashed in Sonoma 14.3 -- anybody try it out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines