• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with Premiere 23.5 on M2 Ultra Studio

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2023 Jul 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using premiere for over 15 years now. I have never experinanced such a buggy version. Ever since I got the MAC STUDIO M2 Ultra, Premiere has been nothing short of a nightmare. From issues of editing with two monitors, two video not being played on the timeline. Massive lagging. Not able to render anything. Someone FIX this version. Come out with an update already. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Aug 14, 2023 Aug 14, 2023

I have a quick update for anyone experiencing poor playback performance on M2 Mac Studio Multi-display setups.

We've identified an issue where disabling the MacOS system setting "Displays have separate Spaces" under "Desktop & Dock" degrades playback performance. By default this setting is enabled.

We're still working on an official resolution but in the meantime you can try re-enabling that setting as a workaround (requires system reboot to take effect) 

KylePlumadore_0-1692053164067.png

Let me know if you had that setti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023
Hi all - another update:

Apple has identified the source of the bug. I anticipate that it will be fixed in a future MacOS update.  My understanding is that it's a complex bug to fix, so it may take additional time to get fixed in the OS.

To facilitate a quicker improvement for users, Apple has also provided us with an application side code change which will workaround the bug. This change is available for testing now in the latest Premiere Pro Beta (24.2.0.34) dated 2023-12-01.  I've verified

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

I'm happy to share that Premiere Pro 24.2.1 contains the fix for the M2 Studio multi-display playback performance bug I previously described here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/issues-with-premiere-23-5-on-m2-ultra-studio/idc-p/14007966#M13412

This means that playback performance with the system setting “Displays have separate Spaces" disabled should now be on par with that setting enabled in Premiere Pro 24.2.1 and later.

Please note that if you are experiencing an issu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Hello @Igal Hecht,

A product team member listed your bug as fixed, so I marked it as such. I appreciate your patience while they were fixing the problem.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 145 Replies 145
Participant ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed 14.3 Sonomo.  All working fine except for Lumentri scopes which haven't worked since I installed earlier versions of Sonoma.   The only workaround I have is to close scopes, reopen the scopes panel, deselect Vectorscope and then reselect.  The scopes as saved then reappear.  A pain but not infuriating.

System is M2 Mac Studio Ultra 64GB Sonoma 14.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried moving to premiere 24 and Sonoma. Trying to reverse Sonoma as it
crashes every time I’m rendering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What platform are you running? Definitely no crashes when rendering Sonoma 14.3 on our M2 Mac Studio Ultra or M1 Mac Studio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found that the kind of crash your describing can be effects related. Try rendering the same sequence without any major effects. (Things like film grain or especially third party plugins.)  Or, change the render engine settings to Software Only intead of Metal or hardware accellerated, if it lets you. Now that I'm thinking about it, the M chips might not give you that option anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Change the render engine settings to Software Only ... the M chips might not give you that option anymore."

Baconpost,

You're confused, and others are confused, because the documentation is incorrect.

@Kevin-Monahan Documentation Issue.

R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jan 25, 2023: Adobe + Sonoma + Apple's M2 PRO = instability, pain and frustration...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

M2 Ultra, 64GB, Sonoma 14.2, Internal HD for System/software, 2 SanDisk SSD 1TB 1050 MB/s for footage

The only effect the footage has is Lumetri... no third-party

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm happy to share that Premiere Pro 24.2.1 contains the fix for the M2 Studio multi-display playback performance bug I previously described here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/issues-with-premiere-23-5-on-m2-ultra-studio/idc-p/...

This means that playback performance with the system setting “Displays have separate Spaces" disabled should now be on par with that setting enabled in Premiere Pro 24.2.1 and later.

Please note that if you are experiencing an issue that is not related to the “Displays have separate Spaces” system setting then this build may not resolve it and I would encourage you to make a separate thread describing it in full detail. 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Igal Hecht,

A product team member listed your bug as fixed, so I marked it as such. I appreciate your patience while they were fixing the problem.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the "Displays have separate spaces" work around but it was already enabled. I tried turning it off, rebooting, turning it on, rebooting, but Premiere is totally unusable, it's slower than slow. If I turn off my 2nd display and reset my workspace to fit one monitor, it seems to work OK but the minute I try anything with the 2nd display, things just do not work. Help! This is my livelihood and I currently cannot edit effecitvely at all on my Mac Studio M2 Ultra. 

Specs: M2 Ultra 24 CPU cores, 60 GPU cores, 64GB memory, 1TB ssd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul, if you can, try updating to the most recent version of Premiere Pro. It's fixed the issue for me competely and has been really stable so far. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on version 24.2.1 (build 2) still laggy and unusabe if I use two monitors. If I disconnect/turn off the second monitor and move my workspace to just one it works ok. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you still have problems if you leave the 2nd monitor connected but use the single display workspace? E.g. no Premiere windows on the second display.

What displays are you using and how are they connected to the Mac Studio?

Are you able to share a sample project/media that reproduces this?

Thanks,
Kyle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I left the second monitor connected and on this morning and worked off of one it was better but still far from ideal. It would just randomly hang and stop responding forcing me to force quit the application.

I am using a pair of DELL U2415 monitors (24" 1920x1200 displays). Primary monitor is connected to the Studio's HDMI and the secondary display is connected to HDMI through a Docktek dongle that has HDMI and a couple USB A & USB C ports.

I had been having issues for a while and assumed it was something when I migrated data over from my Intel Mac Pro. So 2 weeks ago I did a factory reset and set up the Mac Studio as new, no migration, just blank slate and reinstalled my apps. So far its been painfully slow and at times impossible to use.

Not sure how I can share the project, the one I am working on is about 780GB of media. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@paulfilm_ltd 

This does sound like a different issue than the one described in the rest of this thread.

Are you able to reproduce your issue with a minimal simple project (e.g. 1 media file) or does it only happen with more complex projects? The multi-display issue largely discussed in this thread was apparent even with playback of a single media file imported into a new project.

Also - next time Premiere hangs can you grab a process sample via Activity Monitor?

Open Activity Monitor and double click the Adobe Premiere Pro process and hit the "Sample" button while it's hung (e.g. when you'd have to force quit). With any luck that sample can help identify what the application was trying to do when it became stuck.

Thanks,

Kyle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple/small projects don't seem to have the issue. I've noticed that also media is always pending or not populating at all. I am editing off of an external Crucial X9 SSD connected to thunderbolt, disk speed test shows it is plenty fast. I am not even editing 4K, the footage is shot in 4K UHD but I am editing on a 1080P timeline.

How do I get the sample to you? I saved it as a text file but do not nsee an option to attach files, just images. 

Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 12.36.01 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@paulfilm_ltd It might be worth adding/removing media to try to isolate at which complexity or with what media the issue starts happening.

Also I sent you a message for uploading the process sample.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kyle Plumadore sent over the sample logs. I've tried a new project and importing footage slowly but its hard to tell, I feel like as soon as a project gets too "big" it just gives up and stops working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to bring up an issue I'm having with Premiere and After Effects. It seems that they're not consistently keeping the same output monitor for video preview. Whenever I restart my Mac M2US, the output ends up on a different screen. I have 3 monitors connected directly (no hub or dongle). While iOS displays the correct alignment, Premiere and After Effects show the same screen selection inside software as before restart, but now checked screen 2 displays output on screen 3, and checked screen 3 outputs to screen 2. I've tried seeking help by posting a topic about it here on community, but unfortunately, I haven't received any responses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just in case anyone has the same issue I was having, found out the root cause was the Sony Catalyst Prepare plugin which was the cause of all my woes. After removing the plugin, Premiere is behaving normally. Shout out to Kyle P. for helping me isolate the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines