• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard shortcuts won't work in Premiere Pro CC

Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2014 Jul 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New to Premiere CC, and I'm trying to use the keyboard shortcuts as provided on the Adobe cheat sheet.  However, it seems the shortcuts aren't working or triggering with my keyboard.  Any thoughts?  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Caps lock?

Hitting Ctrl instead to Cmd on mac?

Keyboard unplugged?

(just a few wild guesses)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reversing Cmd to Ctrl was my first guess… Caps lock isn't on…  keyboard's plugged in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the problem is that no matter how many times I save the key board short cuts they wont work once back on editing mode

Please do you have a more reliable way of getting things sorted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do any keyboard shortcuts work?

eg Ctrl-S (Save), V (Select Tool)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the keyboard shortcuts work.  However, I did go to another application on my MacBook Pro, and found that standard shortcuts do work on that application.  I suppose its not the keyboard, but is there a setting in Premiere Pro that needs to be modified, perhaps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible that this "Trial" version of Premiere Pro CC doesn't come with pre-loaded shortcuts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about this snapshot of my shortcuts menu:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/byssd9kybg4dc43/Keyboard%20Shortcuts%20menu.pdf

notice all the shortcuts are missing from the "shortcuts" column… could this be the source of my problem?  If so, I'm unable to modify this menu option.  Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Twirl them Open tose the contents

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shooter,

I tried getting that translated from New Zealandeze but Adobe does not support that translation language

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"to see" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At first, when I "twirled" I didn't see any option to manually modify the shortcuts.  However, upon clicking in the column space to the right of each option (a few times), I was able to do it.  This helped, shootemz!  Still fuzzy on why when selecting the "Default" option the shortcuts are not applied automatically.  Any thoughts there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2014 Jul 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get this resolved yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2014 Jul 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorta.  I built some shortcuts, but still don't know why - when selecting "default" premiere doesn't recognize any shortcuts.

Isaac

[edited by moderator to remove personal info]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2014 Dec 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me as well. My keyboard is not working within Premiere Pro CC. Nothing that I do on the keyboard works within Prem.Pro. However it works fine while I type this. The only thing that I can think of is that my free trial period ended and Adobe may eliminate the keyboard. However, I paid for a subscription and it still won't work. Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2015 Jun 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi did someone resolve it ?

It's happening to me now, I think since I changed the language manually in the ATMLanguages folder?

Carlos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2015 Jun 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

happened to me just now! I was rocking the editing on my timeline with all sorts of keyboard shortcuts...proud of myself for not touching the mouse ever again...and not sure what I pressed--all shortcut keys related to playback stopped responding. I was able to use SOME shortcut keys, however, like "select clip under playhead" and "deselect".

A simple "Close Project" and re-open did the trick! Got all my keyboard shortcuts working again...woo-hoo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 22, 2016 Jul 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been happening to me since the update too. My wireless keyboard just stops working in Premiere but I can still click around and do other things, and the keyboard still works everywhere else. Close/reopen does the trick but it's very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2016 Jan 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's ok, just find Keyboard Shortcuts folder and rename your last language version on en_US.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for the help. Your suggestion has finally helped me solve the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens to be a lot every since CC 2017 came out (on a mac as well). So far, the fix for me has been to open up keyboard preferences and 'update' any of the kshortcuts--even if I just set the C key to Razor the way it already was--then hit save and once I've done that the keyboard shortcuts come back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

This is probably just something dumb that I did, but this just happened to me - certain shortcuts like ripple trimming clips (Q and W) weren't working, but I figured out it was because I had Video Track 2 (V2) selected, and not Video Track 1 (V1) where all my clips are. As soon as I selected V1 (so that it highlights blue) it all worked normally again.

I know that's really simple and just a silly thing I did, but hopefully it helps someone who comes to this thread who has done the same thing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're a lifesaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines