• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Large Projects don't work on updated versions !

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a massive documentary which I've been working on for a year now. It's my BIGGEST project of the moment. the issue is, it wont work on the updated versions. I updated to 2017, and the stupid software has to go through the entire MEDIA LOADING bull%$# even though it's done it before. It takes forever and gets stuck ALL THE TIME !!! If you look at this screenshot, it got stuck at the last remaining file - WHY !!!!
Then i have to force quit the software, sometimes the whole computer too, IT IS RETARDED !!! I tried everything, reset NVRAM, Reset premiere preferences, delete all the cache everywhere on the computer. It's a nightmare and stopping professional like us from doing our job.

If anyone has a fix, i'm all hears for no one seems to know how to, i've contacted Adobe, they even took control of my computer to try and fix themselves, no chance. It's a lost cause. You guys will have to take out the PRO in your product's name cause it ain't built for large projects but family holidays films only !!!
I'm furious !

Capture d’écran 2016-11-22 à 08.22.50.png

[Moved from non-technical Forum Lounge to specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

General advice has always been: dont update/upgrade when working on a large project or with a deadline.

Go back finish and start fresh in 2017.

If it get stuck on the last file which it looks like a mp3, remove that and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done that and it finds something else to get stuck on.

Adobe should warn people about that, it's not fair at all. I spent months of editing, and too much money on this software to be screwed over like this. Even the adobe people can't do anything and they're not replying anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

General advice has always been: dont update/upgrade when working on a large project or with a deadline.

Ann's advice is applicable to any software and is standard professional practice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Ann said, Best Practice has always been to finish major projects in the version the were built in.The larger/more complex a project, the greater the likelihood it 'fails' in updating.

If one must update, it seems the most stable process is to create a new project in the newer version, then import the sequences & assets of the old version into the new one. I've done that myself with a couple projects that wouldn't 'update' correctly, and it worked properly.

There is another issue in that the Desktop CC app is designed to default to removing previous versions, which is entirely opposite what their own DVA people say is the best practice. If you know how, you can set the install for the new app so that it doesn't remove the previous versions. But you can't make that "sticky", so you have to remember to do so Every. Freakin'. Release.

An option for you, if you've not done a lot using totally "new" effects, is to use NTown's little app that takes a PrPro Project file, and by changing one (1) character, makes it workable in 2015.2, the last 9.x build. It's about 10 euros, but comes with 10 'free' test uses. You could download & revert the file and see if it works without cost.

PrProBCC - Adobe Premiere CC 2017 Project Converter

It was designed to make SpeedGrade still usable in "Direct Link" mode, and I've used it for that myself. One caveat ... it doesn't typically do too well with AfterEffects comps, so if you've many of those, that can be an issue. You can export a 'full' video file of those from AE and replace the comps with them, that does work ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil, I've re downloaded the 2015.3 version on which it worked fine before it all went to s...
Will see if that does the job.

However, I did to open a new project CC17 and load a sequence, but the Premiere could not launch the direct link to show me the sequences, it got stuck trying to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PrPro's Media Browser, navigate to the folder with the project file, select it, right-click "import", didn't work?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Neil, you seem to be on most discussion hehe. Thanks for helping out. Unfortunately when I try to import the sequences into a new project, the whole thing keeps crashing. The old version of Premiere still works, the version on which i started the project. The new issue now is that I cannot have after effect that's compatible for the Dynamik Link, unless you know which AE works with premiere pro 2015.3 (10.3.0)...
Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's always been an issue in the CC versions  ... figuring out the matching apps.

Vidya Sagar  ... ProDesignTools ... can you help Martin? I don't have the PrPro/AE match list on my phone  ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in your CC app it tells you which version you want.

For the record it 13.8.0 for AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann is right, both Pr 2015.3 (10.3.0) and Ae 2015.3 (13.8.0) came out on June 20, 2016.

If you ever need to, you can find, download and reinstall almost any major or minor (dot) release of any CC desktop tool using this technique:

How to Access, Restore or Update to Any Version of the Adobe CC Apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I am checking with the Document team for a help article related to the Dynamiclink compatible versions. I will post the link as soon the article is published.

R Neil Haugen​ Thank you for marking me in the post.

Thanks,

Vidya Sagar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!

There are ways those of us with some experience do know how to 'find' the compatible versions. However ... those not experienced frequently have difficulty even following the instructions we try to give.

So yes ... a simple document, with the version-trail of linked programs listed together would be an immense help to the user-base!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines