• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest update just installed CRASHES on launch (again). Help?

Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried the last version and INSTANTLY crashed Window with a 0x5 error, never reaches launch screen.

Saw this latest update was supposed to fix the problem, Nope! Same issues, and had to down level again.

Can I get some feedback here? Left same message twice in another thread and got nothing, and now have a project from another person I can't even edit at this point!

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

OK. THIS WORKED!!

Laptop: Dell Precision M6700 | Nvidia Quadro K4000M | SSD Boot Drive | SSD Work Drive | 1 Spinner for storage

I had my IT guy completely format/erase my boot drive, re-install everything from scratch (Windows 10 - was using Windows 7) and my other apps (like Office 2016), did a fresh install of all the CC apps (Audition, PPro, AE, Media Encoder, etc.) and now everything works!

Nothing else suggested here or in any other forums has worked thus far to stop the 0x5 error that PPro, A

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Information on what system you are using are actually needed to give feedback: ASK- Forum Success Guide: Efficiently using the forums

In general: - Update all your drivers, especially from your soundcard and gpu (you can search for driver updates with "driver booster"; but you'd better install them manually otherwise you can get in trouble).

- check "system requirements": Adobe Premiere Pro System Requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GermanTV  wrote

Information on what system you are using are actually needed to give feedback: ASK- Forum Success Guide: Efficiently using the forums 

In general: - Update all your drivers, especially from your soundcard and gpu (you can search for driver updates with "driver booster"; but you'd better install them manually otherwise you can get in trouble).

- check "system requirements": Adobe Premiere Pro System Requirements

Done all these, and the many others offered - my machines are always up-to-date. Vidya Sagar has answered this question, is a bug, and need to disable nVidia card until they fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BasicFilmmaker,

Sorry for the inconvenience. If you are receiving the error: "THE APPLICATION WAS UNABLE TO START CORRECTLY (0xc0000005). CLICK OK TO CLOSE THE APPLICATION" and if the machine is configured with Intel chip set & Nvidia GPU, its a known issue with the Premiere Pro 12.1 version. The issue is under investigation.

The workarounds is to disable Nvidia card.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Vidya+Sagar  wrote

Hi BasicFilmmaker,

Sorry for the inconvenience. If you are receiving the error: "THE APPLICATION WAS UNABLE TO START CORRECTLY (0xc0000005). CLICK OK TO CLOSE THE APPLICATION" and if the machine is configured with Intel chip set & Nvidia GPU, its a known issue with the Premiere Pro 12.1 version. The issue is under investigation.

The workarounds is to disable Nvidia card.

Thanks,

Vidya

As a side note, I again downgraded to 12.0.1 which works. Disabling my nVidia was too much trouble and I lost multiple screens. The project is being redone and I'll upgrade when the bugs (there are more) are fixed and it can be proven this works. Thanks for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BasicFilmmaker,

Thanks for letting us know the status. Sorry for the trouble again.

Vidya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just tried updating PP to 12.1.2, AE 15.1.2, ME 12.1.2 again...and the problem is still not fixed.  I'm still getting the "THE APPLICATION WAS UNABLE TO START CORRECTLY (0xc0000005). CLICK OK TO CLOSE THE APPLICATION" message.  The only way I could get PP to launch again was to revert back to 12.0.  It's been way too long.... ADOBE...DO YOU HAVE AN UPDATE YET TO FIX THIS???  PLEASE!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. THIS WORKED!!

Laptop: Dell Precision M6700 | Nvidia Quadro K4000M | SSD Boot Drive | SSD Work Drive | 1 Spinner for storage

I had my IT guy completely format/erase my boot drive, re-install everything from scratch (Windows 10 - was using Windows 7) and my other apps (like Office 2016), did a fresh install of all the CC apps (Audition, PPro, AE, Media Encoder, etc.) and now everything works!

Nothing else suggested here or in any other forums has worked thus far to stop the 0x5 error that PPro, AE and ME gave me, and although an unusual solution, this did work for me.

Not to be insulting, but backing up all your data files from the boot drive is advisable (I keep all my data files on a separate drive).

Regards,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines