• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest update (v.23.0): lumetri Scopes is veeeeeery slow

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest update (v.23.0): when i change Lumetri color lumetri Scopes indication changes only after veeeeeery long couple seconds. It's super annoying and it slows me down a lot.

MacBook M1

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your media and other effects? On what disc setup?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My media is 4k slow-mo video video from canon r3 and r5. The issue is with no eefects. I just import my media and trying to do color correction.

What is disk setup? There is enough disk space. The total amout is 256 GB SSD. (Mac Book M1 air  Model A2337)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not any explanation there on what the media is, just the camera. Not sadly very useful.

What is the format/codec of that media? And bit depth and bit rate too ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

excuse me, i didn't get notification about your answer. Here is what MPC says about the source video:

Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 4096x2160 25fps 419454kbps [V: English [eng] (h264 high L6.1, yuv420p, 4096x2160, 419454 kb/s)]

I don't use any effects, I just import that media to Premiere and do Lumetri color correction. I mean using color wheels

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That full 4k H.264 is a load. Remember, the computer has to decode between 9 and 30 frames to make the next frame.

Do you have any issues with an intraframe like ProRes or DNx?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, i work only with canon r3 and r5 videos and it is as it is. It wasn't an issue in Previer pro v22. It is in v23. It's the only reason i'm telling here about my problem. After update i have both v22 and v23. I open them simultaneously and v22 works ok and lumetri scopes change instantly. In v23 lumetri scopes freezes for couple seconds

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to add one more thing. If i compile a timelapse from JPG files lumetri scopes doesn't work at all. It indicates nothing. But in v22 it works. THere is no h.264 codec at all in this case

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Post this in excruciating detail on their Premiere Pro UserVoice site. Engineers manually repost all things entered there into their system, flagged for appropriate teams. And no they don't typically respond, as that is meant as an input portal. (Whatever ... )

I've talked with the engineers that do the entry. Their main complaint is most filings don't have anywhere near enough detail. They DID remember mine, however ... with big smiles.

A typical post is "X is broke. Fix it" ... but if X ain't broke on any system they have access to, that was a total waste of time. They need enough data to have a good chance of being able to setup and replicate the problem.

Neil 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does it happen to prores? im guessing premiere is awaiting decode of the h.264 footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, that was why I was asking for codec details. Chris is right, if it is an H.264 long GOP series of clips, the CPU may be needing to decode/compute 20 or more frames to get the next actual frame completed.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be clear. Slow work isn't an issue by it's self. The issue is that new version does the same thing slowly. Everything else is the same. Only the vesrion changes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines