Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lumetri - adjusting one clip affects another

Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lumetri problem:

I copied the color parameters and applied it to several clips, but when I go back to adjust one clip it affects all of the clips that I copied the parameter to even though they are not highlighted. The weird thing is that it only  happens some times. Is that normal? How can that happen? And how can I make it not happen? We are running Premiere 2015.3 on  Mac OS X 10.9.5

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Ok...I think I figured out the problem...apparently there is a bug in Premiere Pro 2015.4 that causes problems when using the Tangent Ripple controller...causing unpredictable changes in the clips. I have had to stop using the Tangent and gone to the mouse... inconvenient and a waste of a lot of time....but at least I think the question is answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way to make that happen is with Master Clip effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response.

Well I looked into my master clip, it has no effect applied, and it only happens sometimes as far as I can tell. So could that be a bug in the system?

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be.  I've never seen that happen on either of my two systems, though.  And I don't recall anyone else posting about the issue.  (Though the memory fades with age.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it anything like this... Lumetri changes my color on its own

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ohanafilms, yes it does sound like a similar problem....especially since it only happens to us sometime, meaning there seems to be no traceable reason for it...it has a random element.  If I can find a solution I will let you know, please do the same. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have updated our OS (we were quite a bit behind) and re-downloaded Premiere Pro. We are in the middle of testing to see if the problem is resolved. Will post results soon.

R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, we updated our OS and re-downloaded Premiere Pro but the problem is NOT resolved....unfortunately this makes it impossible to proceed on our project. Adobe, do you have any ideas? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok...I think I figured out the problem...apparently there is a bug in Premiere Pro 2015.4 that causes problems when using the Tangent Ripple controller...causing unpredictable changes in the clips. I have had to stop using the Tangent and gone to the mouse... inconvenient and a waste of a lot of time....but at least I think the question is answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not the correct answer, at least not to everyone who has this same issue. I am not using PP 2015 nor am I using Tangent but the problem persists. The only way I have been able to fix the issue on our computers is to ONLY make Lumetri changes in adjustment layers. If we do not add Lumetri to the actual clips the problem goes away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks Ohana...I am not sure how to remove the "correct answer" on this thread....and Adobe really needs to fix this color problem...it just makes the whole program useless ....I have had so many other problems with PP I will return to Avid for my next project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having MUCH better luck with PP now that we have switched from Mac to Windows 10. I still live in fear of any PP updates though. Very buggy and scary. We are considering Resolve too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was at least something new to try - but didn't work for me.  I am glad this is not only me with problems using lumetri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It would be useful if you started a new thread (for clarity of issues) listing your difficulties with Lumetri ... and perhaps, we can get this sorted out for you. Would love to give it a try.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines