• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lumetri Color Laging Premier PRO

Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to do anything on Lumetri color, it is just stupid slow. I uninstalled and reinstalled premiere all drives reinstal, turned it to 1/4 playback res, and nothing.
my specs are
I7 13700k
64gb ram
rtx 3080 10g
Video 4k sony fx-30 s-log
on proxy working exacly the same

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The XAVC media in that is probably long-GOP, so it's hard for many systems to play back in an NLE. And I see it also can do 422 10 bit, and ... I don't think that can go through the QuickSync h.264/5 hardware process.

So maybe @RjL190365 could pop in, as they are the resident expert on such things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Co my pc can be not evough powerfull ? but normal playback is easy without droped frames but when i touch lumetri color premier pro freeze for 10sek. I try to rerender media from XAVC to prores  422 (bitrate 100mb/s) nothing change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the problem:

Most flavors of XAVC which encode with 4:2:2 are based on H.264, not HEVC. And no GPU (at least on the Windows side) supports hardware decoding of 4:2:2 H264 at all. So, all of your camera's XAVC footage must be decoded entirely using the CPU (or software only). Unfortunately, even the most powerful of consumer CPUs choke badly at this. This will absolutely require a 128-core or higher-core-count workstation/server CPU that's of the newest CPU architecture, which can cost you a lot more than a new car.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so maybe I should render all files to a different format and then it will solve the situation? If so, for which one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go for probably ProRes422, would be an easy match I would think.

In Avid, still the heavy long-form main NLE (though Premiere is closing in in usage) ... the practice has been to transcode everything to a DNx variant for simple sense of having like to like through the process. Vastly easier on the entire system, and that's an Avid designed format.

I know quite a number of colorists that have typically t-coded all non-RAW media to a 'standard' codec format again for consistent, easy playback while working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And i have much better performence when i disenable cuda acceleration in premier pro when using lumetri color

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can see performence compare on Youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtWSFQA-5MY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did see one thing, though it's a color management not performance thing. That clip you show property of shows Full range, which is wrong. Set the camera to record and write to legal range, which is the standard expected of all Rec.709 YUV (Y-Cb/Cr) media.

This does NOT affect how many levels the file contains, only how they are encoded to file. Both have "255 levels" in 8 bit terms. It's a marketing thing that makes a mess later.

As to your video, that's really odd behavior no question. Which Nvidia driver are you using?

If a game-ready driver, go to the Nvidia driver support page, find and do a clean install of the Studio driver. Gaming drivers cause train wrecks in NLE work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am an video editor and I usually edit recordings that are not my own, so I cannot interfere with the already recorded material. The drivers I have are the latest Nvidia Studio and Premier Pro 2024.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Adamkoo-farm,

Sorry for the problem. Is it happening only with the mentioned media file(& its proxies) or some other files too ? Like if you create a project with Premiere sample media files, does it happen there too?

Can you please share your project files(&media) here https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html so we can try to reproduce the exact scenario at our end. So far we are not seeing this issue on any machine locally.

Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines