core: 2.7 GHz i7

Links to error material:

Dropbox - Adobe lol

Program: Premiere pro CC, latest update

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Hey guys, 10.12.3 just dropped and I think you might want to take a look...

- Resolves graphics issues while encoding Adobe Premiere Pro projects on MacBook Pro with Touch Bar (13- and 15-inch, October 2016).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try switching your Project Settings to using Open CL vs Metal. Fixed my issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its never been switched to Metal , from the beginning Ive worked with OPEN CL. Its doesn't fix the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is extremely dissapointing that support for these graphics cards take so long. The problem for me is not isolated to just Premiere (I have crashes no matter if I use Open CL or Metal). Last night I was  working in After Effects CC and experienced the crash Here is a video... 2016 MacPro AE Crashing - YouTube. It looks exactly the same as in Premiere. Any Adobe program that uses GPU acceleration is vulnerable to these crashes.  We need an ETA for this fix Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are absolutely right. Its time for Adobe to acknowledge this huge bug and let us know what they are doing about it. As I mentioned before, when I called Adobe Germany today, their support apparently didn't even know this problem exists for so many people. I hope Adobe in the US is a couple of steps ahead of their German support team. So yes, if someone from Adobe actually cares enough to read this thread, please give us a heads up on what is going on and how long it will take you to fix this mess

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like Adobe is reading and responding in this thread.  - Re: Graphics Issue on my macbook pro 2016 when using premiere You should post there as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you ! Thats good news ... at least they know about it! Ive already added my complaint to that thread and I encourage everyone with these issues to do the same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mackbook Pro 2015 15"

GPU: AMD Radeon R9 M370X, Intel Iris Pro

CORE: 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7

Hey Everyone, I wanted to note that I noticed that Apple released a Sierra software update on Dec 24th, called the "Pro Video Formats update". I just launched Premiere today and all of my previews windows were all scrambled looking and would not play in the timeline accurately. Tried clearing media cache, restarting to know avail. This was with projects that had both .mxf files and .mov files. So finally I switched the render engine from Metal to Open CL in the Project Settings, and my preview screen is back to fully functioning on playback. I am wondering if there is something going wrong with the Metal Render engine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, this fixed my issue thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've had issues with both Metal and OpenCL as well, although quite different ones. Metal causes graphical glitches like displaying my output in my program monitor in triplicate (wish I had a screen grab, it's very odd lol). And OpenCL seems to cause the full blown crashes/flickering red screen of death.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same issue for me as well.

CPU: 2.9 i7

GPU: Radeon Pro 460

16GB Ram

1TB SSD

My girlfriend has an identical model and is having the same issues as well. Was on the phone for an hour this morning with AppleCare and they took some logs and said they would report back tomorrow. I'll keep you guys posted on their response here.

So far crashes have been really sporadic but I'm already at 3 crashes today even while just viewing video in Premiere. It's happened on render in the past as well. Also, new issue of the day: after a hard shut down (holding the power button down) after a graphics flickering glitch today, I restarted the computer and I noticed a subtle flickering on restart where my computer was still usable, but the display just very subtly flickered, as if it was on a super low refresh rate. This was a new and I've reported to Apple as well. Sent them 4 videos of the issue so far. We'll see what happens. Looks like my projects are at a standstill for now. UGH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. I have nothing special to add except that it is super annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys ! Let's continue to spread our issue... Call the supports, and let's complain. They have to hurry up ! It's absolutely crazy that they didn't even test the RADEON 450 & 460 knowing it would be the MacBook Pro 2016 graphic cards.............

I bought the New Macbook Pro for using Premiere... It's so annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree Sam , we should spread this as wide as possible. It reminds me very much of the situation with CUDA support on the previous Macbooks. There are long threads about it here too, someone from Adobe was taking part in that discussion also promising a fix would come. As a matter of fact it never happened for over two years. Lets not give  Adobe a pass on this one again. Its enough

I also bough the Macbook mostly for pro use of Premiere, After Effects and Media Encoder . A situation like this is unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same issue, bought this machine

MacBook Pro 2016 15"

gpu: Radeon pro 460

core: 2.9 GHz i7

1TB

£3329!!!!!!

planning to teach myself premiere pro after christmas when i got my new Gopro. Just sat down to edit my first video and have had my machine crash on me 4 times in 30 mins with no issues prior to this since I got the machine on 2nd December. Whether its Apple or Adobe thats at fault this needs sorting fast!!!! How is this sort of issue not picked up before release? If anyone is going to use Adobe's software its Apple users!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scubalooba,

Since someone from Adobe is at least responding to this issue on a different thread I wouldn't hesitate to repost your complaint there:  Re: Graphics Issue on my macbook pro 2016 when using premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone I cant be for sure but I think the issue is with AMD processors. I read somewhere that adobe has put out.. a list of safe graphics cards. I have a dell that i bought with an amd graphics card and it was doing the same thing even with audio files editing for my podcast it would just crash and this was a brand new laptop fresh out the box. I have also heard this issue with with graphics cards in laptops! Not sure what to do I think im going to switch to a computer that has Nvidia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scubalooba, exactly the same case for me....

Where are the moderators ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sam there is one guy from Adobe responding sporadically to this thread: Re: Graphics Issue on my macbook pro 2016 when using premiere  So I guess its better to leave any comments concerning this issue there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks for noticing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got my MacBook Pro today (15" 2.7Ghz Radeon Pro 460) and am having exactly the same issue in Premiere, seems to happen specifically while playing video in the timeline. This being my first ever Mac I'm so disappointed... even though this seems to be an Adobe issue I guess I was under the naive impression that these sorts of issues only happened on Windows

Jon (New Zealand)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE!!!!!HELP WITH THIS ISSUE!!! I return my laptop 3 times and it happen everytime never happens when I'm not using adobe premiere pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like Adobe is listening on this thread - Graphics Issue on my macbook pro 2016 when using premiere

Post your experience with screenshots there. This is a huge problem with no end in sight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issues (Premiere pro)

MacBook Pro 15" with TouchBar

Processor: 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 16GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i was going to buy a new mac as well - thanks for all posting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you optioned the Radeon Pro 455 graphics card or just stuck with the single Intel HD Graphics 530? If so, it is not a surprise that Premier Pro is freezing on you. You need the secondary, more expensive, Radeon Pro 455 which is capable of handling Premiere Pro for the program to work properly. Having optioned my 2016 MPB, Touch Bar equipped, with the Radeon Pro 455, I would assume it is a Premiere Pro error for it to be freezing.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines