• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Major Problems with Premiere Pro 13.1.2

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had to stay on Premiere Pro CC 2018 (v12) ever since 2019 version came out. I figured in later updates of v13 it would be fixed but any time I update I have the same issues.

Issues:

- takes over 5 minutes to launch

- repeatedly crashes due to no apparent trigger

- biggest problem is timeline won't play through, and nothing shows up in both the program monitor or the source monitor

Specs:

MacOS Mojave

v 10.14.4

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, four thunderbolt 3 ports)

2.9 GHz Intel Core i5

16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Intel Iris Graphics 550 1536 MB

The reason I need this solved is that I'm running into problem with Motion Graphics in 2018, and after researching, everyone is saying the solution is to just update to 2019. As you can see that is not an option for me, so I'm stuck until I can get this solved.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

As I mentioned in an earlier comment, I was also unable to play any clips, and nothing popped up in my Source or Program monitors either. I just had an online chat with an Adobe IT person and they were able to help fix my issues. Here's what they had me do on my Mac:

"Close the application first.

Go > Go To Folder, Type  ~/library , then in folders , Application Support > Adobe > Common > delete the folders named  Media Cache & Media Cache Files

Then open the application and restore default prefere

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your system can barely run v12. I doubt it will be able to run v13 with those specs. If you are working with 4k, I would be surprised if your Laptop hasn't committed suicide (It looks like it's trying to).

If you are low on budget for a new Macbook, you should consider investing in a good external drive and working with proxies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm.. thanks for the quick feedback. It struggles with even just a single 1080p clip. I’ve got a friend that runs the same system on v13 with no problems. I’d understand if it’s a bit laggy, but it’s not registering anything at all essentially.

I’m not low on budget, so what would you recommend I upgrade to? I prefer laptops because I move around so much. Thanks!

Hudson Hufham

[personal info deleted, forum policy]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think your friend might have a different GPU, or a different storage configuration.

I would stick with a Macbook pro, a 15 inch with a better GPU and an i7 processor.

Storage is very important, you will need an external for media and projects. Only keep OS and Apps on the main SSD.

If you have something you want to purchase, post it here and I can give an advice and what to expect from it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add that I do only use external drives. None of this is stored on my computer.

Hudson Hufham

[Personal information removed by moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe your Drives are filling up or a bit slow. If you can try with a different drive to see if the behaviour changes.

You can try changing the location of the cache folder or instead of updating, try a fresh instal (Remove everything adobe related using CC cleaner)

But, I doubt any of that would help are your CPU and GPU somehow weak, but you can try see if it boosts the performance and take through this wedding season.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also been having problems with

"- biggest problem is timeline won't play through, and nothing shows up in both the program monitor or the source monitor."

I transferred 200+gb of storage to an external hard drive and still hasn't done the trick. It may be the update but I'm not 100% sure. I went through with their customer service chat but didn't get the help I was looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GPU might need updating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would a system update to the computer do that if it’s just the GPU that came with the computer?

Hudson Hufham

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hudson Hufham,

My advice is that about every 5 years, you should plan to buy a new computer, especially on Mac. I think you are at that stage right now, sorry to say.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also had issues running PP 13, and kept thinking it was just a bug. I can't play ANYTHING on the timeline, and nothing displays in my Source or Program monitor.

Version 12.1.2 edits 4k ProRes clips without any issues on my iMac, but version 13.1.2 can't even play HD.

After much reseach, here's my guess:

-PP 12 System requires "Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support"

-PP 13 requires: "Intel® 6thGen or newer CPU – or AMD equivalent"

My late model 2014 iMac uses a 4th Gen i7 Intel processor. My machine meets all the requirements except for the newer processor. I'm guessing that's the issue, but I'm not a software/ hardware expert.

It would be great if an Adobe staff person could confirm that this is the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully you never need to use Motion Graphics on v12 like I do because they no longer work in v12 at all (says “error: not compatible in this version of Premiere). That’s incredibly frustrating that Adobe would create those requirements to run v13 while v12 slowly dies to bug infestation.

The solution I came to for now was to run all graphics through After Effects, but for Premiere users like myself After Effects is certainly much more of a pain. Oh well...

Hudson Hufham

Moderator note: Please stop posting website links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I mentioned in an earlier comment, I was also unable to play any clips, and nothing popped up in my Source or Program monitors either. I just had an online chat with an Adobe IT person and they were able to help fix my issues. Here's what they had me do on my Mac:

"Close the application first.

Go > Go To Folder, Type  ~/library , then in folders , Application Support > Adobe > Common > delete the folders named  Media Cache & Media Cache Files

Then open the application and restore default preference settings and plug-in cache at the same time, hold down Shift-Alt (Windows) or Shift-Option (Mac OS) while the application is starting. Release the Shift-Alt keys or Shift-Option key when the splash screen appears."

I can FINALLY use PP CC 13.1.2, hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Sean+Kenney  wrote

What you were experiencing sounds nothing like a lack of CPU/GPU power, and a lot like software being temperamental.  I'm not surprised at all that Adobe was able to walk you through the steps to address it.

I hope the OP reports back--it certainly seems the suggestion to purchase a new computer was premature...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked! Woohoo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely reach out to our support agents here: Adobe Help Center

I hope they can help you run this system with your current media.

Let us know what happens.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, please help me. Currently no one has reported this issue I'm having. I'm currently using Premiere Pro v12.1 2018, and my project keeps crashing. I've recently updated my Windows 10 and this certainly did not do me any favors. I'll try to copy and paste a clip (audio or video) clip from one timeline to another, and it immediately crashes. My timeline audio will occasionally flicker and once I've dedicated a good 5-10 min average working, as I skip to another previous or succeeding clip, I get an error message saying something about an image buffer error, and will not playback my project clip. This will force me to end task in my Task Manager. I have a job to do, and I cannot be dealing with this on a daily basis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to buy a new computer. Very excited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's awesome! It was however suggested at some point to change the location of you cache folder.

And I still stand by my opinion that you will need to update your laptop. When dealing with large projects and the cache folder start filling up, you might run into the same issue again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always change my cache folder to my fastest external drive that I'm working off of for each project, which is why I wasn't sure what the problem was when trying to switch to PP 13. I thought that maybe the processor was the issue given the new specs it was requiring (although I admit that I'm not a hardware or software expert).

Either way, I'm glad the fix was easy this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines