• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making a simple UI in Premiere Pro using Javascript

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would to make a simple non-modal UI Panel where the user can interact with some javascript code. I started to use the ScriptUI component, but there was a problem with the example SnpCreateDialog.jsx.  I get the error "Window does not have a constructor". What is the preferred method to have buttons, text boxes, and dropdown menus when scripting for Premeiere?

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 31, 2014 Oct 31, 2014

I recommend avoiding Eclipse and Extension Builder entirely; you can also develop directly in PPro's /extensions directory, to avoid any copy step. notepad and Chrome are the way to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We recommend using JavaScript, and HTML5, for panel UIs.

Here are several examples:

Adobe-CEP/Samples · GitHub

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2014 Oct 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's some really good software architecture! Here is my experience starting out with this tech:

I checked out the samples and I was bewildered at first, but then I found a hello world example for Adobe HTML Extensions: A Short Guide to HTML5 Extensions | Adobe Developer Connection. I noticed there is a change in the CEP 5 extension storage location. In the previous version it was %APPDATA%\Adobe\CEPServiceManager4\extensions but now it is %APPDATA%\Adobe\CEP\extensions.

I setup the Eclipse add-on called Extension Builder, but I found that creating a new project was much easier to do manually. I made a batch script that copies my project files from the network to the local extensions folder and then runs Premiere.  I use Notepad++ to edit and Chrome to debug. It seems to be working. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2014 Oct 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I recommend avoiding Eclipse and Extension Builder entirely; you can also develop directly in PPro's /extensions directory, to avoid any copy step. notepad and Chrome are the way to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines