• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Masking, Blending, Tracking Question

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP! I am trying to duplicate the effects found in this MLB video (linked below), where contemporary footage (in color) is blended with vintage footage (black & white). How would I go about putting this together in Premiere Pro? I've tried cutting around with the pen tool and have blended the separate video images but it looks uneven and sloppy given that the figure in the new footage is moving over the old footage. Is there another way to do this or is it as time consuming as I think it is (would prefer to stay in Premiere Pro versus using After Effects btw, but if it's easier in After Effects than that's fine). Check the video - very cool effect but I can't seem to do it!  

https://youtu.be/VLkcHGQzN0s 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do a lot in Pr but this is definitely a job for Ae. Rotoscoping is the way to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I figured, After Effects. The degree of difficulty seemed like it would not work in Pr. Thank you for the help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interestingly in AE with the new content aware fill you might be able to do a lot of the cut-out work letting the AI do the work for you. Roto is going to give you a cleaner image overall always, but if you are in a crunch time-wise you might give it a go and see how well it cuts out your footage, might be surprised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines