• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder taking FOREVER compared to Premiere

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am exporting a simple 20-min lecture clip. When I add it to my queue in AME it takes something ridiculous like 30-40+ hours. If I export it from Premiere, it does not take near that long and is manageable. Same settings, same computer, everything.

It's a big part of my workflow add things to AME queue and keep editing in Premiere. How do I get that functionality back? Currently, Media Encoder is useless for me because it takes so long.

What is happening?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Hi Kevin,

If issue persists after trying the steps stated by R Neil Haugen & Jim Simon, try the following.

In Media Encoder > Preferences > General > Premier Pro > Uncheck "Import sequences natively"

Relaunch Media Encoder, queue the export & test it.

Please let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya Sagar.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think something is screwed up in Media Encoder. A typical first thing to try with this is to uninstall/reinstall, and to get it to work, I'd run the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool to do the uninstall of PrPro/AME, then re-boot and download/install a 'fresh' copy of PrPro.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PP and AME have separate settings for CUDA.  It can be on in one and off in the other.

Check that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

If issue persists after trying the steps stated by R Neil Haugen & Jim Simon, try the following.

In Media Encoder > Preferences > General > Premier Pro > Uncheck "Import sequences natively"

Relaunch Media Encoder, queue the export & test it.

Please let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya Sagar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I HAD the same issue too.  What Vidya suggested worked out for me!  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines