• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Mismach/Media Offline

Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2011 Dec 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help! I just opened a Premiere Pro project after about a month and most of my footage is now offline. When I try to replace or relink it to the original footage I get the Media Mismatch Message which says "The selected file does not contain audio media used by clip references in one or more sequences. The audio clip reference will be deleted, and cannot be undone. Do you want to continue?"

The media does in fact contain adio. What caused this and how can I fix it???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Dec 14, 2011 Dec 14, 2011

And here's the fix:

1. Download MPEG Streamclip, and unzip it--no install needed. The latest beta version is fine.
  2. Open one of the broken files in MPEG Streamclip.
  3. Select File > Save As, and select a new save location. You probably want to keep the file name the same as the original (this is the default).
  4. Hit OK.
  5. Profit!

That's really all there is to it. What MPEG Streamclip is doing is spliting the file open, extracting the video and audio and timecode streams, and then writing them into a new QuickTime

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too. However, I have a ton of files that I'd have to do this too. Hopefully, there will be an update/better solution than to re-encode all my files (which still play outside of Premiere Pro just fine) in a whole new format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found a much better solution than re-coding files (especially when there is nothing wrong with the original files as was my case).

FAQ: MP4, MOV, AVCHD files import without audio in Premiere Pro CC (2015.3) and CC 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried just renaming the folder containing my footage and when I launched Premiere all clips were back online. Didn't even have to locate the new folder - Premiere just took a bit longer to load the project saying "locating"...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey man! Thank you a ton, best answer for the whole problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just had this happen on my me. CC2017 fully up to date.

have 3 projects that are less than 48 hours old. all using footage encoded from AE by media encoder. edited in premier.

This morning have opened the projects to see all the media off line and when I re-link I get the error message about missing audio, but the files are unchanged and perfect!

tried deleting media cahe, still no change.

tried renaming the folder where the footage is located. re-linked a wav file perfectly but then the MP4 files give the error. " The selected file cannot be linked because its type  (video) does not match the original file's type (audio and video)"

but none of the files have been changed in anyway shape or form! all I did was close the project 2 days ago and then re-open it today!.

Come Adobe Whats going? and whats the fix without having to recreate the edit again!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted this earlier in the comments. It's a much better solution. It doesn't require changing anything.

FAQ: MP4, MOV, AVCHD files import without audio in Premiere Pro CC (2015.3) and CC 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's fine, but it should never happen, my project is only 2 days old, nothing has changed in any of the content, its just been sat on the edit suite. So today when I openned the project to make a change its all gone to SH1T! In over 15 years of using Premier and Aftereffects I've never had this issue, file and format management has always been really good.

Also re-wrapping the files would n't solve the issue as I'd still have to re-create the edit on the timeline as Premier will give the same mismatch error as it would still think it is bring in a different file type. even though at the moment it isnt!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I absolutely agree! I was super pissed because ALL of my media was offline. I almost gave up and re-did the whole database until someone showed me that solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whats strange is the fact that the files were encoded using AME high bit rate preset. they were working perfectly in Premier etc.

Today I have issues with the project. the files all play in windows media player, but taking any one of them into a clean premier project, I get video only and no audio!... Hence the issue.

It's frustrating as hell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK so even though I tried the clear media cache route and that didnt work. renaming the cache file did!!

files relocated and linked fine with no errors!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So,

I tried my own way and it worked.

I have a HUGE amount of footage in multiple folders, re-wrapping them is a tedious work...

What I did after I clean caché, reinstall premiere... blablabla.....

I just changed the location of the folder.

Open premiere, I made a new project and imported the old project (the entire project)

And.... Voalá,  it worked!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renaming folder and moving location also worked for me.

Thanks. Project was finished, just had not exported - saved me some heartache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One Of the Solution For this Problem is ( Renaming folder ) For the original Material it will fix the problem without any change of location Files .. Just rename the Folders and reopen your project and enjoy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem today after upgrading to both iOS 10.13 and PremierePro CC 2018. The AVCHD files I had been using are no longer readable by Quicktime OR Premiere, it seems.

I used free software (dowloaded from Apple app store) called "Free AVCHD to MOV" and it worked like a charm. Converted all my files to MOV in a new folder and retained the file names. I just had to relink about 20 clips, which took 3 minutes, and all is good again.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for helping me retain my sanity when I was ready to crawl back in bed and cry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had this problem.  I tried downloading mpeg streamclip but that didn't work for me.  If it doesn't work for anyone else try doing this, you can just rename the folder back if it doesn't work for you but this fixed my problem.

1. Go to %appdata% in your Windows Explorer.
  2. Double click Adobe folder.
  3. Right click Common folder and select rename.
  4. Add a "1" to the end of Common so that it reads "Common1".
  5. Reopen Premier Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to do this on a Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dan - Per my message above - I'm on Mac. I used free software (dowloaded from Apple app store) called "Free AVCHD to MOV" and it worked like a charm. Converted all my files to MOV in a new folder and retained the file names. I just had to relink about 20 clips, which took 3 minutes, and all is good again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines