• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mirrorred video gets cut off

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a video clip of 1080x1920 (9:16 vertical) in a sequence of 1920x1080 (16:9). I am trying to mirror the video clip to fill the frame, but the mirrored effect is cut off.

I thought it had something to do with the anchor point, but no effect when I moved it around. 

Posting some screenshots here to see if anyone knows what I'm doing wrong. Thanks!

Screenshot 2023-04-25 210748.png

 

 

Screenshot 2023-04-25 210837.png 

Screenshot 2023-04-25 210853.png 

No other layer is in play apart from the one video clip I am trying to mirror.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Yeah, though it doesn't fix the issue in this scenario, as that's what I tried first.

Personally I'd double up the clip on the timeline and scale one of them -100% in X for full control...but thats just me doing it the long way.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying right clicking on your clip in the sequence and choose 'Scale to Frame size'. Then use the Scale and position parameters in the Effect Controls panel to fill your frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Set to frame size" might yield better quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, though it doesn't fix the issue in this scenario, as that's what I tried first.

Personally I'd double up the clip on the timeline and scale one of them -100% in X for full control...but thats just me doing it the long way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes doubling the clip and flip horizontally is a quick way to mirror, but only if you intend to mirror from the edge of the clip. As soon as you want to mirror from within the clip (E.g. 100px from edge) then it starts to get figety as you'll need to crop etc. But yes, this is how I worked around the issue. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some effects won't work properly if the clip properties don't match the sequence settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I hope this ceases to be an issue in the near future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines