Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(MOGRT) Motion Graphics template not installing

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am unable to install a mogrt file in Premiere Pro.... The error is "The Motion Graphics template cannot be installed"....
Screenshot 2022-08-02 at 10.31.48 PM.png
Could anyone please help regarding this issue?

Thanks

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Santhosh98,

Sorry about the issue. Which version of Premiere Pro are you currently using? Are you having this problem with a specific .mogrt file or all .mogrt files? Could you go to the motion graphic template directory, paste the .mogrt file, and see if you can open it in Premiere? Also, please share your system specifications (OS, OS version, CPU, GPU, RAM).

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thanks for the reply! My Premiere Pro version is 22.5.0. I am facing this problem with all .mogrt files whenever I try to install a mogrt file.... 

My system specs are as follows - 

Device: Macbook pro 16 (2019)

GPU: AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB

CPU: 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

RAM: 32 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the info. Were you able to install the templates manually using the steps I mentioned in the previous comment? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, have tried it just now, when I copy the .mogrt file to the folder path then the .mogrt appears in the Essential Graphics panel.... otherwise the .mogrt file isn't installing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Santhosh98,

Sorry. Try opening the .mogrt in a current After Effects version and save it. Then try importing it via the standard installation process. Does it work now?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, 

Nope, Premiere gives the same error even when that is done...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Santhosh98,

Sorry about that. Is it possible that you are having permissions issues with your hard drive? Have you checked out System Preferences > Security & Privacy settings? See that Premiere Pro has full access to the Mac HD.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

yes Premiere pro has full disk access to the Mac's SSD.... yet the problem still remains.... Screenshot 2022-08-07 at 9.49.33 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, that's too bad. Sorry. Let me ask the product team for any ideas. I'll let you know what I find out. For sure, they'll want the mogrt to test. Can you upload it to Creative Cloud, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.? Hope to hear back from you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe,

Was this issue resolved?? Because I've been getting the same error throughout today and the issue perssits no matter what method I used and it's becoming frustrating. 

Thanks,

I'm running the latest Premier Pro and After effects on my Mac:

macOS Monterey
Version 12.5
MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2019)
Processor 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
Memory 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Startup Disk Macintosh HD
Graphics Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KLTUP22,

Sorry about that. Can you upload the .mogrt so I can inspect it?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I dod that? I mean...I can't even upload the .mogrt file via the upload feature in this thread because it doesn't support zip or mogrt files 👀. Even if the file size is 50kb. I also tried replying back to the email, only to recieve a bounce back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KLTUP22,

Sorry for the issue. You can share a file on Creative Cloud: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html

I hope I can help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry guys, but there is no option to upload mogrt files to the creative cloud via the steps you provided. This process is getting a little frustrating, sending a file to you should be this difficult 😂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry KLTUP22, 

I hope I can help you share the .mogrt. I have shared .mogrt files via Creative Cloud before. 

As I recall, you need to save the .mogrt to the desktop, then upload it to the Creative Cloud site. Then, you get a shareable link you can use with the instructions from the web page I linked you to. Feel free to PM me the link.

You can also use Dropbox. That would work, as well.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Here is the drop box link for the mogrt file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/izjuand2set167a/it-OLV_SS_Endcard_16-9.mogrt?dl=0

Best,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This .mogrt is corrupt. Sorry about that, KLTUP22. I found this thread, and the artist found their problem was related to hard drive naming paths corrupting their files: https://www.reddit.com/r/AfterEffects/comments/m3o8ts/possible_solution_error_file_is_damaged_337/

If you are on Mac and using iCloud drive, consider taking that out of the chain, then resave the file.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

unfortunately the issue doesn't end there. When exporting mogrts via AE, the process is stuck on the 'copy files' process. Nothing exports, nothing is created from the process (Except my back log of work due to Adobe's bugs 👀)

All files are on the local hard drive and not on icloud. Do you have a fix for this??  

I found another thread where another user is having the same issue: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/ae-crashes-on-copy-files-during-export-mogr...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I'm having this same issue with .mogrt files – Premiere (v22.5.0 Build 62) doesn't read them at all and AE (v22.5.0 Build 53) says they're damaged (33 :: 7). The .mogrt files I'm using are files that worked fine for me in the past. As they're company files, I can't upload them here.

The issue began when I switched to a new computer (Macbook Pro 15 in. 2019) last week and fresh installed Premiere and AE. I've given Full Disk Access to both applications, including Media Encoder.

My coworker & I have done a lot of troubleshooting and found something interesting–
When going to Library > Application Support > Adobe > Common on his computer (where .mogrt files still work), he has a Motion Graphics Templates folder with all of the Adobe .mogrt sample files. My computer doesn't have this folder at all, and only has a Plug-ins folder within the Common folder. And the templates don't seem to exist anywhere else.

In troubleshooting, we created a Motion Graphics Templates folder in my Common folder, dragged our .mogrt files in there, but Premiere still can't read them. I've restarted and fresh installed yet problem persists.

At this point, we are wondering if this is an issue with the latest Premiere update? Any help is appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, I meant Macbook Pro 16 in* (2019)

Other specs:

2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7

16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4 GB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines