• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

More cuts, More lags

Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2024 Jun 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Issue - A short description of the problem. 

I can't have more than 50 cuts on a timeline or it starts lagging.

So much that I have to wait 3 secs when I want to extend a clip.

• Adobe Premiere Pro version number: 24.4.1

• Operating system - Windows

• System Info: CPU, GPU, RAM, HD:
    • CPU : Intel i9 12900KS

• GPU and Driver Version : RTX 4080 Super, Studio Driver 555.85

• RAM : 128 Gb Corsair DDR5 5600 Mhz

• Hard Drive  : 4 SSD Samsung Evo 870 (Total of 12 Tb)

• Video format: Pro Res 422 LT only
  • Workflow details: Simple facecam sequence, no effects, nothing added
  • Steps to reproduce - Just cutting the footage
  • Expected result - Well, not lagging maybe ?
  • Actual result -  Lag so much than I can't even move clips at a moment, I have to split (nest) everything into 5 mins parts

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akai 2.2.5,

We're sorry about the poor experience. Does this happen with any specific media type or in a specific project? Also, we're investigating another issue with Studio driver v555.85. For testing purposes, would you mind installing a Studio driver prior to version 555.85 to check if it's working properly?

Note: Moved to the Discussions tab to continue troubleshooting. 

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Sumeet Kumar Choubey , I have now the Nvidia studio driver 555.99, it's better but not optimal. And I can confirm that there is a big problem of stability with the studio driver 555.85 because it was a lot more laggy when I was editing with it even on 10 mins sequences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for attaching your project file - it's so much easier to troubleshoot issues when I have the actual project to look at!

Opening your project on my system with media offline, I can see the lag you're talking about.

Premiere will get laggier with more cuts and longer sequences, especially with things like ripple edits. Your sequence is about 45 minutes long with 1200 cuts, and you're editing a nested sequence that is over an hour long. All of this is adding up and causing the lag.

I recommend breaking your sequence into 10-minute reels. You can easily break your current sequence into smaller sequences by marking in/outs and selecting Sequence > Make Subsequence. When you're finished editing, combine everything together in a master sequence either by nesting those sequences or pasting their clips.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @PaulMurphy 

Thanks for your solution, finally someone with a good idea, which works.

Do you know how can I manage sound design like this ?

When I have 13-15 alternatives sequences in one timeline, and I have to do sound design, the lag comes back when I edit the whole timeline but not in each alternative sequence. 

And when I have to put music on the whole video, having 10-15 audio tracks, makes the lag return.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad the solution worked for you!

For managing sound design and music, I recommend doing this work in each individual reel to minimize lag. If possible, divide your sequence into reels based on when you need to change music tracks.

Cheers,
Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the tips, it works perfectly fine like that !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines