• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Morph Cut causing Premiere Pro 2024 to crash every time. Help!

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2024 Jan 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using the Morph Cut effect in my edits in Premiere Pro for years, with no real problems.

Since I installed Premiere Pro 2024 (24.1), every time I bring a morph cut to a sequence, the program crashes. I've tried multiple different ways, like creating a completely new sequence and pasting the shots there and then using morph cut, and nothing works.

I've decided to roll back to Premiere 2023 for now. I even tried using the latest Beta version, and it still crashes.

Does anyone have a solution?

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Ok I just retried Beta and it appears to be working. For now. I used it a few months ago when this all started and it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 116 Replies 116
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on with support now. First, this is a known issue and they are working to have it fixed in the next release.

I was asked to download beta 24.3 and test, but had the same result: Instant crash with morph cut.

I was asked to rollback to 24.0, but declined because I cannot delete the current version and settings.

I was given a link to download 24.0 that will simultaneously install, and gave it a go. SUCCESS

(Mod note: Link from support is removed. Please do not share this link, it is for your use only).

I'm not sure how simultaneous the install was as 24.3 seems gone, but everything seems to be working.

I was asked not to update the app until the next release.

Hope that helps someone.

Cheers,

Charlie

Mod note: Edited for content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for your post, would you know where to get a link to download version 24.0 please?

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arthur, I posted it above, but it was removed by moderators. I received it by simply chatting with adobe support and describing the problem. They were very quick to provide the download. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I actually realised previous versions could actually be installed straight from Creative Cloud. 24.0 fixed the issue thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, did this solve the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here since updating to Premiere 2024.
iMac 2020
3,8 GHz Intel Core i7 8 cœurs
AMD Radeon Pro 5700 8 Go
32 Go 2667 MHz DDR4
Sonoma 14,2,1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my above reply to myself for what worked for me. Hopefully it works for you too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having morph cut issues and I'm using the latest Premiere Pro (24.2.1). I'm working with ORIGINAL clips in a sequence, applying morph cut & I'm getting "Failure: can't access clips" (see screenshot). I'm on a MacbookPro 2021 M1, Sonoma 14.3.1. Someone, please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2024 Mar 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a workaround by opening the previously saved same project and deleting that proj.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Intel i7 mac- but it crashes everytime no matter what.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here - on pc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue adding Morph Cut to my timeline after Premiere Pro 24.

Screenshot 2024-02-02 at 12.15.25.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carlos, see my above reply to myself for what worked for me. Hopefully it works for you too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't download Premiere Beta 24. Mine version is 24.3

Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 11.09.34.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2024 Feb 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem. Rolled back to 24.0.3 (in Creative Cloud, select the three dots under Premiere in Apps, other versions, install 24.0.3) and problem gone. 24.1 is bugged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't download Premiere Beta 24. Mine version is 24.3Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 11.09.34.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't using the beta, just the regular app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. This has rendered Premiere useless. Morph cuts are unusable unless you want an instant crash and continual crashes upon reopening the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Morph cut done crashed my system as well. Lost days of work. What say you adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you take all your footage offline (moving it to a different folder, or disconnecting the drive), you can open the project fine, delete the morph cuts, then save, so you won't lose your latest cut. Downgrading to Premiere 24 will fix the morph cut issue also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've downgraded and I'm following this thread to find out if it's fixed in a future update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

It's silly that I have to keep an eye on these threads to inform the workflow decisions at my company. Adobe really needs to focus more heavilly on QA before they release products if they want to maintain their professional userbase.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue here with iMac 5k 2020 8 core i7 64gb ram. The only way to fix it is to quicly delete the morph cut transition as soon as the project reopens and never use it again. Adobe you have to fix this, it's not our computer/video card/os/drivers/firmware/ram/type of sure used in our coffee the issue here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, I applied the morph cut and it caused my Premiere Pro to crash. Resetting settings and installing the latest update didn't fix it, I restarted my laptop a couple times as well, nothing.  I was on the latest Premiere Pro version 24.2.1. I read this thread and went to creative cloud app and backed up to version 24.0.3 and that fixed my issue with Morph cut. Prior to that PP was running really well with no issues. Here are my computer specs for my 2018 Macbook Pro:

Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 9.51.48 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, when can we realistically expect a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines