• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.Mov files in CC : The File Has no Audio or Video Streams

Participant ,
Sep 14, 2013 Sep 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated premier to CC , since i have issues iimporting any .mov files at all.

The specific ones Im trying for my current project are exports from AE , rendered lossless animation .mov , worked fine in CS6 , will play in quicktime and other generic's but always getting the The FIle Has no Audio or Video Streams message when trying to import into a project.

Quicktime is updated so I can't understand why the won't play, is this a CC bug ?

i go back to cs6 on my other comp they open fine...

Ive seen a few topics on this none with a resolution and most of those where from cam's, this is an export from AE, anyone able to help this is stopping me from working atm ......

troy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Sep 27, 2013 Sep 27, 2013

I'd tried that, didn't work for me, I think it was a clash with sorreson for me, I reinstalled is and all progs apart from squeeze and have no issues now, when I've got time to do a recovery point and test it out i will, right now got to much work to spend time on it

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2015 Jun 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a .mov file - with no audio - on a timeline for a few days then I re-opened the project and the clip was showing as off-line. Tried to re-link it but got the message: The File Has no Audio or Video Streams - tried everything, then decided to try re-naming the file - changed .mov to .mp4 - voila! it worked! Worth a try.... ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if it has anything to do with Adobe getting rid of the .mov H.264 codec completely from after effects, rendering all linked files of that nature unreadable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has any one fixed the problem I tried everything installed old QuickTime player still no.

Adobe told me to

- Check the media cache location under Preferences > Media Cache
- Then navigate to that location via Windows Explorer
- Quit Premiere Pro
- Delete all the files from these folders: Media Cache Files, Media Cache, Peak Files and PTX
- Relaunch Premiere and create a new project
- Import the MOV files

Still no luck its starting to get on my last nerve.

I contacted Adobe again to say the method they told me did not work but still no reply. I think they themselves don't know what's the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I had that problem long ago, and the only solution I had was as follows:

I think the solution is very simple, I made the Premiere Update for this year, then when I tried to open a project made in the previous version Premiere transfer all those files to the new version, at that point is when my .mov files went offline so what I did was close Premiere, restart the computer, reopen Premiere, then open the project that was converted and problem solved, all my .mov files are online again, so in my opinion, it's like when many softwares have updates you need to restart the computer to make the updates work. It works for me, hope that can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's yet another possible solution (the file rename didn't work for me). I happened to install QuickTime Pro (7.7.6) so I could add an audio track to a video-only .mov as suggested above. After the install and before I added any audio, the problem was resolved. I could see the .mov previews correctly in the AP Media Browser (they were just icons before that) - and they imported just fine.

Might work for someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2015 Jul 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude that was genius! Worked perfectly for me! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue, what I did was import the video file into a Adobe Audition and then export it back into Premiere with Dynamic link that worked quite good for me, at least while I find a final solution to this bug.

Greetings!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having same issue, PP 2015 CC will not recognize mov animation file, it is an intermittent issue because it worked before and now it's telling me there is no audio or video stream.  So far I see no fix, never had this issue with CS6.  Adobe:  I don't understand why you update somethings in CC but lose certain functionality, like this?  If it's not broke, don't fix it....well, in this case you break it. Can you please create a patch for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2015 Aug 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric, struggling with this problem for a week already to no apparent result. Let me know if you find a solution.

I tried installing older versions of QuickTime, reinstalling Adobe, uninstalling lots of video programs (such as K Lite Codec Pack etc). I upgraded Premiere 2014 CC to 2015 CC which made some good - as Premiere 2014 didnt even start, hanging on some ExporterQuickTimeHost.prm forever and than terminating. Now it steps for a while on loading this prm file on start, but then proceeds. I guess Premiere 2015 sees the same error but just skips, and cannot work with QuickTime after that. I've read lots about this bug being connected to other software blocking Premiere's TCP communication to QuickTime but cannot find where it can be broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2015 Nov 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My solution was to not occupy the ANIMATION codec and use ProRes 4444 codec with alpha channel. A visually lossless format that allows up to 12 bit per channel and 16 bit image for the alpha channel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2015 Sep 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the latest update to PP CC 2015, and the next day, all my AE imports were offline. Tried relinking and got the same "no video or audio streams" error everyone else is having. They were exported with the Animation codec with lossless and lossless with alpha preset. When I re-exported the clips as ProRes 422, voila! They imported perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2015 Sep 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a follow-up. My issue seemed to be resolved after restarting my MacPro. The remaining offline clips in my sequence could be relinked after the reboot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2015 Sep 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and resolved it with installing earlier version of Quicktime. it seems that the problem started when iTunes updated itself and updated the quicktime with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2015 Oct 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe>Common>Media Cache Files

Adobe>Common>PTX

^delete those two folders...everything should reconnect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2015 Oct 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me!  I didn't have the PTX folder, but deleting over 10,000 files from the media cache did the trick.

I had older .mov files with alpha that just didn't load up - they relinked just fine.  I tried to import new .mov files with alpha without success - after deleting the media cache they loaded as well.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot locate these folders on Mac Yosemite - Is this Windows exclusive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2016 Jan 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting the Cache files worked! Such an easy fix! Thanks a ton!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2016 Feb 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the solution is very simple, I made the Premiere Update for this year, then when I tried to open a project made in the previous version Premiere transfer all those files to the new version, at that point is when my .mov files went offline so what I did was close Premiere, restart the computer, reopen Premiere, then open the project that was converted and problem solved, all my .mov files are online again, so in my opinion, it's like when many softwares have updates you need to restart the computer to make the updates work. It works for me, hope that can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 03, 2016 Feb 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the solution to uninstall and reinstall Quicktime 7? Or is it to install an older version of Quicktime? If so, what version?

The link for "oldapps.com" gave me a warning that the site contained malicious software downloads.

Can someone provide a link to download the correct old version of Quicktime?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 04, 2016 Feb 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled and reinstalled Quicktime, which resolved the issue temporarily. The footage was imported and working well until I closed and reopened the project. Seemingly at random, the footage went offline and is delivering the error code.

I'm not sure how this could be an intermittent problem when no hardware/software variables have changed. Any input would be very much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 04, 2016 Feb 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: My Desktop running version 9.1.0 (174) build, is able to load the same project without issue. Though it does disconnect the media each time I close and reopen the project. The same Quicktime files won't load 9 out of 10 times I open the project on my laptop running 9.1.0 (174) or 9.2.0 (41).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2016 Mar 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Adobe Media Encoder. Add your MOV. Set format to QuickTime. Media Encoder adds an audio stream by default. Click encode. Now try.

The problem was that Premiere Pro seems to be confused about whether the file has an audio stream. If it doesn't, then it seems to assume that it doesn't have a video stream either and throws the error. Ensuring that the MOV has both a video and audio stream fixes the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2016 Mar 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just had this same error and I found that emptying the Cache and restarting Premiere worked.

To empty cache in Apple's OSX:

Open up Premiere

Click on the top left Premiere Pre CC drop down heading

Hover over Preferences

Click on Media

In the Media Cache Database box, click Clean

Wait for that to do its business, close Premiere and open it up again and you should be able to import those files.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to confirm that for me, clearing the Media Cache and restarting Premiere Pro worked. I managed to re-link the videos in bulk after doing so. For individual videos that become unlinked, renaming the file works as well, and doesn't require you to restart the program.

I definitely advise people to try to clear their Media Cache first, as Apple announced that they are deprecating QuickTime for being potentially vulnerable to malware. Only try installing QuickTime if it doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2016 May 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, nice and simple. Windows machine. Change .mov to .mp4. Worked perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines