• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.mts audio out of sync with video. Please fix. resume support for dolby files.

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after updating cc to the latest, my project with .mts video files (Panasonic AVCHD files), the audio is no longer in sync with the video. I have already tried clearing the cache files, .pek files, and .cfa files. completely out of sync. In addition, i tried rendering a short clip and that is out of sync. This is a major problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 20, 2024 May 20, 2024

Hello @AlanaTreppler,

Thanks for your message. The issue has to do with the AC3 audio format used in AVCHD recordings. It is obsolete.

Please see user @RjL190365's response here.

Since version 2017.1.4, Adobe no longer included an AC3 decoder or encoder due to Dolby Laboratories' increasingly restrictive licensing rules.

So, on MacOS newer versions of Premiere Pro now no longer support AC3 audio at all without the installation of a third-party audio plugin.

The Dolby suite for MacOS has

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my issue. I hope this is some operational oversight on my part, but the the import process has been without issue until now. I am working in 2017 until I can get an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Camera: Sony NX5r. Usually the first 30 minutes (the first file) is fine. Starting with the second and on, when imported into Premiere cc 2018, the audio will go out of sync. These files while out of sync when editing, is insync when viewing in a media viewer. Same file will be perfectly synchronized if imported in to Premiere 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. I just upgraded and I notice that the missing dolby audio decoder is need to hear the audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same issue with .mts files (Pansonic AVCHD). We have tried the suggested fixes here and in the Adobe forum, without resolve. What is the status on the fix by Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I continue to have the same problem and need a workaround or and answer. AVCHD files will not play back in sync. PPPro 2018 CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like the best option is to use Media Encoder to transcode the MTS files into MOV files. I'm not happy about it since it makes the file size so much bigger but it seems to work and is pretty easy and quick to do. I did a lot of searching online yesterday and this was the method that most people used. BUT Adobe get your act together MANY of us use camera's that shoot in AVCHD we need this expensive software to work with one of the most common files types. It would be like Photoshop not working well with JPGs. FIX THIS and ***** the mobile versions of your software!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone having problems with import audio sync issues with adobe premiere cc 2018, I have found solution that works great. I was having problems keeping my .ts and .m2ts with ac3 5.1 audio captures in sync when importing into adobe premiere. Luckily premiere cc now actually supports the .mkv format and it works flawlessly. Simply put your files into an .mkv container and re import into premiere, the result is a perfectly synced import. Unlike handbrake, this method requires no conversion or loss of quality and is quick to do. To do this, download the free program mkvmerge and drag you files into the program and mux it into a .mkv container. Import the .mkv file into premiere and all is good. Keep in mind this only works with the latest versions of adobe premiere cc 2018. Hope this helps someone until adobe fixes the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surely we don't need to do a work around every time we need to import mts footage!
It was all OK in Prem Pro 2017. Cant Adobe simply fix the problem in Prem Pro 2018!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem but Kevin Monahan Adobe Staff wrote in a his post dated May 23, 2018 10:21 AM
"FWIW, I tested a couple of files and noted that the standalone .MTS file was out of sync on playback. The file that was brought into the project by first copying the entire PRIVATE folder to the media drive, and then importing via Media Browser was not out of sync."
So is this the answer or have I missed something?
Furthermore, I do not want to empty my media caches as suggested by some because it slows reloads down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue with files from A Panasonic AG-HMC150 AVCCAM Camcorder. This was not an issue with PP 2017 but started in PP 2018 and continues in PP 2019. I would like to take advantage of new features but I am stuck with PP 2017 until this issue is resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. I am ready to pull my hair out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do we have an update? I use MTS files and have tried everything but still out of sync. Please advise update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's not just MTS, I have the same issue with Canon as well, this is such ****, I am already a day late on 3 videos because I cannot find a work around for the audio being out of sync - lame adobe, real lame

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, I built a new PC with i9 CPU and clean install of Win10 and Premiere Pro CC so I could sync faster... I work with 8 cameras on live shoots, 7 are Sony, 1 is Canon DSLR. The Sony footage is all out of sync with the video after the first 16min clip break on every cam, and some cams first files say there's no audio at all, even though there is audio and it shows up on my 2nd work computer with Win7 and CS6... HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT and I have to buckle down with editing my backlog of projects in CS6 just to sync it all properly. I bought a full year of Premiere CC, only to run into this problem, the biggest problem for me in 15 years of editing with Adobe. Seriously looking for alternatives now if this isn't fixed... I can't so easily replace thousands of dollars worth of video cameras for other brands that Adobe will play well with. It wasn't a problem in the past, and now my upgrade to a new system is almost the exact opposite, a downgrade since I can't go frame by frame to match up audio that isn't lined up with the video anymore!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem, tried many things: updated Adobe, cleared cache, was on the phone with Adobe custumer service for hours jumping hoops and the best sollution they had was converting the footage in Handbrake !!!???
In Quicktime the footage is sync, in all Adobe softwares it is not. I've been manually making the footage sync (by unsyncing it in premiere) this is unacceptable!!!
The first file is sync and from the second one on that has been recorded sequentially it goes a few frames off, Please fix!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mod note: Edited for content. Please do not link to tutorials showing how to install illegally downloaded software. This is against Adobe Community Guidelines (and common sense).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should not have an issue with this if you a) update to the latest WIN10 and High Sierra or better on Mac. b) ingest compact flash card disc based footage properly, that is, by copying the entire contents of your CF card to your hard drive, then importing the footage via the Media Browser.

Many editors have no idea you need to ingest CF based footage differently now. Simple importing had worked in the past, but there was also different support for Dolby decoding in previous packages. We no longer have that luxury. If you don't see this issue vanish by ingesting properly, post on forums, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2024 May 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @FeedbackCommunityMember,

You wrote:

You should not have an issue with this if you a) update to the latest WIN10 and High Sierra or better on Mac. b) ingest compact flash card disc based footage properly, that is, by copying the entire contents of your CF card to your hard drive, then importing the footage via the Media Browser. 

Correct. I believe you are quoting a comment I made on a YouTube Comment.

Many editors have no idea you need to ingest CF based footage differently now. Simple importing had worked in the past, but there was also different support for Dolby decoding in previous packages. We no longer have that luxury. If you don't see this issue vanish by ingesting properly, post on forums, please.

I'm sorry that some editors don't read the user guide on this topic. This has always been the method for importing card-based media. See Transfer assets from card-based media.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2024 May 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Point of clarification . ? When u say CF cards, you also mean SD cards ? Thank u 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mod note: Edited for content. Please do not link to tutorials showing how to install illegally downloaded software. This is against Adobe Community Guidelines (and common sense).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over a year since this thread started and this is STILL an issue. I'm on the latest version of Premiere and Windows 10. I have project from 2014 where I directly imported .MTS files shot on a Sony FS-100. Had no issue during the editing. The powers that be want me to bring back this 30 minute mini-doc and make changes. Now, any interview clip that spans an automatic file break (17 minutes) is out of sync. I have tried everything mentioned here and nothing works. Going to try encoding the original files in Handbrake to H.264 and if that does not work then just going to realign all the clips by hand... HOURS of work. SO. FRUSTRATED. Come on Adobe.

I love how people on the forums tell you to post here and people here tell you to post on the forums. Hahahahaha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been years since I've had to use AVCHD in PR and don't remember ever having trouble with it; however, there is definitely something wrong with how CC2019 processes the data. Using Final Cut Pro X to generate Apple ProRes422 (LT) allowed me to work with the footage as expected, but neither Premiere Pro nor Media Encode would play the original files nor transcoded files in sync. All I can say is "Yikes!".

Just re-read the post from Kevin about updating to High Sierra. I'll give that a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am dealing with a chat support agent who has done a really good job getting me to this page.

I have Panny footage shot years ago that doesn't sync in PP. It does sync with BMD Resolve. This is a bug that needs to be resiolved, or all projects shot between 2010 and 2014 will require me to switch to DaVinci.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines