Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multicam Editing in Premiere CC Issue

Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded th trial version in Premiere CC and try to edit a multicam project edit about 30 min of footage saved it and close Premiere CC after reopen each cut made on timeline start with the begining of video so like i had 3 cameras and all of them start recording on diferent time i got like black image all over and sometime when i had switched to the camer x what start recording 1st is showing the image

........ any help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 01, 2013 Jul 01, 2013

The fix for this bug has been cleared. It will be in a patch that’s nearly ready for release. I’m not at liberty to talk about when exactly the patch will go live, but it will not be until after we return from the company-wide shutdown this week. This fix not only produces correct multicam sequences but also redeems those corrupted by the bug.

I traced the issue back to the exact build when it was introduced, which dated to just weeks before the end of the cycle. It was not discovered until liter

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 225 Replies 225
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2013 Jun 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uuugh im having the same issue.... honestly... Adobe.... fix it tomorrow, im going to bed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2013 Jul 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same issue. This is completely terrifying, as I just edited six 1 hour videos with four cameras. They all don't line up, black video has replaced actual content.

How is Adobe not testing releases further. Multicam is COMPLETELY broken? Why even list "improved multicam" as a feature? More like NO multicam.

If I can't get these timelines fixed, I just lost three days of editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Luke, Mark Mapes said the fix will likely be out next week. They have been aware of the issue since before launch. Everyone is out on vacation so unless you can't wake a week or more before continuing work on your project... I suggest editing it in Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 (Bundled with Creative Cloud) or any other professional editing application that is not in beta. The Creative Cloud releases are just not ready for production.

Sorry about your loss.

Link to the current Adobe statement.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5465672#5465672

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

A fix will be out, I did see that mentioned- but will my timelines be fixed or are they lost forever?

Definitely switching back to CS6 (which I own anyway) for new projects, but I'd hate to start over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, read his post again, and it seems like he's saying it "fixes" the corruption? I can definitely wait!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I can definitely wait!" 

I wish I could have waited. I had to delay a delivery date on a project by a few days and it has hurt my relationship with a reaccuring client.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exsiting timelines will be fixed with the patch.

If you can't wait for the patch I suggest going into the sequence that the MC is based off of and exporting to XML or another format to then import into CS6 that you already are comfortable with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2013 Jul 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I can stop throwing things now that I know Multicam in CC7 is jacked up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2013 Jul 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let us know when the patch will be finally available!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm now having the problem too...

Just one MC sequence in a project that's got 4, other 3 are ok.

I was able to use the solution provided, overlap and cut...

I hope Adobe staff is having great holidays while I'm stuck in my busiest time of the year!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surprised that there wasn't a release today, given the severity of the bug. Pretty disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, someone else said an update was supposed to be coming out today. 

Can someone please give us a timeline on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just another one who has been stung by this. Three days of work. 160 min timeline. Deadline this afternoon. No hair left to pull out...

If anyone finds a quicker way of fixing an infested project than the one la_diamond has suggested, let us know. For now I guess I will have to embark down that route. ...and re-install FCP 7 when I am done...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on Adobe!  Let's get it done! 

If the solution is out let's see it.  Every day this cost us hundreds!  Your credibility is going down the toilet. 

Sure you have a nice product but how can we use Premiere for professional work if we can't trust you or your software.  You have got to be loosing thousands of customers over this.  I am so disappointed. 

At least send us an email so we know what to expect.  It's not like you don't haver our addresses!  Are we waiting days, weeks, months?

Please communicate with your customers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bugs are understandable. Not alerting us as soon as you know? Going out on vacation when you have the fix ready? Not updating us along the way? None of this is acceptable.

MANY OF US ARE STUCK! You've told us the fix is ready and that is will correct damaged timelines. We're professionally stranded as we wait for you to tell us what the heck's going on!

Sincerely, your loyal customer for 20 solid years...now stunned at being ignored so completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look on page 2 of this thread, I found a very fast way to use keyboard shortcuts to re-edit the multi-cam using la-diamond's suggestion.

I was able to get through 15 minutes worth of footage in about 2 minutes that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump - come on where is the fix (that apparently has already been approved?), I'm stuck in the middle of a project that I want to get on with...

(Really haven't got the desire to mess about with workarounds if a fix is imminent - is it?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the multicam fix is being held off to roll into a patch with more fixes I wouldn't be surprised if it were another week or so. Adobe hopefully will change their ways and not hold off on fixes just to bundle it with more weeks upon weeks later. If I were you I'd expect another couple weeks, that way if it's sooner, you'll be pleasantly surprised. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DMH79, while I share the sentiments (and losses) of everyone on this thread, I have to disagree.  Having worked many years in software development, I fully understand their reasons for "rolling it into a larger patch".  In code, almost any time something gets fixed, something else gets broken (well, with poorly written software, this happens even moreso).  It's a constant iteration of finding the bugs, fixing them, testing all other parts of the program to see what may have been broken in this iteration and then do it all again tomorrow.  Only when enough of the program is stable should patches be released.

I'm pretty upset that all of this has happened—don't get me wrong.  But the last thing you want is for a "quick fix" to come in an break something as basic as "Import Footage" (just a (bad) example). 

Like many others here, I think the only thing Adobe is screwing up (and it's a DOOZY) is the way they are handling the situation, and how they've handled it since day one.  To err is only human; to cover up your mistakes and ignore your customers is downright cowardly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good initative GAPmedia!

csCooper: yeah im no programmer so you might be totally right. As you mentioned the only thing im really disapointed with is the the way they treat their customers..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 10, 2013 Jul 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The waiting period is costing clients heart ache, accounts and time.

This needs to be released ASAP.

If there was a penalty for each day missed it would be done today.

Say 100,000.00 per day in losses happening between all their clients.

David Ethridge

Creative Producer/Owner

AVR Films

www.avrfilms.com

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With rare exception, we won't know when an update happens till it happens. If I had to complete a project now (I don't; and not on CC), use the workaround. If I didn't have to complete now, I'd move to another project, and hope that "soon" means "soon."

Here's the 3 posts that seem most relevant to the workaround:

la_diamond fix @ post 36
http://forums.adobe.com/message/5436159#5436159

la_diamond comment on which tracks are highlighted @ post 70
http://forums.adobe.com/message/5453237#5453237

Reel Inspiration mod with keyboard shortcuts for la_diamond method @ post 81
http://forums.adobe.com/message/5464109#5464109

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Reel Inspiration and la_diamond for your fix. It worked brilliantly for me. Added my own flavour:

I actually did it in two passes:

1) After extending the last good clip to the end of my sequence, I highlighted both video tracks and jumped through the whole sequence cut by cut (with down-arrow), alternately hitting "Add Cut" (usually cmd+K but I changed this to a single key that was available). down-cut-down-cut... That didn't take more than a minute to get through two and a half hours.

2) Next, I did the same thing again, this time only with the new track highlighted, using the number keys to choose the camera angle for each clip according to the old MC track (if you zoom right in you can easily read the clip title with the MC number in brackets). Again, took me maybe 20 minutes to get through the whole timeline. In the end I flattened the whole sequence before proceding further (felt like reaching land after a shipwreck).

While this is still a major  pain in the backside, I am so relieved to get out of the mud so quickly. So for everyone else who just arrived here and whose heart is sinking at this moment, it might not be all that bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you,  Stan Jones and especially Donsteff and Reel Inspirations!  That is a straight forward and to the point workaround you all described.

Why didn't Adobe issue a workaround like this???  Unlike Adobe staff, here are some people who know how to communicate effectively to customers. 

Adobe reps, please take note:  Here is an example of the kind of effective communication we, your customers, are looking for.  You should consider hiring one of the above named individuals to help you with customer relations. 

Then just add links to notices like the ones they posted, on your product startup pages, and the application manager, and your all set! 
Just imagine, "Your creative community just a click away."    Funny, haven't I heard that somewhere before?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Makes you wonder if they are embarssased by this whole thing and no one want to take the hit.. The fact is that they are really that bad with their customers... It is sad to see a company treat their customers this way when they originally really like their product.

It suprises me this isnt going even bigger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines