Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multicam Editing in Premiere CC Issue

Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded th trial version in Premiere CC and try to edit a multicam project edit about 30 min of footage saved it and close Premiere CC after reopen each cut made on timeline start with the begining of video so like i had 3 cameras and all of them start recording on diferent time i got like black image all over and sometime when i had switched to the camer x what start recording 1st is showing the image

........ any help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 01, 2013 Jul 01, 2013

The fix for this bug has been cleared. It will be in a patch that’s nearly ready for release. I’m not at liberty to talk about when exactly the patch will go live, but it will not be until after we return from the company-wide shutdown this week. This fix not only produces correct multicam sequences but also redeems those corrupted by the bug.

I traced the issue back to the exact build when it was introduced, which dated to just weeks before the end of the cycle. It was not discovered until liter

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 225 Replies 225
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got blindsided by this bug myself. I was working on a client project last night and polishing up a few multicam edits and when I opened it up for the client this morning I had a 3+ hour timeline rendered completely useless. Every clip starting from the beginning of the sequence it was referring to with those blasted white triangles there to let me know. This just cost me a ton of money and embarassed me in front of my client; I had nothing to show them.

This kind of bug on a major release is outrageous Adobe. One of the major features that's advertised and I depend on every day essentially doesn't work. I now have to go back to CS6 and redo the entire project, and for the first time in years I'm seriously considering jumping ship from Adobe to another NLE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug is awful. Shocking actually because it's not a small little thing and it's not hard to reproduce. Dan e f, one thing you can try to do is copy the original clips to the layers above your current destroyed multicam. Now select only the original video clips and right-click and nest. Then right-click and multicam>enable. Now make cuts that line up with your original destroyed multicam sequence. Now go back and put the cursor over each clip and click on the appropriate camera angle to change each cut.

The fact that you have to do this is a total joke but as it stands right now Multicam in Premiere Pro CC is broken so you have no other choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might have been what DMH79 suggested, but just wanted to share what I did that saved me

I took the bad MC and placed it on track 2 and put a good uncut MC on track 1. Then I made sure my keys were mapped so I could easily "cut to angle x". Then making sure V2 was highlighted, I went through my cut and just recut the bottom track. I had over 2 hours cut, and recutting it this way took me about 10 min.

Screen Shot 2013-06-21 at 10.09.11 AM.png

After you do this, just make sure not to recut by "recording" in the multicam window, make any changes needed in the timeline instead (roll/changing angles).

I totally agree that this is a pain, but at least I didn't lose days of work this way. For me, trying to import my complicated timeline to CS6 wasn't working.  I'm pretty sure they will have this fixed in the first patch released.

good luck, hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I'm going to give this a try later today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Better hope the timeline exports correctly after all that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might be smart to make a duplicate of the timeline and flatten it before export.

clip -> multicamera -> flatten commits all the angle choices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2013 Jun 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are we told what bugs are "fixed" with a bug fix release?  In other words, will we know that this issue is fixed before we apply the update?  And, can Adobe tell us if the fix will correct the broken sequences we have, or will it just fix the issue going forward?  

If the latter, then my sequence will never work and I will either have to try one of the workarounds above, or start over.

S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 07, 2013 Jul 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOLY COW ADOBE, the last reply here was June 21th, today is JULY 7TH.

This Multi-cam KNOWN issue is killing my project.

In the beginning of this thread it was supposed be be release asap.

When is the update coming- you owe us a update asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm... (Were is the bug fix ADOBELESS)

Screwed.png

(Were is the bug fix ADOBELESS)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Loveppro11...

Mark Mapes replied in post 99 on July 1st Not on June 21th like you claimed. His reply was about a week ago right before their week long company wide vacation where they leave right as soon as software is put out full of bugs. I guess its a way they troll their paying customers? Anyways the patch is due out tomorrow based on how long weeks are for most of us. Adobe might use a different calendar that makes time and hours wasted irrelivent.

Keep in mind Adobe knew if the issue before the software was released and did nothing to warn their customers. If this is acceptable I think we should all just remain quite accept the patch when it is released and forget about the countless hours we have all wasted not only on the projects but trouble shooting and trying to get answers.

When this is done I will be filing a complaint with Adobe and I suggest everyone one else do the same and post results here. If this thread gets closed or removed through some "mistake" I'll be posting on reddit at the links below after the patch is released. I hope they dont try to censor community feedback on the forums though.

http://www.reddit.com/r/premiere

and

http://www.reddit.com/r/creativecloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, I did some tests around my problematic area. I re-cut it last night, have open and closed/saved the project at least 10 times. Opened it again this morning, did some test exports and it came out fine.

Obviously I have no idea if this is sustainable for a whole long timeline, but at least it appears to me that if you don't re-record as MarkDLeach pointed out, things to be fine so far. However, he also pointed out that I may be pushing my luck....

I think mark__m's suggestion is a good one, perhaps just duplicate it before you flatten to export in case you need to go back and make any changes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Considering the lost productivity and the rework, Adobe needs to jump on this and fix it immediately. Multicam is essentially broken in this release and I agree with the previous poster, it's quite shocking that escaped the efforts of Development and QA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Guess thats why they relesed so earlier like it was with cs5 we should expect a update prety soon........... and they should hire some of us for testing i will do some testings for free too.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or crediting our accounts based on time wasted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This multicam bug is by FAR not the only issue I've hit up against in Premiere Pro CC, but it is definitely the most devastating.  The other major set piece, for me, was going to be built-in, native audio sync (both when creating Multi-Camera Source Sequences and when Merging Clips).  But that does not work 99% of the time—even when performed on the most similar of waveforms.

I'd say make CC free, retroactively to the date we first downloaded it until the date there is a fix and call us your BETA testers!  I posted elsewhere about this issue, but then found this forum.  What a glaring, show-stopping bug!  I don't recall signing up for any public BETA program, and I don't recall any 72pt font warning me of such when I downloaded CC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2013 Jun 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, this does SUCK, but reading la_diamon's solution to fixing gave me some additional ideas to make it go a lot faster.

I was able to run through and make a good multi-cam edit without touching my mouse.

In addition to this, what I did was map shortcut keys to "Toggle Target Video" (see image)

Adobe Premiere Pro CCScreenSnapz002.png

Then I moved my 'corrupted' multi-cam edit to V2 and drag out the last good clip on V1 to the end.

Adobe Premiere Pro CCScreenSnapz004.png

Next, I select the V2 of track two, and then bring up the 'multi-cam' window in the program monitor.

Adobe Premiere Pro CCScreenSnapz003.png

Once I have that up, I can see (if ONLY V2 is selected) which camera I need to CUT TO using the keyboard shortcuts I mapped (see la_diamond's post)

Then, I Toggle V1 on so I can 'cut to camera' using my keyboard shortcuts.

Then I toggle V1 off using my shortcut and down arrow to the next edit and repeat.

It's a LOT faster than what I did last time which was to right click on EVERY CLIP in the timline to figure out which camera I had chosen.

Saves me a TON of time.

Once I had the keyboard mapped, I could run through about 15 minutes of video cuts in about 2 minutes.

It's a work-around that allows me to keep ediitng in CC and know I'm not going to have spend hours fixing things.

This is the third time it's happened to me so far and I'm on Episode 5 of a 13-part multi-cam edit.

Hopefully, Adobe will fix this quickly.

Still trying to figure out what I'm doing that's causing it as it doesn't happen all the time.

Hope this helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Reel Inspirations this helped save some serious time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

twztdblzeicp@aol.com wrote:

Thanks, this helped save some serious time.

Its the best we can do considering Adobe isn't helping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2013 Jul 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this helped me a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2013 Jun 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have downloaded the trial of CC several days ago, and was in the process of getting up to speed on multicam editing.  I am very experienced in another platform, but thought a change was in order.  I could not figure out what I did wrong, when I was seeing video from the beginning of the clips, and audio from where the play head was.  Well, seems it's the very same bug.  Unfortunately, this was after hours of editing a long two camera shoot.

This morning, I opened up the project, and there was blackness after the last camera switch.  Lovely.  I did open up a prior auto save, and I was at least back to the broken state I was before.  Showing the beginning, when the play head was much farther along.  I did scrub the playhead in the viewer as someone else has mentioned here, and it at least seems to be working correctly for the moment. 

I do hope they correct this soon.  I can't see going to the paid subscription for something that is broken. 

Incidentally, the source footage is 1080i AVCHD 24mbps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing this bug too. Every time I save and re-open my project this happens and I lose all of my Multicam edits from both the Multicam Browser and the Timeline, It makes no difference which one I use to create the cuts. This is incredibly frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to voice my concern for this bug too. I've encountered it and it significantly reduces the efficacy of using multicam. If I can't make any further cuts to a multicam sequence after the initial pass, it makes it supremely difficult to adjust a sequence for notes or other client's needs. Until this bug is fixed, I'm having to either flatten the sequence after I make the initial cut or drop in the non-nested sequence (which eliminates the ability to use the multicam monitor; which is very frustrating).

I submited a bug request; please Adobe, fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just messing around with this, I found a sort of workaround, that seemed to work for my case.  I have a nearly three hour multicam edit in process, and have cut about the first 30 minutes or so.  The edit is good to a point just earlier of when I made a change, and reset to zero going forward as described. 

I deleted everthing after the last correct event, and then stretched that event to the end. I could now resume multicam switching, and It now looks as it should.  I post this mainly in that it might be of help to someone else here. 

Being new to Premiere, and in light of this experience, I'll probably go back and redo this particular job in my previous editing app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried this also but if you have those white "sequence" triangles in the middle of the sequence instead of just the beginning and end and delete a section of them it may not scroll all the way to the end, it gets stuck where one of those triangles was before the end of the sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look Like i got lucky i haven't done much and i figure out there is a bug ........... i still have the cs6 instaled and have the old multicam project where i was 1/3 edited so will go back to cs6 till they will relese an update....... i had kind of same problem when the cs5 came out and the update came out late after a month or two so good luck .........

also my name is Max

I'm in Dallas, Texas and i was looking for Adobe Premiere user group here in DFW like there is one for FCP also I'm a member of DFW Pro Videographers Association  so if somebody is local here and want to join message me

http://www.dfwpva.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines