• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multicamera timeline view- can I visualize thumbnails of clips on the timeline? - let me explain

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When dealing with a long sequence with multiple short clips, one cannot see when a clip is 'coming up' for a potential transition (as far as I can tell). Is there a way to show where clips are in the timeline in order to aid with the multicam edit?

Imagine a one hour clip plus a bunch short clips thrown in for variety such as a lecture with a handful of audience shots that are only a minute or so long. 

Is there a way to visualize the location of the various clips in the multicam sequence in order to help with editing. In the case above, camera1 is one 75 minute clip and camera two is 35 clips of that are from seconds to a few minutes long.

The sequence is synced by timecode but it's impossible to do the two cam edit when I cannot see the clip coming up on the x axis somewhere. Well, it could be done but I can only see when I have a cam2 clip when it appears in the top (R upper) window. Most of the time there is no cam2.

Any ideas here?

See the image below. I would love to have at least some clip icons or something shown along the x axis as noted by the pink mark I placed on the image. Right now all I get is as shown in the top of the image, cam1 is active all the time with short blips of cam2.

I'm not sure why I have all the extra audio tracks but I'll deal with that. Cam1 provides the good audio.

Cheers and thank you for reading.

premiere question.jpg

 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once correctly set up, you will see all your cameras in the Multi-Camera view in the Program Monitor, and can cut to any camera in real time while playing your footage.

Check this page for proper set up of a multi-camera source sequence:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/create-multi-camera-source-sequence.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. I have been using multicamera for a little while but frequently have continuous data on all camera angles so it is not a problem.

The problem is when I have a really long camera1 continuous clip (a lecture 1+ hours) and scattered camera 2 clips. 

The cameras are visible in the program monitor. That is not the problem. The problem is that I don't know where the clips fall on the timeline and I don't want to or don't have the time to watch the entire video in this workflow. I want to know exactly where to jump to (visually, for ex.) and choose to do a camera angle switch, or not, then jump to the next camera2 clip and repeat. 

As it stands, I cannot see where any of the clips reside on the timeline once they go into multicam editing.

Is this even possible? I do believe I have it 'set up right' according to the multicam workflow. But I'll review that right now.

Thank you again for your comments. This is a big frustration I keep having and I've posted this question to a couple of 'experts' and not found an answer.

Cheers,

DJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That link re multicam is really good. Thanks. Looks like that's what I've done.

Here is my screen again. Perhaps I could load up all of the cam2 clips and put them into a track up above the multicam track. If they lined up according to their timecode then that would be the visual indicator I need. Then I could simply toggle this track output to 'off' and do the multicam edit using the new track as a gu idline to where the one minute clips are located in time.

Premiere multicam view.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand now. You can use markers in the nested sequence that will show up as clip markers in your parent sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up placing all the clips for camera2 onto the timeline by TC to show where they were. ( note track V2). This visual is what I needed. 

Is there a way to see something like this by default when doing a multicam edit?

Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 10.21.02 AM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know if you saw my previous reply to you (it's nested under your other screenshot), but you can use markers to the same effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines