• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My shutter speed was too low when filming something fast and now I have a ton of motion blur. Help!

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thus far this is the only video that I have found that could help me.

Techniques to Remove Display's Motion Blur - YouTube

I want to try this technique of adding in flashes of black to fill in the missing information to try to trick the eye into making the picture look more clear. The guy in the video calls it "black data insertion." Yet premiere only lets me cut my black panel overlay by one frame, and when I play it the black is very obvious. The person in the video vaguely says in the comments he used something in iMovie to help him. Is there anything like this in Premiere that could give me black flashes at a fraction of a frame? Any other advice for cleaning up a blurry clip is helpful. My shutter was at 1/15

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until someone comes along with a better answer I suggest you find out how to use After Effects for a frame by frame fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. set this to negative 2. it will remove blur by using motion vectors. positive numbers add blur. negative numbers remove blur.

ReelSmart Motion Blur - RE:Vision Effects

2. or you could use premiere's built in optical flow.

Optical Flow Time Remapping – Tips & Tricks for Best Results | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

3. in AE, you could do 50% timewarp optical flow then decimate frames with 50% timestretch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@chrisw44157881 

I'm having the same problem with Allison (my footage was shot in 24fps x 1/30shutter speed and I'm trying to make it look more natural) and found this post!!

For the 2nd option, does the optical flow feature work even when the speed is not changed?

I tried choosing optical flow with 100% speed but cannot really tell the difference:(

So I want to try the third option but could you explain how to " do 50% timewarp optical flow then decimate frames with 50% timestretch"?

I cannot find "optical flow" in timewarp effect 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since 2016, this question not solved yet. And now i have similar problem. My client's Videos full of blur becouse they shoot in lower shutter speed.

Any trick to reduce this motion blur in latest Premiere Pro?

Or may be any plugin to solve this problem?

thanks

-Office : Adobe || Home : Resolve-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines