• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to recover Prproj asap (Mac)

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was editing a video tonight that is urgently due in tomorrow for a client.

My mac was saying that my disk was close to full I ignored this as I was editing videos from an almost empty ext hard drive.

Suddenly Prempro couldn't render my video anymore, it then shut down and wouldn't start, I realised the disk was so full prem couldn't start so I deleted some old files and deleted them from the trash as well. Prempro opened fine but my prproj was nowhere to be seen. Forget autosave I had manually done it as well just to make sure. I checked my system for every prproj file it could find and 0 of the last 3 videos I made were there. So I assumed I must have saved the Prproj into an old folder and deleted that. I purchased eraseus (not cheap) as the trail said it found a deleted file with the same name and time created as my project. the file recovered as an Exec I then used File Juicer to make something of the exec and it became a TXT. opening and realising through the txt it seems to be the commands for my prproj. I can't find anything else in eraseus that is easy to find anyway! please help. my job relies on this being done tomorrow.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if you rename your exec file to pproj file ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you have the option turned on in Pr that saves a backup to your Creative Cloud files? If so, check Creative Cloud Files>12.0 (or 11.0 if it's the previous version of Premiere)>Adobe Premiere Pro Auto-Save

Also, is the TXT file human readable, or does it mostly look like garbage? .prpoj files are really just zipped up XML files, so if you take a regular one (not the recovered one) and change the extension to "txt" you'll see mostly garbage. However, if you change ".prproj" to ".zip," then unzip the file, you'll get an xml file that you can open in a text editor.

Hopefully yenaphe​'s suggestion will do the trick and your recovery program just tacked on the wrong file extension, but there could be more to this if that doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines