• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New project dialog box is not appearing after clicking the NEW PROJECT button.

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New project dialog box is not appearing after clicking the NEW PROJECT button. Instead it takes me to the screen prompting me to select media.

I tried:  to uninstall and then install Premier Pro. 

to reset all settings by holding ALT key. 

It didn't work. 

Any ideas?

Thank you.

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's the new project/Import page. It was designed as a replacement for the old one with all the options for setting cache files that most users never used. And ain't expected to be used by any "advanced" editors.

Just treat it as you did the old dialog ... type a project name, set the location, and click Create. The first time, just make sure nothing is selected in the middle section or blue in the far right other than the Create button. That's "sticky" so after that, nothing is selected nor done from those options.

As soon as you hit Create, you get your project opened up, and import/ingest media as you always have.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines