Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New to Prem Pro on 2017 MBP

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

First time posting, so please bear with me if this has already been discussed with a clear answer.

As the title suggests i'm new to using Premiere Pro on a 2017 MBP ( 2.9 GHz i7, 16GB, Radeon Pro 560-4096MB & Intel HD 630-1536MB), and noticing some poor performance issue. These issues tend to be when using 4K footage from 8-bit GH5 footage which tends to lag badly, and when I start to do any work in a sequence (whether its in the same sequence settings or scaled down to 1080), the fans in the laptop kick-off something chronic.

I've looked through various forums and they indicate to switch of the automatic graphics switching in the energy saver settings. After disabling this the laptop still continues to perform in the same manner.

So i was wondering if anyone knows what settings I should be looking at or if this is a common issue with Premiere Pro on the MBP?

Thanks in advance, and apologies if this is a repeat -- if anyone knows a thread where this has been resolved I would appreciate a link.

Chris 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Make sure you follow these steps to optimize performance in Premiere Pro CC

And here is a tutorial on how to use proxies on Macbook Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using proxies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure you follow these steps to optimize performance in Premiere Pro CC

And here is a tutorial on how to use proxies on Macbook Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines