• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New update loses all my Lumetri settings on clips.

Participant ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. just installed the Premiere Pro update and all of my Lumetri settings on my clips have gone haywire.  What has changed that caused this?  The colour wheels have all reset to unity.  Not happy.  Have to start the whole grade again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Hi CarlosI,

I really apologize for the inconvenience caused to you all.

We are aware of all the known issues with Premiere Pro CC2017 and our Engineering team is already working to get these issues fixed. A Couple of those issues have already been fixed with the latest update (11.1.1). Premiere Pro 11.1.1 update | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe.

This issue is also on the top most priority now and hopefully, it would be fixed with the next update.

We don't have the release date yet but I can ensure tha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't noticed the color wheels reset, but it looks like the whole color science has changed.  Many of my clips have gone darker, the saturation increased, and sometimes changes in color temperature (not as noticeable as the previous two).  Regrading is a major pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PeterCorbett,

Can you share your old, as well as the updated project files (no media required) and I, will get it checked?

You can share here: kulpsing@adobe.com

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will have to check my autosaves to see if I have the old one.  It seems to have reset Lumetri settings on split edits where I've used two tracks and a linear soft wipe (to separate sky and ground) for grading.  Plus there were a few shots without wipes that seemed to revert to a flat setting. (No LUT's or looks, just standard Lumetri settings).

I agree with illucine​ above that many clips have altered chroma, contrast and luma settings.  I have 12 projects on the system but have only opened one project on the new build.  If a second project shows these characteristics I will have to downgrade to the previous build (if that is even possible.)  I am on a Mac Pro; El Capitan OSX.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is actually serious now.  Every project I open that was created in the previous version of Premiere now has shifted luminance and chroma levels on clips that don't have a LUT attached.

Most of my material is shot in SLOG3 on a PMW-F55 with a LUT applied, but all our DJI Phantom 4 Pro clips have been altered since this new update.  It's a real pain as some of these projects have been delivered but not yet rendered as backups for our archives.  So every shot has to checked by memory to try and match the client master that was rendered on the previous build.

If I had known that the Lumetri settings would be altered, I'd never have updated. I'll try to get some project files together today, but at the moment we have our hands full trying to restore master sequences to how they looked last week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's also affected clips shot on a Sony X3000 camera that don't have a LUT applied.  Basically both "Creative" and "Color Wheel" Lumetri settings have reset to unity on these clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, all my color settings on Lumetri has changed on my recent projects, Blacks no longer blacks and white no longer whites.  Good thing I waited to finalize my project before updating, and sad thing is Lumetri still leaks memory a lot.  Got 32 gb of RAM and a slight changes roof the usage to 31 gb and leave my system unresponsive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a very good reason to reinstall the previous version you were using. Probably a good idea to make a note of that build too,  so if you ever need to revisit these projects (at a later date,  after you re-update) you know which build to restore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to download a previous build of Premiere CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely. Previous versions are listed in the Creative Cloud application...

FAQ: How do I reinstall a previous version of Premiere Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company is having a similar problem. The color wheels have not reset, but the exposure, contrast, and blacks in Lumetri seem to have been affected the most for us. The projects where we're seeing the problem is the ones that have overexposed footage in them. So I tried opening up a project in the old 2017 version of Premiere, resetting the Exposure in Lumetri to 0 (as opposed to -1, for example), and then converting that project to the new 2017 version. It helped, but the rest of the values still needed to be reworked. Seems like we need to go back and re- color correct everything that was overexposed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, I just return from vacations and update premiere pro, a client ask for a change and when I open the project all the color work done in lumetri is messed up. Video looks too washed out! I really love adobe but every time they launch a new update it seems that they didnt take the time to test the software and people always found bugs sometimes huge bugs like this. I install the previous version and now its ok, I hope they really fix this soon but more than that please take a little bit of time in testing the updates before launching them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem! All my lumetri grades are completely buggered. This comes at the worst possible time. If I need to revert, I will, but I don't see Premiere Pro under the "Find Additional Apps" list on Creative Cloud's app. Could anyone assist?

EDIT: Found the option. Hope this bug can be fixed soon, because I'm between projects now and having to install and revert the whole time to open older projects is a real pain, especially since there's no "compatibility mode" like in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm having the same problem since the last update (I suppose).

I'm working on a Documentary TV series (13 episodes) and I opened the project graded two weeks ago to export it to a TV review and most of the shoots are just impossible to recover. We have to work since "0" in the first color grading version...

We use a Sony a7S MKII, (4K, 25p, XAVC S) with Slog3 and the DJI Inspire1 X3 Log, graded for TV reviews with FilmConvert and Lumetri Color.

Like PeterCorbett describes, our shoots has shifted luminance and chroma levels and the highlights are very high, although the waveform it's not clipped.

Kulpreet Singh, Adobe team, can you please help us?

We can't work in this regime... One month fine, other month with problems... Although we have good MAC and PC machines for the needs of this project and workflow, we are dealing since 4 months ago with problems like crashes and formats/projects recognition between mac and pc (premiere and after effects)...

But know, the most important issue it's this color/lut recognition.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my guess it's related to the overbright fix in lumetri, but I have not been able to recreate this bug. old projects appear the same in the new version. furthermore, the old lumetri instance from the old project operates in the same manner they did before 2017.1 - they do not work with overbrights, while new instances of lumetri do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CarlosI,

I really apologize for the inconvenience caused to you all.

We are aware of all the known issues with Premiere Pro CC2017 and our Engineering team is already working to get these issues fixed. A Couple of those issues have already been fixed with the latest update (11.1.1). Premiere Pro 11.1.1 update | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe.

This issue is also on the top most priority now and hopefully, it would be fixed with the next update.

We don't have the release date yet but I can ensure that this issue would be resolved soon.

Thanks for your patience.

-Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seems today's update fixed my issue I had with my project that rendered lumetri colors wrong.  Black points and White points now show correct values on screen and seems to behave well on new project as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming, Jonzy. I am glad that you are back on track.

-Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to verify if the problem were fixed but sadly no, Going back again to previous version 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel,

I am sorry that you are still experiencing this issue.

I request you to test this (in 11.1.1) with a different project and share your observations.

If possible, please share your share your project file (created in the prev version of PPro).

You can share here: kulpsing@adobe.com

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Today a client ask for a color work in another category of the same project with shots that was already graded in the main one, so I think well easy right? just copy the lumetri effect, but sadly still with the latest update, this bug isn't fixed yet, and to make things more strange I created a new project (latest version) and import and xml from the old version, and now I have a second different color with the same shot and same lumetri effect. Now I have to download the previous version again just to do this simple request and its not only time consuming but really annoying, Come on adobe If you already have something that it`s working why mess with it?, please put this into priority in the list of bug requests. I'm sending to you this shot with the 2 projects in 11.1.1 (old one and xml)Wrong colors.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow your Color Wrong 1 went really wrong! Mine was noticeable but not as bad as that.

Hoping for a fix soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

An update on this issue, I was grading a couple of shots and when I copy and paste lumetri, on the second clip I reset the curves tab but the highlights seems overexposed when I just click the luminance curve (just click not move) the highlights return to normal. Then I unchecked the whole curves section and even it was reset, it seems to still affect my shot. Digging even more all some clips have an instance of lumetri already applied in the source tab with a Amira lut  which affect the shot overexposing it prior color grading and by the way i cant delete it. i think this might be a bug related to the problem with lumetri already talked here. Hope this helps you adobe to do something about it soon, it's a pain color grading in premiere now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines