• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Internet connection was found. Please check your Internet settings or firewall.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2009 Apr 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to update I get this message:

"No Internet connection was found. Please check your Internet settings or firewall."

and porgram won't update.

I tried "fixes" offered on ADOBE website to no avail.

Anyone know how to fix this ?

-----------------------------------------------

1 minute of silence for that awesome forum that ADOBE was....sniff sniff

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried "fixes" offered on ADOBE website to no avail.

Since we don't know what "fixes" you tried, we don't know what new things to have you try.

Please tell us what you have already tried.

Cheers
Eddie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the link I went to:

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=333280&sliceId=1

I tried downloading the updater like in solution 1 but couldn't find it and I'm pretty sure I got it installed already.

Solution 2 is pretty lame since I've had IE 7 installed since I installed everything and updater always worked fine.

Solution 3 is more a crutch then a solution, particularly since my updater used to work fine.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but couldn't find it

I found it in a matter of seconds by typing "update manager" into the search text box at the top of the page that the tech doc linked to.

What is the actual version of the UM that you have?

Cheers

Eddie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning off automatic updates and going to the Adobe download site, to manually download and install updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2009 Apr 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The page linked to me has a scroll down window with list of ADOBE software I've searched in it about 10 time with no successs in findinfg "update manager" and I don't see the window you typed your search in just that window.

Which software manage update manager? I don't know where I could find the version I have installed nor where to turn off auto update?

Seems to me I can pop update manager in every ADOBE software installed for all of them...

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get two search results, one for Mac and one for Windows.

Cheers
Eddie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I got the windows one, installed it , tried update, same thing.

I noticed that the update is made for CS2 level products.

I guess I've have to contact ADOBE directly for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I've have to contact ADOBE directly for this.

At this point I think that is your best bet.

Cheers
Eddie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2009 May 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE  tech "support" isn't of much use in this. They suggest me to manually update. I know CS3 is fixed update not requiring more download after 3.2, but my updater used to run fine and now it doesn't on a freesh computer install. I'd like to fix this cause this is an indicator that something is wrong on my computer.

The only advice I got after 15-20 minutes was to check permissions on my computer, that this might be cause of it.

I put permission on my firewall to all adobe program I could find on my computer, turned off UAC doesn't work; tried firewall + spyware + antivirus to zero protection = doesn't work either.

I've read that been plugged into a router on a 2 computers network can cause problem. How ? I know Adobe Updater doesn't support proxy server.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/331/331931.html

I tried puggin directly into modem and didn't change anything.  I think maybe that my main computer might be blocking or filtering my internet connection or a setup in it: I don't know networking setup at all.

Maybe it's windows vista on my computer that has updated to something that would block my adobe updater.

Any suggestion ?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has something to do with your firewall, I'm sure, and it's probably going to take a weird solution.  The same thing happened to me a few months ago.  I have Zone Alarm, not by choice, it's been forced on us by systems people who don't understand media developers.

Anyway, I had the same exact problem, went down the same paths as you with no success.  I had shut down the Zone Alarm client in order to get some actual work done, and here's the kicker:

The Adobe updater went south when I had the firewall turned off!!!  I re-enabled the Zone Alarm client, and the Updater was working fine.  Truly bizarre and the opposite of what I would expect.  I doesn't make any sense, but you can see why I think it has something to do with the firewall.

Obviously Adobe doesn't know, so I post this in hopes that it could help you go in a direction.  I would never have guessed that turning Zone Alarm back on would make it work, and I'm just lucky that I happened to find, and re-create the problem.

Best of Luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use Zone Alarm, I got Windows firewall, AVAST antivirus and Ad-Aware for spywares.

I tried shutting those down on this computer and the main one of the proxy server with no luck.

Any suggestiion to implement your experiencee in my setup?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frédéric,

Sorry, I don't have any suggestions. I just wanted you to know that the

problem is real, and the solution may be something that makes no sense. I

wish I could be of more help. I'm guessing that there is something improper

happening in the registry, but that is mere speculation on my part.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok ty Mark,

what is weird is that this problem started to occur about a month ago before it worked perfectly and then I did a full reinstall of my C drive and changed it, thought it might have fixed the problem with the install along other things, but the problem was still there even with fresh install of vista and cs3.

So I guess this might be a Microsoft update that wasn't there 1 month ago, or something like this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess we can look on the bright side, that the Adobe updates usually cause

more trouble than benefit.

All the best!

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2009 May 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have found tech near my place that look like he's familliar with that type of bug and might know a way to bypass it; I'll post any experiences at a further notice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2009 May 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No go... he knew in theory what could be causing it but it would require someone with deeper server knowledge then a general computer tech to fix it; playing with settings and so on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2010 Apr 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED! (at least on my computer in Windows 7)

I experienced the exact same issue you are struggling with.

Did the following...

CONTROL PANEL > NETWORK CONNECTIONS >

Windows "provided" me a "Wireless Network Connection 2" that was identified as a "Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter"

I right-clicked it and chose "Disable"

Once the "virtual" adapter was disabled, my Adobe Acrobat (v8.2) launch of the Update Manager worked fine once again.

I hope this helps others as well as it helped me. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2010 Apr 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting, and thank you for reporting. That gives other users, with the same error, something to look into.

Thanks, and welcome to the forum,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2010 Apr 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SAB4444!!!  I have tried to resolve this issue since January and the suggestion in your post FINALLY did the trick!  Woo Hoo my updater is now updating all my products - i missed quite a few updates by manually installing.  you made my day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2010 Sep 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Win7x64 bit. This worked .... thanks for the post from the person who found it. It was driving me NUTS...

---------------------------------------------

SOLVED! (at least on my computer in Windows 7)

I experienced the exact same issue you are struggling with.

Did the following...

CONTROL PANEL > NETWORK CONNECTIONS >

Windows "provided" me a "Wireless Network Connection 2" that was identified as a "Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter"

I right-clicked it and chose "Disable"

Once the "virtual" adapter was disabled, my Adobe Acrobat (v8.2) launch of the Update Manager worked fine once again.

I hope this helps others as well as it helped me. Good luck!

=======================================

too simple a fix. It may have also fixed other problems I'm having . amazing.

Thanks guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2011 Jun 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been bugging me forever.  I finally Googled the problem and found this, so I just wanted to bump up the answer. On Windows 7, here's what I did:

1. Start menu

2. Control Panel

3. Network and Internet

4. Network and Sharing Center

5. Change Adapter Settings

6. Right-click the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Minport Adapter and select Disable

My updates started downloading immediately!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2011 Sep 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sweet Jesus! This worked!!!

Thank you soooooo much! I had the same problem, and this fixed it! yay! Now my boss can't yell at me!!! ❤️ ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 01, 2011 Sep 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cool!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2012 Jul 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Used hours to try to solve the problem - this workes !!!!!! (I also tryed Adobe, but they could only  say, that the server was OK, so it was at me, but only on my laptop, not my stationary, and it was a brand new laptop, but Adobe did not knew this solution ?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines