• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No option to select LOCATION to export

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Such a funny bug. Adobe Premiere Pro 2022 doesn't show the location path option at all when I am trying to export anything. Not sure where the issue is. 

default24758357axrvzd_0-1654575809215.png

And of course when I click export, I get the following error which is obvious. 

default24758357axrvzd_1-1654575845805.png

Anyone has a solve to this?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Issue has been fixed.

EDIT: this issue has NOT been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might not be the cause but the mp3 file does not have a name.

Try:

FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if I type a filename before the .mp3, the location area doesn't show up. 

Tried using multiple export settings, MXF/MP4/MOV/WAV, nothing works. How can I export without selecting the path where I want it to be exported to. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah now i see what you mean: its a known issue. Will be corrected in the near future.

Meanwhile you can use the beta which already has been updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find out how to fix it? I am also having the same issue 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue has been fixed.

EDIT: this issue has NOT been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still experiencing the same issue. So it has not been resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jessica, please confirm that you have updated to 22.5. And then please post a screenshot showing the problem.

I never saw this symptom, so am not sure how to test.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stan, 

I have updated Premiere, uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted my computer and yet still have the same issue. The screenshot is below. It happens when I try and send the project to Media Encoder. If it happens once on that sequence, I can't get it back. However, starting a new sequence and exporting from Premiere is currently working but it is taking a long time and I would rather send to Media Encoder.

Screenshot 2022-06-28 100212.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it. Your screenshot is from the new Export mode tab in PR (before clicking the "Send to Media  Encoder" button). I see a path as a link where your Location has nothing.

PR 22.5.0; Win 10.

"If it happens once..." Do you mean sometimes it works?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stan, 

If I open a new sequence and use that to export, it works. However if the location dissappears because I try to send it to Media Encoder, I can't get that path link back. It stays blank. 

Opening a new sequence works, but the original sequence stays the same with no location link. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went back and forth several times to Media Encoder from the Export screen. (did the actual export; changed the name; didn't changhe the name; didn't export etc). Nothing I do makes the Location disappear in PR.

@Ann Bens Are Jessica's symptoms the previous issue?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No solution worked for me. I simply began using the previous version of Premiere Pro.

2021 Premiere Pro in my case. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

harshstartv,

Your posts above were before the 22.5 update. Keep in mind that you can update/install 22.5 and keep your installation of 21. Make sure your settings do not use the "uninstall previous versions." That allows you to test the new release version.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went back and forth several times to Media Encoder from the Export screen. (did the actual export; changed the name; didn't changhe the name; didn't export etc). Nothing I do makes the Location disappear in PR.

@Ann Bens Are Jessica's symptoms the previous issue?

Stan

By @Stan Jones

Sorry have not paid attention to the screenshot.

This is not related to the issue that has been fixed.

I edited my previous post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same - it's related to specific sequences. Opening the project on 2022.5 on MacOS and Windows, same problem. Older sequences in same project export fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Have to create a new sequence within the project and the option to choose your export destination reappears. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue as of October 24, 2022; PrPro Ver. 23.0.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had the same issue.

We created a new sequence and copied the old sequence into the new one.

Simple but it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue in November 2022 with Version 23.0.0 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just came across this issue today with Premiere Pro v23.1.0 (Build 86). My problem started when I had to switch what hard drive I was editing on. I copied the folder structure of all the files and the Premiere Pro-generated files exactly as they were on the previous drive. Opening a new sequence and exporting from there worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TEMPORARY FIX

I spent a bunch of time chatting with Adobe support about this MISSING OUTPUT LOCATION issue, and they even had two different Adobe techs remotely access my PC to check Premiere. After a bunch of fiddling around they basically said the only solution is to make a new sequence, which seems to bring the output location option back.

It's not something you're doing wrong, it's an Adobe glitch.

If you have existing stuff in your sequence, just copy and paste it into a new sequence. It's hardly a permanent solution but it works. However note that after a few months of doing that, AGAIN the location ouput field disappeared and I had to make a new sequence and paste my stuff all over again.

Another trick that worked for me was to choose the YOUTUBE output option instead of the MEDIA FILE. You do not have to click the sign-in for it to work but it will give you an error after exporting that it can't upload. Just ignore that.
This hack was working for me up until March 2023 when it suddenly didn't.
However, the new sequence method seems to work consistently.

It's a quick solution but disappointing that Adobe can't get this fixed even after a few versions since I've had the issue, up to and including March 2023.

Dear Adobe: This is premium software and we're paying a notable monthly subscription for apps and services, should have been fixed a long time ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2024 Jul 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens to me when I try to change the location. I have replicated it 3x. And the only way around it is to create a new sequence... Today is the first time I have had the issue. I exported a file and changed the destination in the last couple of weeks of June 2024. 

Adobe -- this is an issue. Please provide a solution. TIA!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've only had this just happen to me (V23.1.0) and I think it may have been due to a long path and/or long file name.
Selecting YouTube didn't work & creating a new sequence wasn't enough. I still had to shorten the file name for it to work.
I hope this helps somebody, somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good tip but doesn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines