• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Noise HLS Auto causing white screen

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to add a little grain/noise to my project with the Noise HLS Auto effect, and for some sequences it causes the screen to go totally white. I'm using a 2020 Mac Mini M1 16gb RAM, Premiere Pro v22.0

Didn't seem to have this problem on previous versions, and on my old 2012 Mac Mini. Wondering if this is a software issue or maybe a bug they haven't caught up to in the M1 versions. Or perhaps I'm doing something wrong with the effect? Anyone else have this issue?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that one of the ones in the "Obsolete" bin? I can't remember. I know those obsolete effects don't work well if at all with the M1 Macs.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, but the noise effect that isn't 'obsolete' also has this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point, we'd need someone like @Warren Heaton or @Kevin-Monahan with Mac experience to hop in.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would definitely appreciate your input! @Warren Heaton or @Kevin-Monahan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what would cause the picture to go totally white by applying Noice HLS Auto.  It sounds like something unexpected and specific to your project.

In the Squences where this is happening, is the effect applied to the Clips directly or to an Adjustment Layer?

What happens if you import some of the Clips in an affected Sequence into a new Project, start a new Sequence, and then apply Noise HLS Auto?

What other Effects, if any, are applied?

I have an M1 Mac mini and the only unexpected thing that happened was that I seem to have two instances of Noise HLS Auto installed somehow.  I tried applying it to a Clip and the Effect behaved as expected.

Premiere Pro Sequence with the Noise HLS Audio Effect applied to the second clip in the Sequence.Premiere Pro Sequence with the Noise HLS Audio Effect applied to the second clip in the Sequence.

PR Noise HLS Auto Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 3.54.14 PM.png

PR Noise HLS Auto Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 3.54.24 PM.png

You could try sending it to After Effects and applying Effect > Noise & Grain > Noize HLS Auto there.

On the AE side, I usually use Add Grain with the Tweaking values dialed down to 0.250 from 1.000 or Noise with the Amount of Noise at 2% to 5%; and sometimes Red Giant Magic Bullet Looks or Renoiser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The effect is being applied via an adjustment layer above all the other clips. I have tried muting every other effect on the clips to see if it would help, like maybe it was just that my hardware wasn't capable of doing it, but I still get the same issue.

The noise layer is on top of another adjustment layer with gauss blur applied to 100, opacity down to 10 - and then below that, on my source clips I have some basic color grading done with Lumetri. Like I said though, even with all these other effects muted, it doesn't seem to help.

I'll try importing the sequence into another project, hopefully it works out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello truevulture,

Sorry for the confusion and issues. I got to test your workflow with the M1 I have here in my home studio. It's a MacBook Pro first-gen M1 with 16 GB RAM. Similar to the Mac Mini's being referred to in this post.

KevinMonahan_0-1643850928743.png

I'm trying to add a little grain/noise to my project with the Noise HLS Auto effect, and for some sequences it causes the screen to go totally white.

Sorry, I am not seeing this issue. I am only seeing very similar to what Warren reported. 2 effects Willy! Maybe that's due to the Rosetta version? Not sure, I'll ask around.

KevinMonahan_1-1643850928742.png

Or perhaps I'm doing something wrong with the effect? Anyone else have this issue?

I don't think so. I have no trouble creating your effect here in my home office. I recommend testing the effect in a new sequence or a new sequence in a new project with different footage. 

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Warren & Kevin ... you guys are awesome.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines