• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Noisy Transitions

LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2013 Dec 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seems to be a new bug with the 7.2 update, such that audio transitions applied to the beginning of a clip will produce a very loud buzz, but only when you play from before the start of that clip.  If you start playback at the beginning of that clip, it seems to work fine.  It also does not seem to affect audio transitions between clips, or at the end of clips.

I'm seeing this using AVCHD media on Windows 7.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 19, 2013 Dec 19, 2013

7.2.1 update is now live. This update addresses the Intermittent Buzzing could occur on audio playback where audio transitions were present as well as other bugs. See more detailts here:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5945314#5945314

Best,

Peter Garaway

Adobe

Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 122 Replies 122
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2013 Dec 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha! "Paying" would have been more appropriate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's also a problem with OP1a MXF files. I get random red frames in those.

Really a embarrasing release. Isn't there any testing before that gets release and OVERWRITES a working version.

These are not exotic problems, we all encountered them the first day of working with it. So what are those betatesters doing?

__Peter__

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

7.2.1 update is now live. This update addresses the Intermittent Buzzing could occur on audio playback where audio transitions were present as well as other bugs. See more detailts here:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5945314#5945314

Best,

Peter Garaway

Adobe

Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2013 Dec 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. Just blew my eardrums out. Thanks. Good thing I wasnt having the client preview the timeline.

Looking forward to this rather nasty bug to be fixed ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2013 Dec 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is deafeningly loud! I had this happen over and over while a client was in the office viewing an edit! It seems to happen with every project we have. AVCHD files from a Canon C100. Our studio monitors are extremely loud with a blown out 0db noise coming from them!

I just did a clean install on my mac, so I didn't have a choice to choose an old version. I never update mid project, but with lousy CC I had no choice.

As other mentioned, happens only on transitions:

https://vimeo.com/82121149

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2013 Dec 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm writing this while my ears try to stop rinigng. Not sure if it's a new issue or a continuation of the old one. I just edited a clip in Audition and was reconnecting the clip in Premiere when I hit spacebar to play through the clip with the newly edited audio. Instead, it just blasted me with white noise at full volume. A moment later (~30 seconds after reconnecting) the clip refreshed in the timeline and the sound played like normal.

I think I'm going to start a new thread on this too, so Adobe sees it as a new issue with 7.2.1.

PS: My ears can't take much more of the abuse. I don't like loud noises, and I kinda need them in good condition to do my job well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2014 Jan 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirming continued issue on 7.2.1 (4) with noise in transitions upon exports.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2014 Feb 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How exactly are you exporting? That is, in Export Settings, are you clicking "Export" (which encodes "in-process" using Premiere's executable) or "Queue" (which sends the job to AME)?

If you're queuing to AME, please check the General tab of Preferences. If "Enable native Premiere Pro sequence import" is checked, please deselect it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion mark. I've deselected it, but i dont think it makes a difference either direct from premiere or through ame. But we've run so many different types of exports trying to get this thing to work that I've lost track of just about all our trial and error attempts.  Again, pardon my frustrations, but I've about just about had it with CC and a lack of service and am near cancelling my payments and going back to crappy AVID and FCP just so I can deliver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'continued' issue is actually a new one.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5998928

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, with all due respect, and please see through the frustration, but new or old issues, this is really really bad.  We are trying to crunch 9 one-hour national television episodes for a Monday (two days from today) due date, and here we are with hidden land-mines in our exports. We're not over here editing weddings and barmitzvahs, these are real world television schedules. We are very disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2014 Apr 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Premiere CC 7.2.1 and the issue is still present but only on the exported renders (using AME and directly from Premiere).  As you edit you don't hear the issue . Its only after final render out that you notice it.  Basically a huge time waster.

I'm still getting the shocking buzzing (ta.ta.ta.ta.ta.ta) noise through the transions from start of clips.    Now, I'm just not using the transitions and am instead keyframing manually.

Please, Adobe, please fix this issue for real.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2014 Apr 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the issue is still present

You need to uncheck the preference in AME as described. Verify that it is unchecked before you hit Start in AME.  (I've seen it not stick.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2014 Apr 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 7.2.2 update for AME that was released today includes a fix that should resolve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2016 Sep 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NOOOOOOO, you should be wrong! The issue stills in Premiere CC15.3!!!!  AND DRIVES ME CRAZYYYY! It's a shame Adobe! Just it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this with old projects or also with a brand new one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brand brand new!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, put your headphones on and listen this: (my exponential fade out)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dghbxlq0my5jouk/BUZZ.mp3?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the audio covered by video?

If not. put a transparant video or something simular over the audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And post your pref/hardware settings. Any other device attached to the computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an appalling, workflow-halting bug, no matter what Adobe cheerleader Jim Simon Says.

I'm having the same problem that dates back a half-decade from today, that buzzing during playback upon the insertion of a Constant Power crossfade.  No solution, ever.

I'm on the very latest 2017 update.

Adobe:  do you care?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever Contact Customer Care - Premiere Pro chat and asked for a video queue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Ann+Bens  wrote

Did you ever Contact Customer Care - Premiere Pro chat and asked for a video queue?

Yes. And yet that totally doesn't matter, when one case gets resolved (or in my case, totally doesn't).  This is a known bug and the most Adobe has said on the matter -- besides making any effort to fix it -- is to say, perhaps you imported a sequence from a prior version of Premiere.  With the regular cycles of Creative Cloud updates, who doesn't?  It's not acceptable, obviously, for every single minor software update to bring with it tons of excused bugs.  Adobe is either servicing its customers as a priority before adding new doodads, or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines