• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Off-center images ..?

Contributor ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find that when I export a Photoshop layer (as a png) and then import the png into a Premiere sequence (of the same dimensions), the image is almost never properly placed at the same relative coordinates as it is in Photoshop, and I have to go in and adjust its position manually.  Does anybody know the reason for this, and a fix? Thnx!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how are you importing it to the timeline? try to drag it from the project panel to the 'New Item' icon,

this will open a sequence with exactly the same proportions as the png

or right click it in the timeline and set to frame size

for more info refer here:

Importing still images into Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is everything set to Square Pixel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you're describing is really impossible unless...user error probably.

In the Program Monitor window in Premiere, is that set to FIT or some percentage? Should be FIT or may not be seeing the entire frame properly. Check the Pixel Aspect Ratio as Jim said for sure, that would cause an issue. If you create a 1920x1080 still with 1.0 PAR and edit in a 1920x1080 sequence with same PAR, no good reason image would be offset.

Please post screen shot of your Sequence Settings from Premiere

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Much thanks for the replies, folks!  This issue has actually perplexed me for years, on different projects, on different computers, with different software versions etc..  Yes my sequence is set to "Square pixel," my program monitor is set to "fit," and I made sure all the position values and anchor point values were identical..

If I want to export just a specific layer (right click on layer, Quick Export as PNG), I've had to resort to adding (transparent) dots in all 4 corners of the layer to make sure the rest of the content of the layer will be properly centered after importing it as a png into Premiere.. (this is faster than instead taking the time to deactivate all the other layers I don't wish to export), but sometimes even that doesn't work..  With that said, if I export everything currently visible as a png (file, export, quick export as png), it does look proper in Premiere, so my issue seems to stem from trying to export specific layers..

Here, in Premiere, is text and box exported from PS together vs. text and box exported from PS separately:

together.pngseparate.pngScreen Shot 2019-04-16 at 7.39.02 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

mIght not have set the aspect ratio correct in PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same relative coordinates as it is in Photoshop

I think this is why.

The layer which is now a png has no connection/relation to the original PSD anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can have a bunch of layers in PS and turn off the ones I don't want to see, and then export as PNG with alpha, and works every time. Unless he is exporting differently somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long winded version of what I do...

I have a 1080p project.

I want to put some title stuff somewhere in the movie ( which has dark area at top of frame so white letters will look nice )

I open PSD and start new file with transparent background.

New layer, fill will black, name it black

Now I can SEE white letters as I type and position in PSD

I finish and save the PSD.

I DELETE the black layer

Now I have white letters on transparent background ( so I can't really SEE the letters but I know they are there)

I SAVE AS PNG.

I use THAT png in my timeline on top of level where I want it to appear. I adjust fade in fade out, position if necessary, stretch out to fit area (time ) I want it there...

Done.

If I scale UP I will lose some resolution but it will remain exactly centered IF I NEVER REPOSITIONED IT TO BEGIN WITH.

good luck !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines