Its late~! The deadline is looming, you finally have everyting ready for that final render, press the render button and wait.... Then shock, the horror! Where are my "CAPTIONS" ADOBE?
What is the point of your new Captions Module if they dont render? What a waste of time. So now I see from the forum that there is a bug! Good grief, what a lack of RESPECT. I had to redo all my titles in the old title tool in order to get my film to the client on time...Very dissapointing.
[title edited by mod]
Did you try exporting from Premiere to see if captions are exporting from Premiere Pro or not? And did you cross-checked that option to include the open caption in selected in the export settings
Yes I cross checked, but all the rest is not my job really, I am an end user not being paid by Adobe to do Quality Control am I.....They know its a bug but have no problem selling it/
Yes, frustrating. If this is the bug that results in captions burning in/embedding when exporting directly from PR and not when queued to Media Encoder, there is workaround. In AME preferences, make sure "Import Sequences Natively" is checked BEFORE you queue in PR/import from within AME.
When you open the export window search for "Subtitles" tab and then select "export options -> burn subtitles on video"
I have tried this method and it doesn't work for me. I can work within Premiere but when I export to Media Encoder my captions aren't in the export.
Using an iMac, 5K 27-inch, 2015.
AMD Radion R9M395X 4Gb
Latest version of Creative Cloud.
By "this method" you mean setting AME to "import sequences natively"? Have you tried exporting directly from PR?
Yes I have. To have these issues it really annoying. It works directly from PP, but not in Media Encoder. But yet Adobe want us to migrate to Media Encoder? This not what my £50 a month goes on!
Thanks. This was reported as fixed for PC and Mac. And it works for me (PC). What specific dot version of PR and AME? What Mac OS? The workaround should work, even if the bug is not fixed.
Using an iMac, 5K 27-inch, 2015.
AMD Radion R9M395X 4Gb
The latest versions. The first time I done Subtitles and it sucks in Premiere . Final Cut is better for editing. Im swaying!
Thanks. The "latest versions" changes, so please confirm you are on 2019.0.3.
There have been added features and/or bug fixes for captions in many recent updates.
I'm totally sure, when I export with Subs they don't appear within Media Encoder.
And while Im at it - I can't put safe lines with metal rendering. I cannot export to MP4's because I get green screen. STILL I get memory leaks with After Effects.
This is still an issue. Checking "import natively" in media encoder does nothing. I have 15 videos I need to render out one at a time right now because this issue is still not fixed 4 years after being reported. Fantastic customer support Adobe.
I'm facing the same problem too... Open captions doesn't get burned to media when i export to media encoder.
Export from PP works fine... Wondering what the problem is. I'm using the latest PP CC
This still is a real problem. I can't batch export multiple videos because of this. Doing them one by one in Premiere is the only solution. And not a pleasant one if have to manually export dozens of videos one by one. This "workaround" does nothing. I've tried on mac en windows, both not exporting captions in AME. Please fix this.
Still a problem here!!
Keep reporting this problem. It is still listed as fixed several versions back. For your reports, please tell us your OS, and your specific dot versions of PR and AME. And whether it works (or does not) if you select "import natively" in the AME preferences. That change must be made before you queue from PR.
The workaround of keeping the "native" preference always worked for me (and still does). But I understand it does not work for some of you. And that makes it a really big problem.
It wiil be fixed?
This is still a very problem. I have a new client 100 short videos all with captions.
ive sent big reports to no avail. Any response Adobe?
Adobe reported it fixed, but we think it was not. Can't be certain that there is not more than one problem.
Please indicate whether your version of the problem is worked asround by setting AME to "import sequences natively." That has always worked for me. For other users, neither variation works, in which case the only workaround is exporting from PR (one at a time).
Note that there is another problem when there is an After Effects dynamic link in the sequence being exported. In that case, native and nonnative AME settings do not work. The workaround is to replace the AE DL with a rendered version.
Please let us know.
I'm running into this problem, a month later. I have six videos I need to export with captions. "Import sequences natively" was checked before I imported them into AME from PR. I also ran into the well-reported "AME running abysmally slowly" issue on this project, so one of the videos took all night to export, only to end up without captions. Time to start exporting manually.
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel Core i7-5960X
GeForce GTX 980 Ti
So I compleetly wiped my hard disk (Winter clean up) and I installed a fresh OSX (Catalina) and then all my usual software and CC.
If I load up newer project files this is no longer an issue and I can export as a batch into media encoder and it will burn on the captions (I use SRT files from Rev).
I imported sequences from Adobe Encoder as well and it did not work. Had to do it manually from Premier Pro. What a waste of time.
Adobe Media Encoder 2017
Premier Pro 2017.0.2