• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open Captions bug: placement is off even after fixing it once

New Here ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I upgraded Premiere to 2017.1 release, I have had all kinds of problems with my captions. After the upgrade, all my captions were moved off center. I can manually move them back, one by one, but when I save and come back to the project, they would once again be positioned off center.

Furthermore, trying to apply styles to the captions has been very frustrating. Many of the features (such as assigning an outline color) work initially, but then stops working after a while.

Please let me know if there is a fix for this.

Below is an example of how a multi-line caption changed after the upgrade. Fixing it would work, but when I save and re-open the project, it would revert back to this change.

Screen Shot 2017-05-09 at 6.31.29 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks; got it. I have not tested that. How much is "a bit"?

Is this at all related to frames vs milliseconds and/or 23.976 vs 24 fps? It will be a while before I can look at this. For example, see this thread:

Re: Converted (.SRT -> Encore Subtitle text script) never Sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"A bit" is just miliseconds, and most of the time you would not notice it - just if you have another language (or SRT import) subtitle synced to it you immediately realize that they pop up not "in sync".  All comps/Sequences are 24fps. WIll check out this thread as well, but I don´t think it´s about an FPS problem because everything´s fine until Premiere saves and reloads the file.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds familiar. I did not understand it, but I suspected a problem such as PR (and other programs) applies a default such as 24.000fps to .srt files (or the like), even if the sequence was 23.976, and there was no way to actually adjust it. Thus the percentage speed change in that link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same Problem here.. add open captions, using the same framerate as my sequeence.. Add all the text perfectlysynced to audio and cuts between takes.. CLose project.. reopen.. everyhing is moved to the left by some frames.. and all the tedious work meticulously syncing is lost..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines