• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open Captions not working when exporting to AME

Contributor ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to export a sequence with a open captions block attached using Adobe Media Encoder.

The exported file does not have the captions burnt in. I can see that the captions is not attached also in the preview window of AME. I have tried setting captions to "burn into video" in the captions panel in the export window.

Using Adobe Premiere CC 2017.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 150 Replies 150
Contributor ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Terrible. That includes

Exporting right from PP not working?

Turning subs off and on again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I managed one export with subs after changing audio to 44.1K but haven't been able to do it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on CC2018?

Somebody from Adobe should really respond to this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a whole load of sequences to export - same problem. I thought the new 2018 update would fix it, but it didn't.

Same as a lot of people here, I'm having to export them one by one from Premiere.

Please can we have a fix - it's already been reported as far as I can see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stefan, I'm not sure which engineers you "alerted" back in SEPTEMBER 2017, but they should be fired.  This problem has been a known problem for well over a year.  It has not been addressed and the result is that designers are spending (wasting) additional time.

Whereas, the software is not performing to 100% of its advertised ability, I would like to formally request a partial refund retroactive for one year (January 1, 2017) on my subscription to compensate me for the additional time that is required to export files one by one instead of using the AME.

If Adobe is not willing to provide a partial refund to me, and ALL OTHERS in this forum thread, I would then ask if we happen to have any lawyers in this group or perhaps a family member who is a lawyer, to launch a class action suit on a contingency basis.

I have a simple motto:  "You get what you tolerate."    And I'm tired of tolerating complacency and incompetency.

But I'm only one voice.  Is anyone else interested in adding their name to a class action lawsuit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stefan what is the status of the fix?  It's now almost April and the problem persists. 

I exported the media to burn in the caption and then had to stop it.  When I got back into premiere the screen shows the default text, "Type Caption Text Here", although the captions are still intact in the caption window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have an update. Your recent post prompted me to post to the engineering team about it (with a link to this forum thread) but I got no reply yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stefan,

I updated to the newest version of Premiere Pro and AME and am currently trying to output a bunch of videos with burned in open captions. I'm on a Windows 10 PC. As before, queuing it to AME means no captions appear in the final video. Could you let me know, when this is going to get fixed, as this is something so simple, but so crucial, when you have a quick turnaround.

Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's Adobe so the timeline for this getting fixed is either never, or after enough people drop their subscriptions to prompt them to get their shit together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use the new bug reporting tool: Adobe video & audio apps feedback

You can search through issues and track the progress of logged bugs/issues. It's not a black box where you never hear back. You could paste a link to this forum thread in your post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Stefan, and no disrespect to you personally but when something has been an issue for so long (along with other issues) and certainly multiple other users have already submitted it to the list of known issues and there has still been no progress, it is hard to not feel as though fixing these things is not a priority for Adobe.  And that, in turn, leads one to wonder why.  Let's be totally honest - the CC model was not about giving consumers a choice (because there is no choice, it's either pay monthly rent for the software or don't use it at all), it was about providing Adobe a steady flow of income.  It also creates an environment where Adobe's incentive to keep the products working well is outweighed by their incentive to reel in new subscribers.  The fancy new features that come with each major update no doubt trigger new signups, but what happens when they use it for awhile and discover things about the programs that simply don't work?  Users who would have ditched the software long ago due to its bugs (and who wouldn't have paid $2000 for the next Creative Suite back in those days but would have been able to open old projects in CS4, 5 or 6 indefinitely) instead stick with it because that project from only a couple months ago will be rendered useless if they drop their subscription.  And thus, the incentive for Adobe to fix these bugs in order to keep them from walking is eliminated and things like this go un-fixed for months, if not years.

That, I believe, is the root of this problem and why I suggest that nothing will happen until enough people speak up.  And the loudest statement the users can make on the matter is the click of their cancellation buttons.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a black box where you never hear back. You could paste a link to this forum thread in your post.

Unlike this thread which kind of is a black box where we never hear back.

At your suggestion, I've voted up two issues at your link and replied with links back to this thread. I've got to say, I've been patient with this up till now but it's costing me untold hours of productive time and impacting my livelihood in a significant way.

@stefan, what more do we have to do to get an engineer to address our repeated requests for a solution to this significant issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chrisf36002334  wrote

Unlike this thread which kind of is a black box where we never hear back.

Touché! Well, the purpose of the new site is to give visibility to issues like these.

@Chris and @Nick: I appreciate your professionalism in the forum; it encourages me to actually try to help pass the word on to people who know more than I do. I am not on the engineering team but I emailed people on it awhile ago. I heard back from someone who said he'd file a bug so they could track it internally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Stefan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to take a moment and acknowledge that @stefan has connected me with a developer offline and they are attempting to recreate the issue on their end.

No results yet, but I'm grateful to know they are looking into the issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to see this is still on their radar.  We often need to version out up to seven languages.  Annoying not to be able to use AME

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris: Engineering was able to reproduce the problem using your sample project file. They have issued a bug ID and will track it. They are looking into how to fix it — but they caution that even if they do provide a fix, it may not cover all variants of the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing all of the above problems when trying to render projects with captions using Adobe Media Encoder. The simple work-around is to just render directly from within Premier. At the bottom of the Export Setting window click on Export instead of Queue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I've got 6 exports to do, each in 6 languages and there's simply not enough hours in the day to do them individually withing Premier. Did a test export with closed captions clicked on and exports fine within Premier CC itself, but as soon as I send the export to Media composer, the captions don't export!

Adobe, this problem has been going on for month and still no fix. Please can you resolve this.  as for any of us working with lots of captions, this is an absolute nightmare!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the end I exported from Premiere and tried to get on with stuff I was doing in Ae while I waited.

Bummer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bummer indeed. Thanks Lenny and let's hope they fix this soon - life is just too short to sit staring at encode bars when it's not necessary. Please please Adobe, sort this out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please document the issue here: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, so I see that you may have the problem taken care of, but I wanted to reply my fix in case the previously mentioned fixes don't work for others like they didn't for me.

I've been working on getting this to work for the last couple days, trying every possible thing I could and I think I FINALLY figured it out.

Just get your export(s) ready, and send them to AME.  Once in there, either individually or by selecting all (can't test it right now, but there may be a problem with different exports from the same sequence at different timecodes), click on the 'Preset' and go to the Captions page.  Change it from Burn Captions Into Video to None, and then change it back again.  **EDIT** I just learned you have to change from Burn Captions Into Video to None and Back again for each, you can not do them all at once. **EDIT**

I've done this about 10 times since figuring it out, and it's worked every single time!

I really hope this helps at least one person.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davidmblomquist: Thanks for taking the time to post your own fix to this problem.

All: If you could please chime in with your own results following his steps, I think we should change the official "correct answer" for this forum topic thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines