Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open captions

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I'm working in 1920x 1080, and the open captions look awful. Super pixelated and appear to have partial black edge in places. Have looked through the old threads and tried the various work arounds suggested, but nothing works.

When I try adding any kind of edge to the captions the text dissapears completely. Scaling up the font size and then scaling down the caption layer leaves the text cropped. 

Any suggestions other than reworking the entire video in titles???

Thanks

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue with .srt I imported from Trint. I fixed it by adjusting the import setting when you open captionsScreenshot 2020-01-23 at 4.43.15 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I've already played with the import settings (in desperation), but these are open captions I've just created in Premiere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Burn in quality suffers in Open Captions, but nothing nearly as bad as you are describing. And I have not seen the "disappearing text" when using an edge. Just the spikes that I belive is still an issue.

Quality may vary by font.

One of the best workarounds I saw was to make the caption stream higher resolution and then scale. For exampe, if you are using a 1920x1080 sequence, modify the captions stream so that it is 3840x2160. You'll need to position the caption to the middle to see it. Then change text size to what you need. Position using Effect Controls panel.

Let us know what you see. A screenshot may help.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines