• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Label colours appear to have inverted in Premiere Pro

New Here ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have opened Premiere Pro today to find all the label colours in my timeline appear to be inverted. The lighter colour is now the main body of the clip and the darker colour is now the waveform. I have tried to go through all the different label group styles. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application. Does anyone know how to get this back to the default colours. 

I have attached an image of what it should look like and what it looks like now.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

HI everyone -

This is not actually a bug. It is the intended behavior when your label colors are brighter than a certain amount. When that is the case, we will make the waveform darker than the background instead of lighter. Most of the label colors in the "Classic" or "Vibrant" are bright enough to trigger this appearance. The "Default" ones are not. So if you don't like the look, the solution is to choose one of the more muted themes or to manually adjust your label colors to a darker color.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

First, I want to thank you all again for your feedback and comments. We are actively listening and working to address the issues you've raised. I'd like to provide an overview of some of the concerns we've heard so far, to clarify what constitutes a bug and what does not.

Color Text Labels Inverted: Indeed, we've encountered a bug regarding the inversion of color text labels in this latest release. Our team is working diligently to address this issue promptly. In past releases, when a user picke

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 244 Replies 244
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your suggestion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2024 May 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue how do I fix this bs? You find anything to revert back to old?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've wasted half an hr changing label color preferences. Horrible update, shame on you for releasing it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If ain't broke........ I agree that you should give us at least a preset for the old look..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @Xhr1stt . I already logged this. I'll keep you all updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated today and very frustrated that the palette that I've used for literally almost 2 decades has changed. Can't see my audio waveforms, even with the classic update. Insane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an eye sore that i'd like reverted. Please dont tell me im out of luck.

Nic27318083ts20_0-1716574025421.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest release of Premiere Pro, new features summary

You can revert to previous version 24.3 if you wish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2024 May 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE (with Instructions) - for anyone who wants the old look:

On mac - click 'Premiere Pro' (top left next to apple logo) > 'Settings' > 'Labels' > Bottom right of the pop up box: 'Label Colour Presets': Change to CLASSIC

Upvote to help others see? (Does that push it to the top? I have no idea...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try and test your tip before posting it here as a solution. This below as you suggest is not the old look.Screenshot 2024-05-25 at 9.44.41 AM.png 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HERE IS THE ANSWER EVERYONE!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last update (24.4.1) this is how my timeline looks now: 

I have Intel GPU.

Tried reinstalling and installing a past version but now I'm stuck with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue,

I've contact Adobes support, I was advised it was an issue on my end, when in reality, this is doing it on multiple other devices I have. I haven't found a solution, I've attached screenshots of what my Timeline looks like when I've attempted to set them to "Classic" I've also set the labels on my own to hopefully fix it & make the timeline some-what usuable.

Have also added a screenshot of what premiere pro looks like when dragging a fresh file in. 

If there is any solution, Ide appreciate it.

help1.pnghelp2.pnghelp3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A classic Adobe Support response: blame it on the user. Shameful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's like they forget this form exists LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also kindly ask for the option to revert back to old. 

For me, it's about heirarchy of information. In an NLE video editor, waveforms are important, but secondary to clips and cuts. IMO, clips and cuts should have most the most contrast to surrounding elements, followed by waveforms.... not vice versa. 

This is a dealdbreaker for me - please allow option to revert back, which was perfect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moreover, I feel like a lot of us who migrated from Avid to Final Cut to premiere did so because of the choices and customization Premiere offered. 

Choice and customization are still some of the strengths of Premiere, even over Da Vinci, so it'd be great if you could preserve those with the colors. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was confused because I have a named and saved preset for a custom set of labels / colors, and today all of a sudden they showed up super dark and different. I was able to fix it in the Labels > Preferences window by selecting my preset at the bottom and clicking "Revert label color preset", then it put the colors back to what they were.

Though they still show differently in the timeline which I guess I'll just have to get used to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, I had to revert back to 24.3 today. After spending 15 minutes with the new timeline, it's not better. It's changed, it's different, but it's not better. If anything, like a ton of other people have suggested, there should be a preset available that makes the timeline look exactly like 24.3, not just sort-of like the colors and feel of 24.3 by selecting classic from the labels drop down, but the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a reason people say, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".   It's because it's a simple truth.

1) The inverted label colors are very hard to look at. I need to be able to easily see the waveform on multiple mic tracks for subframe syncing and it is much harder now.

2) When I select and highlight tracks, It is almost impossible to tell that they are selected because they go from light colored to light colored.  It is an imperceptible change. This is not new and improved, it's new and flawed. I find myself reslecting and reselecting to see if I have selected the tracks in question and straining my eyes to see if they are selected or not. Never had to do that in the past 20 years of NLE editing.

3) Adobe says the change is for improved legibility. However, Audiiton has light waveform on a dark background and it is much much easier to see. That's why they correctly designed it that way. Why is Premiere contradicting the well-established and sensible visual theme that Audition is using? Has Audition really been wrong this whole time?  I don't think so.

4) And no, I don't want to change the color scheme I have been using for the past 12 years. I had a system that worked great. Premiere had a system that worked great. Perhaps there are some who prefer this new look depending on the custom colors they use.  Ok. Please just allow the option for users to choose the waveform contrast theme they prefer. Premiere allows you to adjust the contrast of window backgrounds so can't this also be done with the waveform label colors?  Then we can all be happy.

5) The audio label text inverting depending on tone level of the background label is great.  That genuinely qualifies as a new and improved feature. Thank you for this. That is a real solution to a problem that all users can appreciate.

PS: To users RE custom label colors:  Always snapshot the Pantone color code of your custom label colors so you can manually reset them if an when Adobe Preferences inadvertently or advertently change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with this all the way. PLEASE REVERT!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aggravating. i had a working label system from your default. i don't mind a change, but tan/yellow/brown/mango are indistinguishable to me by default and i'm not even color blind Screenshot 2024-05-28 at 2.47.58 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also dislike how when a clip is selected in the timeline, there is not much that tells you it is selected. In the older version, the clip would have a thick white border around it, and an audio track would turn the audio white. In this new version, it is a very thin white border around the selected clip, which you can hardly see. I also think the audio track labels for L, R, and fx are larger, so when I am trying to cut a clip, those labels make it hard to see the edge of the timeline. They should put those not as close to the edge so you can see where to cut audio clips better. 

Overall, strongly disliked this update so much that I reverted back to the old version. I tried changing the colors back to the original ones, but those were not the same. I then tried choosing my own colors from an image search of old PR label colors, and because of the issue with inverting, it still looked horrible. They better not force us to change to this new version until all the issues are fixed. Instead of forcing the change on everyone, give people the option to opt-in to the new colors that are supposed to help with eye strain. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I had the same problem. The solution to the color swap in the labels was simple, just follow these steps:

Premier Pro- Settings- Labels-Label color preset-classic 

Screenshot 2024-05-29 at 9.33.33 AM.png

Classic:

Screenshot 2024-05-29 at 9.34.13 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines