Exit

Pixelated frame in exported file adobe premiere

Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

problem

I have recorded a gameplay video with OBS. When I watch the unedited file everything is fine, even if I watch it in premier pro. But when I export it via premiere pro the edited file has a pixelated moment. It only happens one time in the video for around a second. It's  the moment when going from in game menu to playing the game. 

what I've tried

Because the file was variable frame rate I changed it to constant frame rate via Handbrake (Setting it to 60 FPS constant framerate in handbrake). 

When I used the new constant frame rate file in premier pro. I exported it to 60 FPS as well but the problem is still there.

I've added a photo of the pixelated moment.

May one of you help me with this? 

Thank you in advance. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Premiere Pro forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you cut out that section of the video in the timeline and export?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New experience

When I export a small part of the sequence, the pixelation disappears. 

When I export the whole sequence again the problem is back. 

(above is based on 30Mbps target and 60Mbps max with vbr 2 pass)

Problem seems solved but why?

Same file (handbraked file with CRF 60 fps) but this time exported with target 50 Mbps and max 60 Mbps vbr 2 pass.

The pixelated frame is gone when exporting the whole sequence. 

How is this possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I used the same source file and exported two new videos. The first has the settings of 50 Mbps and max 60 Mbps vbr 2 pass. The second has the settings of 30 Mbps and max 60 Mbps vbr 2 pass. 

The first has no pixelation and the second does have the pixelation. 

The file is a 2560x1440P resolution video. 

Any ideas as of why this happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May one of you help me with this? 

By @Chi5C80

How does the same file look at the same place in a third pary media player such as VLC or PotPlayer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The exported file shows the same pixelation in VLC player as well as in Windows Media player and Window's Movies & TV player. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. Ultimately, the only thing that's worked is exporting the individual clips, as well as the entire movie, and bringing them all into Final Cut Pro for the export. Has anyone found a better solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same problem. 

Has anyone found a better solution?

By @NemoRoman

I just saw that i missed to answer @Chi5C80 but here is what i would have done:

Download the freeware app Shutter Encoder encoding|converting video FREE PC|Mac and install it. Open the source file in Shutter Encoder and under "Choose function" choose "Rewrap". In this screen dump i choosed to rewrap it to .mp4 but you can choose .mov if thats the extenstion you have on the file today.

This will rewrap the file and it´s fast. This will also, for some reason, make the file easier for Premiere Pro´s h.264 importer to read the file and thus avoiding random pixelated frames. 

Averdahl_0-1653657308158.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines