Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playback Issues on Premiere Pro CC 2015

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am currently having major playback issues on Premiere Pro, as in it's not playing back at all. This was working perfectly on the previous version.

I have tried re-installing it, and I have done the Mercury Playback Setting change that I found else where in the forums but I am still having issues, can any one shed a light on this please?

Thanks,

Lewis.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Hello VGA Grayster,

I am currently having major playback issues on Premiere Pro, as in it's not playing back at all. This was working perfectly on the previous version.

EDIT: Please install the Premiere Pro CC 2015 (9.0.1) update. It fixes most playback issues covered in this thread.

If the update does not solve the playback issue you were having on a current project, try a new project and see if playback returns to normal. For any other issues with the update, please create a new pos

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 263 Replies 263
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get back to software that actually works before I lose my company Kevin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello infobill,

How do I get back to software that actually works before I lose my company Kevin?

I'm very sorry that your software is not working as expected. You can reinstall Premiere Pro CC 2014 by following these instructions. If you have anything you'd like to tell me, you can certainly PM me at any time. Even better would be to open a case with Adobe Support.

Keep in mind that this is primarily a user to user forum with sporadic participation by Adobe employees, who are mostly volunteering their time. For a guaranteed response from Adobe, please contact Adobe Support.

This thread is about solving playback issues. If you are also experiencing playback issues, feel free to post details about your system and media. If that is the case, I hope I can help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having lots of issues with 2015 here. Very frustrating for a smaller business where time is money... Struggling to playback. If I move clips the beach ball will appear and it'll then crash. Crashed about 15 times this morning. Reinstalling 2014 till it's fixed.

OS X Yosemite 10.10.2

iMac 27 inch Late 2014

4 GHz Intel Core i7

32 GB 1600 MHz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi J Jones,

Having lots of issues with 2015 here.

On new projects or updated CC 2014 projects? If you are struggling on playback, and it is a new project, have you tried any of the potential solutions on this thread?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2015 Jul 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is creepy, I have the same issue... I really don't know how to fix it.. 2 month working in a project.... I have a deadline for tomorrow... who going to pay for this...?.. Just me.. I know.

how Adobe offer an update that it's not ready?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any multichannel sequences in your timeline?

--

Brian Nunes

Worldtree Films, LLC

www.worldtreefilms.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep... a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2015 Jul 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try rendering the audio in all the multicam sequence timelines

--

Brian Nunes

Worldtree Films, LLC

www.worldtreefilms.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2015 Jul 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well.. I can not describe all that I was did to explore a new way to rescue the project....install... uninstall...export project to a mac..etc etc.... 8hs late... This is what was work for me.

1- Change sequences settings... everyone should be exactly the same. (in my case as a matrox user was I-frame) Look like is not possible mix sequences settings in the same project. (with this change I was feel my PC coming back) but some sequences doesn't work yet.

2 - Then, take your time, render the audios in all sequences... including multicams.

3- After that, render all sequences videos.

(I'm working with a Matrox MXO2 LE - Mother Asus, Intel extreme 3.3 overclock  - 24gbRam DDR3 1900mhz - Ati readom 2gb video).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same issues.  Im 2 weeks new to this program coming from FCP 7 and having no problems at all until yesterday.

First, Premiere 2015 freezes up during a Rendering in the timeline.  A Go Pro MPG4 clip in my timeline 'supposedly corrupt ' was freezing Premiere during Rendering at the same section in the timeline on the exact same clip. 

I have uninstalled, restarted, installed, restarted, talked with 2 reps who mirrored my screen and finally figured out it may be my GO PRO clip corrupt even though the entire clip is viewable in Quicktime Player.  4 hours of my day was dealing with this yesterday and now a new problem today with Playback

Today, my Aerial drone footage will not play back smoothly, the video is the same codec as my timeline with no rendering necessary.  It plays back for a few seconds and then is choppy resulting in Preview monitor freeze.  This is a major issue. 

Imac Version 10.10.4

27" Mid 2011

3.4 GHZ Intel Core i7

32GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Macintosh HD

AMD RADEON HD 6970M 2048 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try transcoding your corrupt footage to another codec.  Pr revolts at corrupt footage.   If that doesn't fix it, install Pr CC 2014 and work with that until the fix come for CC 2015, which has been hinted at sometime in July.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I talked with a technical support rep earlier about this playback lagging issue and he stated it should come in a week or so.   Clients don't care about technical issues such as these.  How do we send Adobe an Invoice for $$$ lossed for purchasing an Adobe product that can't function properly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you have your iMac custom outfitted with your AMD Radeon HD 6970? Why are you using a 6970M (mobile version)? 6970M is not on ADobe’s list of officially supported cards for hardware acceleration.

Do you have issues with other programs?

--

Brian Nunes

Worldtree Films, LLC

www.worldtreefilms.com <http://www.worldtreefilms.com/>

PH: 832-421-1424

EM: bnunes@worldtreefilms.com <mailto:bnunes@worldtreefilms.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I¹m not to sure why its a 6970M. This is how I purchased the computer

through Apple. I believe at the time it was the premium option. Up until

recently, I haven¹t had any issues with Adobe products, which basically

started with the CC 2014 release. I did work those issues out with CC 2014,

though it required me to a periodic fix with permissions (if I remember

correctly. I don¹t know if Adobe keeps track of all Help Desk requests, but

this is how I initially resolved the issue).

I use Photo Shop and Illustrator quite a bit, but did not have issues with

those programs until the CC 2015. I had slow performance issues with

Illustrator CC 2015, where the longer I worked on a project the slower each

individual task would progressively take longer to accomplish. However,

with a recent update (in the last 10 days) that issues has since been

resolved and I have no further issues with Illustrator. As of yet, I have

not had any issues with Photoshop.

It might be of note that I just uninstalled and reinstalled Premiere Pro and

prior to reinstalling, ran a permissions repair on the computer. I¹m ready

to dive back into the project so I¹ll let you know if that has made for any

improvement.

As far as the processor being a mobile version, I was not aware that was the

case, but it could have something to do with the iMac¹s architecture. I¹m

not really a computer guy, so I can really address that with any authority.

I trust Apple would not charge more for an option that wasn¹t appropriate

for the machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fair enough. It’s strange that the mobile version isn’t on the officially supported list of cards yet 2014 works fine.

The 2015 update should fix a lot of issues. Seems strange 2015 would be released without being fully vetted.

--

Brian Nunes

Worldtree Films, LLC

www.worldtreefilms.com <http://www.worldtreefilms.com/>

PH: 832-421-1424

EM: bnunes@worldtreefilms.com <mailto:bnunes@worldtreefilms.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like a trend these days. Rush to release an new version or update,

then deal with the fall out later. Apple just stepped in with their music

streaming service!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found this bit of information thanks to your query about my Graphics

Card:

http://9to5mac.com/2013/08/16/apple-opens-graphics-card-replacement-program-

for-some-mid-2011-imacs/

I¹m wondering, and maybe you could give me your opinion, on whether this

might be part of the issues I¹m having?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you could I would suggest swapping it out.  In my opinion an nVidia card is your best option since they seem to work more closely with Adobe than Apple does.

Supposedly Adobe is looking into using Apple’s native API called Metal which should improve compatibilty, stability and speed but that could be years away.

--

Brian Nunes

Worldtree Films, LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that was a recent notice from Apple, from March I believe, so I will be

looking into.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,

I am having many of the same issues discussed here. 

Here is my system information:

iMac 27" with 3.4ghz Intel Core i7 processor

16gb 1333 MHz DDR3 memory

AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 Graphics processor

OSX 10.10.4

This issue is very frustrating and has cause many delays in my workflow.  I find that with every update, there are increasingly more problems.  I finally had CC2014 running smoothly after some help from support, but when I upgraded to CC2015, I did not know that the previous version would be deleted.  I have found it useful to have the previous version available, but I was never informed by Adobe as to this recent change in the way Creative Cloud works.  I think a courtesy email to all subscribers would have been appropriate.

Here are other issues I have encountered with this release:  When using the move tool to move a clip, the time line would zoom way out, making precise placement of the clip impossible.   Video playback stopping while audio play back continues.  Audible "clicks" where a piece of audio is cut (doesn't appear in final out put, but drives one crazy thinking it might be an actual audio artifact.  Media export dialogue box will not allow me to queue up a sequence.  Clip appearing as "unavailable" if it has been cut in the timeline.

Hope that helps, because I really have to start considering other options for an editing platform.  I feel that monkeying around with "work arounds" is not what I'm paying $600 a year in a CC Subscription.  I would implore Adobe to hold off on new releases until they have been worked out completely.  THis latest fiasco is extremely frustrating....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 22, 2015 Jul 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin-Monahan wrote:

It's a good idea. Again, I recommend all users complete CC 2014 projects until they are complete. Do not update projects to CC 2015. Again, it is not good editing protocol to ever update project files until they are complete.

Hope that helps,

Kevin

This is such a ridiculous expectation. I have jobs and clients from 3 or more years ago that want to update and re-edit existing commercials and docs. Am I supposed to wait until they die before I upgrade?

I am sitting here after another reboot of 2015...audio will not play....constantly cuts out....I have clients sitting behind me asking "what are we doing now?" "what's the problem"?

This program is an embarrassment...and it's embarrassing me in from of my clients. You really need to take the "Pro" out the the title of the program. It's nowhere near pro. I'm paying $50 a month to trouble shoot your software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto.  A large portion of my work is updating commercials for clients - - -

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export sequences to xml ... then import an open with cc2014 ... probably need to adjust and redo a few edits... but with clients on my shoulders was my best solution.

Unacceptable adobe by 3-4 weeks on this issue have not answers!

I'll move to avid again soon.

Pablo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unacceptable adobe by 3-4 weeks on this issue have not answers!

If the workarounds for playback are not working for you, we have an update coming shortly. Very sorry for the delay.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The funny thing about this advice from Adobe is that its not really applicable to these bugs. They're happening in brand new 2015 projects as well. In fact I opened up a 2014 project to try out the new grading tools and had no problems with that project. Yet when I began a new project in 2015 I had bugs everywhere!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines