Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playback Issues on Premiere Pro CC 2015

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am currently having major playback issues on Premiere Pro, as in it's not playing back at all. This was working perfectly on the previous version.

I have tried re-installing it, and I have done the Mercury Playback Setting change that I found else where in the forums but I am still having issues, can any one shed a light on this please?

Thanks,

Lewis.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Hello VGA Grayster,

I am currently having major playback issues on Premiere Pro, as in it's not playing back at all. This was working perfectly on the previous version.

EDIT: Please install the Premiere Pro CC 2015 (9.0.1) update. It fixes most playback issues covered in this thread.

If the update does not solve the playback issue you were having on a current project, try a new project and see if playback returns to normal. For any other issues with the update, please create a new pos

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 263 Replies 263
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this? I am having this exact same issue and have tried every quick fix posted here. Premiere is unusable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If your read the thread you will see that the adobe solution at this time for this is to go back to CC 2014 ver 8.2.  After you install this old version you need to export your project to FCP.  Open the project in FCP then export it as an XML file.  After you do that you need to import the XML back to CC 2014.  Just be aware this is not a clean solution as FCP does not recognize all of the effects that you added to your project in Premiere.

I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a reason it has to be bounced to FCP7? I haven't "upgraded" us to CC2015; have things changed? We've typically just File>Export>Final Cut Pro XML'ed to send our projects to older versions of Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so, that is the way I did it.  If it worked for you the way you are describing it, then I would assume it will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 13, 2015 Nov 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elie101 wrote:

After you install this old version you need to export your project to FCP.  Open the project in FCP then export it as an XML file.  After you do that you need to import the XML back to CC 2014.

You don't need to import the project into FCP.  You just export your project or sequence from CC 2015 in the FCP XML format, which you can import into a Pr CC 2014 project.  You'll still lose effects and possibly some mix automation or audio levels changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2015 Dec 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope this helps...

My original config was a Dual Xeon with 64GB, Quadro and Tesla MAXIMUS.

It was slow so I changed to a single GTX680 and its newest drivers.

Everything was super.

Changed back, because the GTX680 is mine and wanted it at home not at work.

After loading in every Quadro driver at Nvidia, couldn't play timeline.

I reinstalled the Nvidia 359.06 driver, not for Quadro, but for the standard GTX 680 series, and reinstalled the Tesla too, and now everything is back to smooth sailing.

GPU-Z does not know the Tesla card is installed, but as is, the CUDA is working on the Quadro and all acceleration is working too.

I think CC2015 was having a tough time getting info through the drivers to both cards.

Good Luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue was corrupted playback of 4K video files.  I finally learned that my NVIDIA GeForce GTX560M was not compatible with  4K.  The problem lies not inside PPro CC (at least I hope so) but in the absence of a 4K compatible graphics card such as NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980/970/960 series.

So first upgrade your system which probably means a brand new laptop and then afterwards suscribe to PPro CC.

The few notebooks on the markett now with such graphic card suffer from the latest notebookdisease: incredibly thin (what for?) and NO optical drive, which a need to burn my 4K videoproduction in a lower resolution also to DVD and BluRay.  So I wait untill ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a problem drugging the video to the timeline, I need 2 video to drug before I can drug. if somebody can help me please let me know, I need to back before I drug video into the time even 1 video clips

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 25, 2015 Dec 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not the first post I read on a subject like this one, but that does it. I have to say that all in all Adobe CC 2014 and a specially 2015(!), AE, PS, Pr suffer from bad responses when it comes to real time playback and previews.

I tried it on windows7,8,10 and nothing, no matters what Nvidia Drivesr I tried -Nothing. CS6(!!!) software was always working grate!

Please note, Ive tested AE, Premiere and Photoshop.

I know that my reply to this topic seams dull, but it is just because I have been to many posts like this one and the only thing that is seams to be common to them all

is Adobe inability to solve basic problems that should never been appeared in the first place. CC 2015 suffers from crashes, bad memory management and realtime responses and should never been made public more than a BETA. It was very irresponsible from Adobe to release it as a stand alone!

I work with CS6 lots of my friend with CC2013.

I could not hold my self: Still waiting for at least, normal integration between AE and Encoder, but it seemed more important to integrate Water Mark options than fix the Rendering workflow Adobe so Creatively Crippled in AE.

I hope that 2016 will be a good year for the CC line because the last 2.5 years were weak (my opinion).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2016 Jan 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Choose Preferences>Playback

Uncheck Enable Mercury Transmit

This works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2016 Jan 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a lifesaver. Thanks so much!

> Choose Preferences>Playback

> Uncheck Enable Mercury Transmit

> This works for me.

Nothing happening when you hit the space bar in premiere is a huge problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 09, 2016 Jan 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switching off Mercury Transmit is an unacceptable workaround to any of us who do work for broadcast or other color critical applications where we use a calibrated display.

I've tracked some of my Pr CC 2015 issues to Nvidia drivers.  I was getting KPs several times a day (very bad) with it enabled, and they stopped after I switched to the Mac OSX driver.  I don't know if that will help Windows users, or if Windows has its own graphics card drivers, but Nvidia cards seem to be a common denominator in many of these posts.

My point is:  Those who are blaming Adobe for this may be barking up the wrong tree.

The latest version of Pr is finally working very well, although not perfectly.  It crashes scrubbing JPEG files over 6K pixels high or wide.  Workaround is to down scale big JPEGs or do moves in Ae and render, or use Dynamic Link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 20, 2016 Jan 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim Curtis wrote:

Switching off Mercury Transmit is an unacceptable workaround to any of us who do work for broadcast or other color critical applications where we use a calibrated display.

I've tracked some of my Pr CC 2015 issues to Nvidia drivers.  I was getting KPs several times a day (very bad) with it enabled, and they stopped after I switched to the Mac OSX driver.  I don't know if that will help Windows users, or if Windows has its own graphics card drivers, but Nvidia cards seem to be a common denominator in many of these posts.

My point is:  Those who are blaming Adobe for this may be barking up the wrong tree.

The latest version of Pr is finally working very well, although not perfectly.  It crashes scrubbing JPEG files over 6K pixels high or wide.  Workaround is to down scale big JPEGs or do moves in Ae and render, or use Dynamic Link.

Jim - Have you continued to experience better performance with the native OSX drivers?  I am having several issues with GPU in PPro and AE and the NVIDIA driver is the only thing that is giving me semi-acceptable performance.  The native OSX driver is producing pretty severe rendering artifacts in AE with the majority of my plugins.  Also was getting a CUDA memory error with AE while PPro is open, which never happened before...

Hoping some of these headaches go away with the 10.11.3 update, but I'm not confident.  Maybe will "upgrade" sometime next week after the latest NVIDIA drivers are released?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've definitely narrowed the Nvidia driver down as the culprit in my kernel panics.  Getting those definitely slows down my work flow.

I haven't noticed any difference in rendering times using the OSX driver.  I use a utility called iStat Menus that lets me watch a gauge while rendering, and I can see that my K5000 is going full bore under the OSX driver on occasions (as are my CPU cores).

The main downside to using the OSX driver is that I have to reboot when turning on my second display, which is something I don't have to do with the Nvidia driver running.  Otherwise. my mouse gets laggy, which is unacceptable.

BTW, I contacted Nvidia about my kernel panic issue, and they shunted me off to PNY, who hasn't even responded to my request for support.  Jerks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the Apple driver would not generate the rendering artifacts in AE that it is currently doing when using plugins, then that likely would be the solution moving forward...  In the meantime, will likely switch back and forth and "deal with it" until some updates are released.  Maybe 10.11.3 will be the fix?

I would upgrade to a "trash can" MacPro6,1 if that would solve all the issues, but there seems to be another slew of problems with the AMD drivers and Adobe.

None of the big companies I've contacted for help in the past 2-3 months for support have responded to me, except for Red Giant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of rendering artifacts are you getting?  I haven't notice this.

bsbeamer wrote:

If the Apple driver would not generate the rendering artifacts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim Curtis wrote:

Can best be described as blocks or strips of digital noise.  Usually horizontal across (at very top or very bottom) of an image (video), taking up 10-20% of the height.  Sometimes also impact another "quadrant" on a nearby row in the vicinity of the main strip.  (This is NOT at all the same style issue as the PPro issue with the pink/red/yellow colors.)

It mainly appears in AE when using effects and is 100% GPU driver related it seems.  Some effects that have a GPU acceleration option are more problematic than others.  The issue behaves differently for all of them and really depends on which driver being used.  Usually it is the exact opposite configuration for each to get rid of the digital noise issue (GPU enabled or GPU disabled, depending on which driver is being used).  I have been able to replicate with both Apple and NVIDIA drivers several times. 

I'm not sure if CUDA errors are related to this or not, but they are happening more frequently than in the past.

All drivers are up-to-date for OS X 10.11.2.  I'm not sure if OS X 10.11.3 addresses any of these issues, but waiting at least until the updated NVIDIA web drivers are released before I attempt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bsbeamer wrote:

Jim Curtis wrote:

Can best be described as blocks or strips of digital noise.  Usually horizontal across (at very top or very bottom) of an image (video), taking up 10-20% of the height.  Sometimes also impact another "quadrant" on a nearby row in the vicinity of the main strip.  (This is NOT at all the same style issue as the PPro issue with the pink/red/yellow colors.)

It mainly appears in AE when using effects and is 100% GPU driver related it seems.  Some effects that have a GPU acceleration option are more problematic than others.  The issue behaves differently for all of them and really depends on which driver being used.  Usually it is the exact opposite configuration for each to get rid of the digital noise issue (GPU enabled or GPU disabled, depending on which driver is being used).  I have been able to replicate with both Apple and NVIDIA drivers several times.

I'm not sure if CUDA errors are related to this or not, but they are happening more frequently than in the past.

All drivers are up-to-date for OS X 10.11.2.  I'm not sure if OS X 10.11.3 addresses any of these issues, but waiting at least until the updated NVIDIA web drivers are released before I attempt.

Thanks for that info.  I'm not seeing anything like that in my Ae renders, although I should add that my Ae needs have been fairly simple lately.  I rendered a Trapcode Tao animation recently, which I believe is all about the GPU, and didn't have any problems with it.  I also did an Element 3D project, which also relies heavily on the GPU, and again, had no issues.

I see what you're describing in my second display every now and then, even on Finder windows.  Rebooting clears it up.

Have you considered rolling your OS back to 10.10?  That's what I'm using.  10.10.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim Curtis wrote:

Have you considered rolling your OS back to 10.10?

Wish I could... A corporate IT policy from a client mandates that I update to the most recent OS within 2-weeks of release.  (This policy also applies to OS updates.)  It's for security reasons, partially because of the Adobe Flash debacles in the past.  I'll "need" to be on 10.11.3 in about 10 days.  Have dual-booted my desktop when possible, but it's not a practical solution when I need to work.

Keeping the Red Giant plugins updated through Link is recommended.  They are at least (mostly) addressing issues with stuff on their end recently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that's insane.  I like to skip every other Mac OS release, and don't upgrade until it's 10.x.3 or 10.x.4.  Their initial .0 releases are notoriously problematic.  And if you run third party drivers, such as for a RAID, IO (AJA, BMD, etc.), or GPU, those can take a while to debug as well.  That's practically begging for problems.  You have my sympathy.  Many corporate workers are prisoner to the IT departments.

There was a release for Pr that required 10.6 to use Mercury Transmit, IINM.  In a case like that, it was worth taking the gamble, because up until then, I had to rely on AJA to support their Kona IO.  I never got that to work reliably.  And even Mercury Transmit took a few updates to work reliably for me.  Now, it works pretty well, although it drops frames even in fully rendered Sequences, but I'm not sure if that's Pr or the Nvidia card.  My guess it's the card (or its driver).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Adobe Premiere Pro CC because I wanted to move away from FCP.  I have a 1 minute sequence of three clips and I did was some color work.  Then I discovered that the playback doesn't work, it keeps stopping.  I take it this issue is still no fixed ?  I read through the entire thread for fixes, workarounds, etc... what kind of video editor can't play back a simple sequence ????   This is ridiculous.  At least FCP can play back video.  WTF! 

Are there any fixes on the way ?

I'm on a Mac Pro, 16 gig ram, El Capitan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IIRC, the official line from Adobe re: forthcoming bug fixes is essentially "LOL as if we'd tell u. just chill, bro!"

In a more helpful vein, CC2015 is still a piece of garbage. You'll be much happier with the CC2014 or plain ol' CC versions of Premiere. Hooray for the subscription model!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2016 Jan 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, that seems to be the direction to head.  I'm going to look into DaVinci and Avid first though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2016 Feb 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all on this list.

The only thing that worked for me was to update my realtec audio driver..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 05, 2016 Feb 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wadeh757 wrote:

I tried all on this list.

The only thing that worked for me was to update my realtec audio driver..

Assume that means you are on Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines