Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playhead Drag / Lag Problem

Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I've been visiting these forums too frequently after the El Capitain update. To add to the GPU problem, does anyone have any idea whats happening here?

My play head in the source window lags behind my mouse and then retraces it's steps.

Please advise, thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 28, 2015 Oct 28, 2015

El Capitan is the ish ... that OS has had more bugs for more programs than I've seen in a long time ... Apple is getting out patches slowly to fix things, check for updates there ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting comment. Should I look for driver updates for my AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ftheune wrote:

Interesting comment. Should I look for driver updates for my AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB?

You can certainly look, but my understanding is that AMD is currently not interested in creating Mac-specific drivers outside of what is released/bundled with OSX.  They are releasing Windows-drivers for users who are utilizing Boot Camp.

This is actually becoming a growing problem within the professional community with the lack of driver updates/support from AMD for the FirePro D-series for both OSX and Windows.  It's almost the exact opposite problem as NVIDIA who have decided to continue to release and update their own Mac-specific drivers that are external to the built-in OSX drivers.

Regardless, this is a growing issue and is causing problems for users.  These companies need to start working together more cohesively to benefit the end-users.

AMD's drivers - almost all Windows and Linux:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

This may be helpful as well:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7147960

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 06, 2016 Jan 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also worth noting that the second beta for OSX 10.11.3 has been released.  If your problems are that severe with AMD drivers, it MIGHT be worth cloning your system drive and installing the beta on a separate partition to give it a shot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 06, 2016 Jan 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an FYI. I have turned on Activity Monitor to see what's going on and have been finding all kinds of strange things (i.e.. TechTools Data Recovery, loading over and over). In addition to a bunch of other things. This can kind of work like a scoreboard letting you know what's happening. I highly recommend it for at least a day or so. CCX Process continually jumping to the top in addition to a bunch of other Adobe things (but taking up very little processing power).

Does anybody know where I can download the beta for 10.11.3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 07, 2016 Jan 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

michaelcwelch wrote:

Just an FYI. I have turned on Activity Monitor to see what's going on and have been finding all kinds of strange things (i.e.. TechTools Data Recovery, loading over and over). In addition to a bunch of other things. This can kind of work like a scoreboard letting you know what's happening. I highly recommend it for at least a day or so. CCX Process continually jumping to the top in addition to a bunch of other Adobe things (but taking up very little processing power).

Does anybody know where I can download the beta for 10.11.3?

TechTools Data Recovery is probably software from Micromat, likely Techtool Pro.  If you did not install that, I would suggest addressing.  If you did install, maybe adjust your settings or check for an update, or stop using it.

Beta #2 of OSX 10.11.3 is ONLY recommended for developers and people testing software.  If you are going to install, I would highly recommend you have a system clone of your current boot drive ready to go in case there are problems.  This is pre-release software and it is generally unsupported by Adobe.

https://developer.apple.com/osx/download/

https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2016 Mar 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, recently upgraded to a brand new mac pro with El Capitan and now I'm experiencing the same problem, is there a solution or workaround yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2016 Mar 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update to the latest version of Premiere Pro CC 2015 and I think this problem should resolve itself.  I don't think it's OS related.  I was having this problem myself and finally took some time to Google it, landed here, and read all the frustrations.  On a whim, I opened my Adobe update app, updated Premiere and I no longer have this issue (currently).  I still have other issues but those are an entirely different matter.  I'm on a Mac Pro about 4 years old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 14, 2016 Apr 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The latest CC 2015 patch for Premiere fixes the "mouse repeated movement after you let go of the mouse" type of lag, but it has introduced this janky choppy laggy activity to my Program monitor and Sequence as seen in this video:

https://youtu.be/rLz0oC4zGZk

Really difficult to work with. Also, all new Macs ship with El Cap out of the box and there's no way to revert back to Yosemite, so you're stuck with this problem if you have a new Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines