• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Poor performance: Premiere Pro CC 2019 13.0 (Mac)_04

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously!! Where is Adobe on this??? It's been weeks since this started happening.  I have the EXACT same issue!!! I too am using a new macbook pro (I purchased in December 2017) that I bought SPECIFICALLY for the purpose of using this program for a video editing class that I've taken.  I'm going to have to drop the class if this doesn't get fixed SOON!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Legacy Thread: Please try the following then report back: Basic Troubleshooting & Maintenance for Premiere Pro on macOS

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want Adobe to do something about it fill out a bug report.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to have to troubleshoot & be a paying beta tester for a 20 Billion dollar company like Adobe. They're promoting themselves as the professional's softwar, yet as you can read from the thread, there are many people who can't even perform basic tasks in their program because of compatibility issues related to software updates.

And it's also pointless to say, just don't do the software update. When there are known viruses or bugs in OS, it's in a users best interests to update their computer for increased safety & security.

Adobe is ALWAYS slow to respond to issues such as this (if at all) and I say this as a ten year Adobe user.

Its continually frustrating to be stuck with a company that never directly addresses large issues such as this, because they're basically a monopoly. This is Comcast / Spirit Airlines level of disinterest in customer satisfaction.

But what does it matter, once you're in their ecosystem, they know you're not leaving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

first of all, this isn't Adobe support, this is user to user. So I'm not an Adobe employee, just a user like you.

Second of all, your screenshot state that your mac is from late 2013, so unless it's the wrong screenshot, this is not "brand new". The GPU in your screenshot only has 1Gb of ram, which can be limiting for editing. That's why I asked if you tried Software only.

I'm trying to help you here, I'm trying to figure what's wrong. It can go from faulty hardware, to drivers, to software incompatibility and so on. It's not easy as ABC to troubleshoot someone.

I strongly suggest you to adress your concern at Adobe customer service, and contact Adobe technical support to help you resolve your issue.

Hope this helps,

Seb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it doesn't help.

i don't care to argue with you but you've said nothing helpful, not sure why you're bothering to post. and your first post - your computer isn't powerful enough to handle premiere pro was trolling, not being helpful. Maybe rethink what you consider to be a helpful post or tone.

I have two macs. one is a late 2017 maxed out $5k with 64GB of ram. same issue.

I strongly suggest you not bother creating some sort of needless back and forth or tell me i don't have enough gpu to handle adding a clip to a timeline.

I've tested the same basic editing functionality in Avid, Final Cut Pro and even iMovie and I'm not getting the crashing issues I'm experiencing on both of my iMacs running Premiere Pro cc 2018.

It's clearly a software issue related to the update for MacOS High Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact Adobe Technical Support. They will be able to help you out with your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

scbirch1  wrote

i don't care to argue with you but you've said nothing helpful, not sure why you're bothering to post. and your first post - your computer isn't powerful enough to handle premiere pro was trolling, not being helpful. Maybe rethink what you consider to be a helpful post or tone.

Why are you posting on this forum if you don't want suggestions from fellow users? I understand that you're frustrated but if you step back for a moment and think about what's happening it sure appears that you're having a problem primarily with High Sierra and less so, Premiere. I say this because many of us have absolutely no issue whatsoever with Premiere 2018 and no crashes.

A starting point might be for you to figure out what is going on with High Sierra and it's compatibility with Adobe CC 2018. You need to talk with Apple and Adobe. It doesn't sound like you've done much troubleshooting. Have you gone back to Adobe 2017 to see if that version works? Have you checked to see if there are any GPU driver updates?

Also the specs of your 2013 imac are indeed weak. It's not trolling, it's reality. Spend your energy getting the 2017 mac to work since the 2013 is definitely a lesser machine that won't serve you well with editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Legacy Thread: Please try the following then report back: Basic Troubleshooting & Maintenance for Premiere Pro on macOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines