• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PP 2022, v22, build 128 - No longer useable

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checking to see if anyone else has experienced this kind of complete loss of functionality. Here are the symptoms:

1. Loading is significantly slow - even goes white for a sec not responding before opening

2. Navigating menu options experience similar outcome

3. Importing video files no longer play, yellow banner and will not render

4. Closing is significantly slow

5. Unistalled and reinstalled

6. Cleared cache

7. Rebooted

None of these have made it funcational and basically unuseable. As a comparison Photoshop and Lightroom perform as expected, no problem. 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Orocovis! I have not seen anything like this on the computers I am running and the media I am using. Can you clue us in with more info on your computer's precise specs (CPU/GPU/RAM/HDs)? Please also tell us what kind of media you are using. Which camera shot the footage? Thanks so much for the additional info. I hope we can help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kevin-Monahan 

For the media, these are small files that I was testing with, less than 100mb. Some were screen captures, others downloaded, some shot with my S20/S22, or my Sony A7 III, all are MP4's

Specs are as follows:

Windows 11 Home, 21H2, 22000.593

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with Radeon Vega Graphics

32GB DD4 SDRAM

Western Digital 500GB WD Blue SN550 NVMe Internal SSD

Previously I had been running Premiere Pro without any problems. I know there had been some updates in between from when I last used it and this week when I fired it back up. Other than that, it performed as expected, quick and without delay. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Loading is significantly slow - even goes white for a sec not responding before opening

2. Navigating menu options experience similar outcome

3. Importing video files no longer play, yellow banner and will not render

4. Closing is significantly slow

5. Unistalled and reinstalled

6. Cleared cache

7. Rebooted

By @Orocovis

Try number 8, reset/trash the preferences. These are not touched when re-installing or clearing the cache. Here is how: FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere

If it doesn´t help, how much free space do you have on your harddrives, in percent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Averdahl 

The reset has been complete, but the only difference I see now is while trying to import a video, less than 50mb, it locks up

C: drive is at 60% free and D: drive is at 47%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This seems to be an issue with a few hidden file preferences that may have been corrupted somewhere along the line.

What these are would be impossibbe to say.

Could you do a partition or install PP on another drive on the same mcahine and see what happens

This is a case of slowly eliminating one area at at time and exploring all possibilities which may take a long time and cause you even more frustration.

I would try that install on the same machine but on another drive.

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is user to user forum where we users help each other. The Adobe engeneers do not always read everything here. If you feel strongly about a (new)feature or (bug) fix please post it on uservoice, as it will be read by the engeneers.
https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the recommendation, but unfortunately it is still the same result. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines