• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PP and 8mm scanned film - a continuation

Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

7 months ago I got super support from Jeff and others and I've used this knowledge to create several new projects. My question now is how/if I can speed up my workflow as I have heaps of 8mm rolls to go through.

What I do when starting a new project is to make a DV PAL sequence which automatically comes with PAR D1/DV PAL (1,0940). This PAR is not what I want but can't be changed at this moment (at least not to my knowledge).

Then I import my scanned film and modify it to frame rate 16, PAR 1,0 and Field order=Progressive scan.

Then I watch my film in the source monitor where it runs nice and evenly and where I make all my cuts and the resulting clips I insert into the timeline. There I have to resize it (55%) to match the size of the program monitor. The next step is to add "Neat video" to reduce noice. At this point the clip runs terribly jerky until it's been rendered. A 15min 8mm film will consist of approx 60-70 clips and to apply the changes I've mentioned to each one is a somewhat cumbersam work.

So I thought: Why don't I import the entire film into timeline, resize it and add noise reduction and from there I can make my cuts. The problem is that the film in the timeline gets so jerky that it is practically impossible to work with. Unless of course if I render the entire film first. This takes a looong time, but I can always do something else in the meantime. Great - now I can work with the film (I thought) but the moment I make my first cut the marker on top of the timeline turns from green to red and the sequence is hopelessly jerky again. 

I somehow get the feeling that my computer can't cope with the unrendered clip or sequence but my computer meets the recommended needs. This is what U use:

Intel core i7

CPU@ 2,00 GHz

RAM 25 GB

Win 10 pro 64 bit

Is there a way around this??

Peter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Couple suggestions.  First, right click on one of the clips in the bin and make the sequence from that.  This will start you off with a proper sequence, instead of you having to change it afterwards.

Next, look into Paste Attributes.

https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/premiere_pro_reference.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couple suggestions.  First, right click on one of the clips in the bin and make the sequence from that.  This will start you off with a proper sequence, instead of you having to change it afterwards.

Next, look into Paste Attributes.

https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/premiere_pro_reference.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

This is a re-write of my first answer sent a couple of days ago that somehow seems to have disappeared.

Thanks for your suggestions!

To make a new sequence from the corrected clip (That is after changing to correct PAR, fps and so on) does save some clicks, but I can't get inte Paste Attributes whatever combination of selecting clips or sequence I try. It's greyed out so it's not active!?

Regards

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to Copy before you can Paste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why, of course!

Now I've got the hang of it. Only trouble is that noise reduction turns up with a lot of artefacts when pasted, for some reason or another, so I have to go in and activate the effect once more and then I loose much of the point in pasting that. Other effects seem to work all right but if you take correcting color or highlights/shadows for example then it's not likely that you want the same amount of correction on all clips so there is not much point in pasting there either. BUT, you've tought me a thing that can come in handy every now and then!

Thanks!

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines