• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pr 13.0.2 won't quit. I have to force quit.

Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not had many problems with Pr until the latest update (13.0.2). Since then Pr won't quit. I have to force quit. I guess not a big problem but it's annoying that PR just hangs until I force it to quit.

Any ideas on how to correct this?

MacOS 10.12.6

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

Processor 3.1 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sierra's (version 10.12.6) getting a little long in the tooth - I can't guarantee that's the problem, but it couldn't hurt to bring your MacOS up to Mojave to match the current PPro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While there's nothing of the "improvements" in mojave that are of any use to me, if it helps me with my beloved Adobe apps, I'll give it a try.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happened after updating, Terry Lyle?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll let you know once I get to it. I'm not known for moving quickly on any thing. I like to think about it. And think about. I guess I like the thinking about it  part more than getting to the solution. I'll report back once the update happens. Hopefully in our lifetime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to try one more troubleshooting step before updating, try this: Premiere Pro CC, CC 2014, or 2014.1 freezing on startup or crashing while working (Mac OS X 10.9, an...

To be honest, my opinion is that High Sierra is a good sweet spot for macOS and the current software. That said, avoid updating any OS when you are in the middle of a project.

My troubleshooting steps can help. You should do them after every update of macOS.

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confess I am reluctant to update the OS since there's nothing in the update that I would make use of, unless that would be better preformance. But, I can't be sure of that. I did try your suggested troubleshooting. Nothing changed. Force quiting isn't a big deal though but it just makes me wonder why that happens. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, my mac has a 10.3.6 (high sierra) and I have the same "bug".
In Pr 2018 doesn't happen it.
Has a solution? I don't wanna update to Mojave, I used a Nvidia eGPU... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't want (or have any use for ) Mojave either, so I ditched PR 2019 and went back to PR 2018. Everything's working great now. I also deactivated Creative Cloud automatic updates. it's become clear to me that updates are no longer to be trusted as "improvements". If you can use PR 2018 for what you're doing, and that's the only solution that I found to solve the problem, you might consider going back to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue (I have to Force Quit EVERY TIME) after updating to Premiere 13.0 (2019). Talked to a fellow editor, who said updating OS to 10.14 (Mojave) helped him, so I tried it. Issue still persists, though. Before updating to Mojave, I was on the verge of leaving Adobe and going to Final Cut, but the OS update removed about 20 of the 30 interface and workflow problems.

My question: Are all these ridiculous problems caused by the introduction of Premiere Rush (AKA iMovie 2009), that silly app that's only good for middle school kids to make better Instagram videos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is still a big issue with the latest spring update 13.03. Had to downgrade last time to 13.01 which stopped this issue. Thankfully it doesnt really affect anything, just very annoying having to force quit it everytime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines